Toast Jeff Garlett

Remove this Banner Ad

to get to where he did after his personal struggles - sure he was conditional but he got to the summit from places most of us couldn't even imagine - plus he got to bury richmond off his own boot in 2013 (?).........
Agree.

On top of that I remember his resolve. I remember reading an article where it mentioned that this skinny little rookie listed player was asked by the club (I think by one of the coaches) what his aims were for that year and he responded that he fully intended to play in round one. This was an outrageous prediction at the time that no-one thought remotely possible but he replaced Robbie Warnock on the long term injury list and duly played in that round one game against Richmond and scored a goal with his first kick in league football. Talk about beating the odds.

Loved him as a player and that he has been able to overcome considerable adversity in his life. Hope he has a successful and happy life after football.

(What are the chances that our newly listed rookie players could make the same transition into the side?)

Jeff was a tortured soul at times

Without going into too much detail, couple of off field situations that I was privy to, consumed his life, but rose above it and fought hard mentally

Gifted

He should be proud of what he has achieved
Well said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still remember his first couple games in the pre-season cup, was this incredibly raw skinny kid, but you could see the talent right away. Was marking things a skinny raw kid had no right to and his set shots were iffy, had they not been he could have kicked a mini bag in his first game probably, but you just knew he had something.

Loved watching Jeffy play. Especially those run down tackles that left his opponents stupefied.....the look on Boomer's face priceless.

boomer basically got rotary hoed into the turf.........

Armfield with his shepherds

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk
Army gave the weagles player about 10m, and overtook him at a canter. Garlett with those two awesome shepherds were spectacular!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back