Opinion Jeff Kennett News, Media etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure why not - Chris Langford would be the gold standard and would be a significant promotion on a busted and failed politician.

For starters he was anti merger, has not sort the Melbourne presidency and has not tried to send the club to the map...

Thanks for you reply Hawkk but is he a serious option; has he commented that he would consider such a role?

Not second guessing the validity of the suggestion but for me to support a change to the current board (including presidency/chairmanship) I would need to see names of bona fide challengers. We have a change to the football department upcoming which I imagine would include assistant coaches and support staff (maybe Youngie upgraded from Box Hill??) and I would be hesitant to see a change to the leadership team at the same time.

Vertical stripes we both have on our jumpers but we are not Collingwood with a coaching vacancy and questions re the board. Would prefer that the players have a sense of stability in order to recommit for the years that come including a few more cups in the cabinet.

Sure why not - Chris Langford would be the gold standard and would be a significant promotion on a busted and failed politician.

For starters he was anti merger, has not sort the Melbourne presidency and has not tried to send the club to the map...
I’d absolutely love Chris Langford or Jason Dunstall to put their hand up.

Problem is, at this stage, neither of them or anyone else has.

That’s been my argument all year, which some confuse as me backing Kennett

Thanks for you reply Hawkk but is he a serious option; has he commented that he would consider such a role?

Not second guessing the validity of the suggestion but for me to support a change to the current board (including presidency/chairmanship) I would need to see names of bona fide challengers. We have a change to the football department upcoming which I imagine would include assistant coaches and support staff (maybe Youngie upgraded from Box Hill??) and I would be hesitant to see a change to the leadership team at the same time.

Vertical stripes we both have on our jumpers but we are not Collingwood with a coaching vacancy and questions re the board. Would prefer that the players have a sense of stability in order to recommit for the years that come including a few more cups in the cabinet.

‘how very convenient. The board get to stay because there’s already instability, which seems to be largely caused by them ffs

‘there won’t be any people putting up their hand while there’s a schoolyard bully like kennet who would attack them. Remember Jeff.com?
If kennet can’t see he’s hopelessly compromised, we need a genuine caretaker such as dunstall (who kennet know he would lose to in a battle of words)

but dunstall (as an example) should be a genuine caretaker (like second term kennet said he would be LOL) then the appropriate candidates would emerge.

just think on this, the joke was kennet always wanted to remove Clarkson - it’s happened
His other wet dream was a bigger presence in tassie, perhaps even completely tassie hawks. Give me the reasons he’s not doing this to get that.

why the hell is he lingering around continually saying heel find a replacement ‘in 18 months time’

Last edited:
‘there won’t be any people putting up their hand while there’s a schoolyard bully like kennet who would attack them. Remember Jeff.com?

could you imagine Kennett attacking Dunstall though?
Would be professional suicide.
Dunstall isn’t Don Scott, he’s absolutely revered by all hawks supporters

The lack of alternatives to Kennett is absolutely the issue :thumbsu:

Im just merely pointing out how ill equipped Kennett is to be our president

‘how very convenient. The board get to stay because there’s already instability, which seems to be largely caused by them ffs

100 per cent.

And the CEO who has been MIA throughout the entire saga and bombed on all performance metrics is rewarded with an obscene contract extension with absolutely no justification thereof.

So much for ‘governance...’

The afl media narrative has now turned its attention to Jeff.

Following the Eddie example I give Jeff 6 weeks before he is cancelled...

