Injury Jed's Shoulder trouble - now on the LTI list (1/5/2014)

Remove this Banner Ad

That sucks.

I'm expecting him to go in for surgery and be done for the year. I don't think the club would talk about the severity of the injury if they intended on managing it through the season.

It's a real shame, his first game at Box Hill before getting injured was very exciting, and he would have forced his way into the side and been a solid contributor for the rest of the year.

He's too young and important to our future to mess around with. Have the operation, get his shoulder right and let him start his 2015 preparation in September/October.

Here's footage of me reading about this just now.

other-guys-computer-smash-o.gif

All the best to Jed with his recovery, seems the kid cant get a break at the moment.
But im sure we will see the best of him in years to come just have to be patient.

I wouldn't go the surgery option unless absolutely necessary. If it can heal naturally, then let it. The alternative means he's out for the year anyway.
The way I read it is that he's going to need surgery at some point. If it was late in the season they'd nurse it to the end of the year and then get the op. But since it's the start of the year he'd have to carry it for 20 games, which is too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the best to Jed, from what you hear about the young man, he will take it the right way and be back and firing for next year. I am spewing tbh, I think he is THE best of our younger brigade.

Said it before but just give the young man the year off. He's had a massive ordeal and is lucky to be alive let alone looking at playing footy this year. He's going to be massive for our future so no point risking him now.

Bit more about Anderson's injury in 'Chat to Clarko'. Sounds like he has some nerve damage to the shoulder. No mention of surgery though (but it could have been recorded before they knew that surgery might be needed). Clarko does mention though that he will miss a few more weeks.

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/video/2014-04-26/chattoclarko-episode-7

Terrible news for young Jed. I am sure the medical team will make a decision based on his best long term interests.
However, if he does have surgery it will be interesting to see if anyone is elevated from the rookie list straight away.
I would imagine Ross and Heatherley would be in contention as Wanganeen has already been elevated.

Bit more about Anderson's injury in 'Chat to Clarko'. Sounds like he has some nerve damage to the shoulder. No mention of surgery though (but it could have been recorded before they knew that surgery might be needed). Clarko does mention though that he will miss a few more weeks.

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/video/2014-04-26/chattoclarko-episode-7
This video is actually a lot more encouraging than the initial reports of surgery and season over. As bumpswithagrin mentions, Clarko seems to imply that Jed will only miss several more weeks this season...

The video was clearly recorded this week (post Geelong match), so it's hard to see why things would have changed (from no surgery to surgery) since the recording.. On the other hand, you don't want to risk chronic shoulder problems for the rest of his career, so maybe they've reassessed and will take the most conservative possible approach.

Fingers crossed for the kid, we all know he's a gun!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back