Jeff Farmer

Remove this Banner Ad

lamby29

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2002
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
The word going around is that Jeff Farmer wants to return to the MFC next year, as he is struggling at the Dockers and wants to return to the club where he made his name.

I ****ing hope it is true!! :)

Originally posted by lamby29
The word going around is that Jeff Farmer wants to return to the MFC next year, as he is struggling at the Dockers and wants to return to the club where he made his name.

Sounds like a rohan rumor...
Rohan is that you?

Im glad he didnt struggle last week.

come back to your real home Jeff

the melbourne Football Club

you played in a Grand FInal, you booted 8 goals in prelim Final, you were All Australian, you booted 76 goals in 2000, you took mark of the year in 1998, and kick about 50 contenders for goals of the year

you are wasting awaty in Freo

come back and play at the feet of David neitz, and dont waste your talent, which is exactly what you are doing now that you are in your comfort zone and not motivated

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lovin the name Yze_magic and i agree totally with what you have said. Lol barracking for melbourne is completely detremental for your health as we could see last week. Farmer is a no-body in Perth wasting away. Get under Neitz, have Johnno and Ooze delivering the ball laces out on your chest and come back and kick 9 in a half against Collingwood again plz?

Originally posted by Ben_Asgari
Lovin the name Yze_magic and i agree totally with what you have said. Lol barracking for melbourne is completely detremental for your health as we could see last week. Farmer is a no-body in Perth wasting away. Get under Neitz, have Johnno and Ooze delivering the ball laces out on your chest and come back and kick 9 in a half against Collingwood again plz?

The Wiz a "nobody" in Perth??? I don't think you venture out from under your rock and visit our fair town often. The Wiz is huge to the Freo supporter community!
There are kids at the games dressed up in wizard costumes (stars and pointy hats and all) with his number on their backs. The crowd cheers with excitement and expectation everytime he goes near the ball.
Connolly has got him doing more of the team stuff now, and off the ball he sets up alot of plays, and assists in alot of goals. Unlike the Demons, Freo have numerous guys that can score multiple goals, so the Wiz isn't neccersarily the focal point at ground level anymore. Saying that, I believe he'll average around 3 goals per game for the rest of the season. The guy is just starting to get into some form after a few false starts.

hahahahaha
hoohoohoohoo
hahahahaha
I think I'm going to wet my pants...
Stop it.. it's too funny
hahahahahahahaha

yze_magic is talking about his performances tho, and its true they have dropped off from superstar to inconsistant but quality forward pocket. happens to most players tho, the peak period of a players career is usually the 50-150 game mark, early to mid twenties. sure many stars keep on after this period, and still perform very well, but its far more rare to find 30 year olds in the all-australian team. wanganeen is having a year that looks like he'll be there again, but players of that age are rarely worldbeaters. their role changes from that of incessant ballwinners to disposal experts and team men. farmer is past his prime but hes great to have at freo cos in addition to being a good team man hes experienced and can help the kids out. who do you think will be next to paul medhurst come september when the dockers walk out onto the MCG to face collingwood and 90000 of their close friends. wiz has done it before. peter bell too. imagine a kid from darwin (population 90000 not including palmerston) walking into a packed MCG. id crap my dacks right there on center wing!

Our Jeffery has just turned 26. With 150 games under the belt. He's far from being over the hill. But Zero, you are right. His role in the team has changed and his experience is invaluable to the team with the youngsters.

Farmer won't come back to Melbourne because of his family, but I would hope that he wouldn't walk out on a second club, even if the demons are benifited, because that is when you start to earn a reputation.

*BUMP*

Looks like the rumour had some truth to it.

Nothing is official yet, but I can see Jeff coming 'home' to Melbourne for 2004.

When it comes to football, Jeff's heart will ALWAYS lie with Melbourne. Fremantle will never be able to change that no matter what they do. His blood runs red & blue and if it wasn't for his family, he would still be playing proper footy at the MCG with his favourite club, not with some Johnny Come Lately club that he only plays for because it's in WA.

Come home Jeff, where you can really shine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back