The reign of the ‘keen gardener’ is reaching its most challenging time :)

Last edited:
If kennet can’t see he’s hopelessly compromised, we need a genuine caretaker such as dunstall (who kennet know he would lose to in a battle of words)

but dunstall (as an example) should be a genuine caretaker (like second term kennet said he would be LOL) then the appropriate candidates would emerge.

just think on this, the joke was kennet always wanted to remove Clarkson - it’s happened
His other wet dream was a bigger presence in tassie, perhaps even completely tassie hawks. Give me the reasons he’s not doing this to get that.

why the hell is he lingering around continually saying heel find a replacement ‘in 18 months time’
If that’s the case then do we really want change. Seriously ?
If Jeff is the best we’ve got, we are in trouble
If no body is prepared to stand against him because they’re scared of the bully, I don’t particularly want them leading HFC
I want a strong smart leader who’s prepared to put the best interests of our great club 1st, not someone scared to speak their mind

Again,so there’s no confusion, I do not want Jeff as our President

If no body is prepared to stand against him because they’re scared of the bully, I don’t particularly want them leading HFC
I want a strong smart leader who’s prepared to put the best interests of our great club 1st, not someone scared to speak their mind

‘I’m just saying it’s a significant hurdle to cross. Cannot believe there is ‘no one’

‘I’m just saying it’s a significant hurdle to cross. Cannot believe there is ‘no one’
I’m really surprised that no one is putting their hand up.

I realise it’s a massive job & we need someone with some spare time on their hands but surely we have someone out there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you Brandon Starc because that's a pretty large jump!!! :)

I didn't say that their was currently instability in the board nor was is stable. I merely suggested that now was probably not the idea time for a change.

If and when an alternative is presented I will consider it and will choose then to comment further.

Cheers

Last edited:
What does stronger mean?
How do you measure that?

Most kpi's probably have regressed I imagine but show me a club that hasnt gone backwards in key areas this last 2 years.

I think you have to measure the club against their stated objectives at the end of next year.
But there also needs to be some consideration of covid over 2 years and potentially a 3rd next year.
So Jeff gets to use Covid as an excuse but Clarko can't?

I‘ve thought outside the box and there’s only one man for the job of El Presidente at Hawthorn FC.

This man straightened out the Penske File in under a week and I’m in no doubt if we can get him he will sort out the problems of the Hawthorn FC.

Ladies and gentlemen I give George Constanza - ‘Penske Material’

1627824112618.jpeg

P.S: By the way he sorted out the Penske File and he did so whilst he only had the little office -imagine what he‘ll do for us at Dingley. I also heard on the grapevine he did great things at the NY Yankees before George Steinbrenner traded him to Tyler Chicken. Anyway you now know my thoughts on the matter.

I have no idea what you are talking about.
The discussion is around the Board's performance over the past few years and it has been stated that they are not performing against their objectives. You have stated that there should be consideration given to the Board due to the impact of COVID. I am merely stating if that is the case, shouldn't the same consideration have been given to Clarkson?

The discussion is around the Board's performance over the past few years and it has been stated that they are not performing against their objectives. You have stated that there should be consideration given to the Board due to the impact of COVID. I am merely stating if that is the case, shouldn't the same consideration have been given to Clarkson?

Perhaps. I hadnt really thought about it and i wasnt ever comparing the two.

All I would say is that Clarko and the team are far easier to measure because of wins/losses and ladder position. Its pretty black and white.

No board factors into their 5 year plan a 1 in 100 year event like covid occurring.

Gut feel says covid has set our club back atleast 2 years. And that is from today.
What is next year going to be like?

I think we as a club are still doing ok off field, the current Clarko/Mitch cluster* aside.

Perhaps. I hadnt really thought about it and i wasnt ever comparing the two.

All I would say is that Clarko and the team are far easier to measure because of wins/losses and ladder position. Its pretty black and white.

No board factors into their 5 year plan a 1 in 100 year event like covid occurring.

Gut feel says covid has set our club back atleast 2 years. And that is from today.
What is next year going to be like?

I think we as a club are still doing ok off field, the current Clarko/Mitch clusterfu** aside.

are you saying a harder rebuild plus maintaining higher ladder position is possible? Most of the vibe seems to be we should have cleaned out saleable assets (bruest, Gunston and acertain kitten) in order to get a earlier draft picks by finishing lower earlier (2018-19)

I can’t see how it can be argued that a low ladder position is a bad indicator or otherwise?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back