Boxing Jeff Horn vs Anthony Mundine @ Suncorp Stadium on Friday, November 30, 2018

Who wins?

• Draw / No Contest

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want a Danny Green vs Paul Briggs Rematch on the Undercard!!1!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I the only person on this forum looking forward to this contest?

mundine-horn_1slhks2p65dcs1t9748vb6mote.png

Yes, it is a shameless money-making exercise. But that's boxing, that's professional sport, that's how it is.

Horn is currently favourite at about $1.17, Mundine at about $4.60.

The catch-weight and fight-day weigh-in makes things very interesting. Mundine has to be <71kg the day before and <75kg on the day of the fight.

Mundine in his prime was easily the better boxer, and will still be the better technician in this contest. He will also be naturally bigger (and two inches taller), even if the special catch-weight conditions keep him from going into the ring much heavier than Horn.

Of course, Horn is younger and, in theory, fitter and more agile.

I was there at Suncorp when Horn was gifted a rigged decision against Pacquiao. Daylight robbery if ever you have seen it.

I was watching via stream when Mundine was robbed in the rematch with Green last year. What a disgrace that was.

I like Horn. Seems like a genuinely nice dude. I admire his mental toughness, taking punch after punch and still walking forward, like some kind of madman. It was hard to watch him get absolutely pummeled in Vegas a few months ago. He was completely out of his depth.

I also like Rushton. At first I was put off by his shtick, but now I see that he is just trying his best to promote the fights, to promote boxing, even if only to help boost his own wealth. Good on him, I say.

I'll be heading along to Suncorp (unless the ticket prices are silly, in which case I will simply head to a pub on principle). I don't know who I will be cheering for. Probably neither fighter: I'll just enjoy the spectacle for what it is.

What are your thoughts, bigfooty?

I'm not really sure how much of your post I can take seriously if you think Mundine was robbed in the Green rematch.

I'm not really sure how much of your post I can take seriously if you think Mundine was robbed in the Green rematch.
Not sure if srs Mundine won both green fights easily judges were a disgrace that second fight

Not sure if srs Mundine won both green fights easily judges were a disgrace that second fight

Mundine's problem in the 2nd fight was that he hardly threw a punch in comparison. Green beat him on work rate. Green's timing may have been lousy but weight of numbers are what got him over the line. I don't know what Mundine was doing to be honest. Most goldfish only remember the later stages of the fight when Mundine finally woke up and lifted his work rate, the problem was, Green had already won it in the first half, without knockdowns or a knockout, Mundine was never going to catch him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you watch these without signing up?
???

I just click on one of the 3 links. Heaps of popups come trying to get you to bet or sign up but just keep shutting them down and stay on the original tab, eventually you'll get the stream.

Usually takes about 45 - 60 seconds to get to the direct source.

Can't get any working.
Macquarie sports radio are broadcasting it. So can old school hear it

Back