Toast Jeff Dunne RIP

I met him a few times as his wife worked with my dad in Ballarat for many years , another Ballarat boy gone , RIP Jeff

_Maximus_12

Premiership Player
Jul 20, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
LA Lakers

I met him a few times as his wife worked with my dad in Ballarat for many years , another Ballarat boy gone , RIP Jeff
Never had the fortune of meeting him, but dad would always tell me about the player he was.
Would have loved to have seen him play.
He and dad were cousins and I used to always lament the fact he’d played 100 games and dad played none.
Father son rule, and some additional talent would have been nice.
RIP JEFF

malevu

Club Legend
Nov 1, 2013
Animal Enclosure
AFL Club
St Kilda
Loved Jeff dunne. One of my favourite players. Maybe it the long sleeves. Reckon he wore 49 first before going 8. I’m sure someone knows for sure.
Here you go.

Screenshot (5).png

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Anyone not familiar with the afltables website should have a look. Its got detailed game and player stats going back to 1965. All players, all clubs. It's a great source of info for old guys with short memories !

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/stats_idx.html
Love afl tables. Use it every day just about. Forgot they have numbers. Great for catching guys who said they played vfl senior footy.

malevu

Club Legend
Nov 1, 2013
Animal Enclosure
AFL Club
St Kilda
I had no idea until I read it today. Then again I don’t reckon many know Rene kink played for us.

I reckon a good trivia question to catch out a Saints supporter is to ask them how many Brownlow Medallists have played for St.Kilda. You have to word the question just like that.

Not many would think of Brian Wilson from Melbourne.

malevu

Club Legend
Nov 1, 2013
Animal Enclosure
AFL Club
St Kilda
Jeff Dunne played in an era when I stalked the club. He started as a small forward/rover type who seemed pretty average until he was tried as a back pocket. The transformation was amazing and he became a star. He played a few seasons in the Vic team as back pocket because he became that good.

Never really got to know him. He seemed a pretty shy and retiring type. Another Sainter gone too soon.

Last edited:
Jeff Dunne played in an era when I stalked the club. He started as a small forward/rover type who seemed pretty average until he was tried as a back pocket. The transformation was amazing and he became a star. He played a few seasons in the Vic team as back pocket because he became that good.

Never really got to know him. He seemed a pretty shy and retiring type. Another Sainter gone too soon.
He was very quiet but a really nice guy

Talking of Ballarart players , Con Britt who played for Collingwood is unfortunately in the same home as my dad , he was pretty hand back in the day too , Ballarat used to be such a good breeding ground for VFL players , seems to have dropped off over the last 15-20 years

Aug 15, 2009
Dubai, UAE
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
North Sydney Bears Rugby League
Talking of Ballarart players , Con Britt who played for Collingwood is unfortunately in the same home as my dad , he was pretty hand back in the day too , Ballarat used to be such a good breeding ground for VFL players , seems to have dropped off over the last 15-20 years
I remember Con Britt. That's sad to hear.

St Muir

All Australian
Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
One of our few good players during a bleak period. Probably our best at times. Very reliable and gave us some run out of the backline.
Very sad to see him gone.

Last edited:
Back