Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Awesome.

Any word on the proposed plans? Do you know something that others do not???

Dingley - development is ahead of schedule according to all reports, recent pic here, that's a good looking road, will probably be named 'Clarkson Drive'...?

Landfill site.jpg

Sorry, this is picture our President wants to promote:

kennedy-community-centre-1.jpeg

Last edited:
are you saying a harder rebuild plus maintaining higher ladder position is possible? Most of the vibe seems to be we should have cleaned out saleable assets (bruest, Gunston and acertain kitten) in order to get a earlier draft picks by finishing lower earlier (2018-19)

I can’t see how it can be argued that a low ladder position is a bad indicator or otherwise?

No. Not suggesting that. My post actually has nothing to do with on field performance.
I was really just expressing my view on club (board) performance and the difficulty of measuring their performance in covid times.

May 6, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
WARNING
Online site collection of people's details.
Does anyone know who created site.
Is it legit or international/local SCAMMERS/HACKERS.
Anyone can enter site and vote, it's not just for hawks members.
NO-ONE knows who they are.
DO NOT share link or ENTER site.
UNTIL WE KNOW WHO CREATED THIS.
YOUR DEVICE MAY BE COMPROMISED by HACKERS.
UNTIL IT'S KNOW WHO CREATED THIS.
NO ONE KNOWS.
CAUTION SHOULD BE USED.
THIS SEEMS DODGY.
F6899EFA-F013-461F-B3F8-AA44C3125D86.jpeg

Feb 26, 2007
Here
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Jeff just has to go now. This club has been built on tough calls over the last however many years with Lewis and Mitchell moving on and clarko giving plenty the talk about options and their likely futures. Jeff no doubt was keen on putting an end to Clarkos reign. I'm comfortable enough with the change and it was always going to be hard. It becomes a bit of a balancing act between backing in a gun coach and becoming a Kevin Sheedy situation, but if you're rebuilding the list, changing coaches due to a weird relationship between president and ceo and graham wright has left the year before i think you need to make the change the whole way through and set the club up for the next era completely. Jeff has run his race much more than Clarko IMO. I would be happy to support any movement to remove him.

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Powerful how? Other than the first sentence the powerful group isn't mentioned again.

C'mon Carl, you're not playing the game right..?

What the media expects you to do is assume the headline is gospel, drop everything you're doing to then re-tweet and/or forward links to the story to all your social media accounts etc. Get with the program mate..!

FYI, Geoff Lloyd (who I believe is the legal eagle they are referring to) is actually a barrister who I knew of in a previous lifetime, perhaps he could now be a SC, but I seriously doubt he's a QC...

Moreover, what the media do not expect anyone to do is their own research:

Last edited:

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks

What the media expects you to do is assume the headline is gospel, drop everything you're doing to then re-tweet and/or forward links to the story to all your social media accounts etc. Get with the program mate..?

FYI, Geoff Lloyd (who I believe is the legal eagle they are referring to) is actually a barrister who I knew of in a previous lifetime, perhaps he could now be an SC, but I seriously doubt he's a QC...
I know an ex high school mate who is a Hawk Supporter and pretty sure he is a QC dont know if he is involved ???

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns

What the media expects you to do is assume the headline is gospel, drop everything you're doing to then re-tweet and/or forward links to the story to all your social media accounts etc. Get with the program mate..!

FYI, Geoff Lloyd (who I believe is the legal eagle they are referring to) is actually a barrister who I knew of in a previous lifetime, perhaps he could now be a SC, but I seriously doubt he's a QC...

Moreover, what the media do not expect anyone to do is their own research:

Could be the QC who founded a legal supporters’ group and has represented players at tribunal appearances.

Could be the QC who founded a legal supporters’ group and has represented players at tribunal appearances.

If he's the legal representative for our players at Tribunals they'll end up getting Jeff to sign for 10 more years instead of finding a clause to remove him.

Sep 17, 2004
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn

From the lips of lethal...

Over the past 5 years Jeff has been frog marched from Beyond Blue, has left the Channel 7 board was asked to GAGF’ed by the Victorian Liberals and is rumoured to be challenged at Hawthorn - his final outpost for attention and relevance...

Jeff its not you, its us :)

Once he’s removed the first job for the new president is to improve relations with the Victorian Government, the second with the AFL and the third is to leave Tasmania with honour...

It’s ludicrous that the club has been brought into the presidents war with the state given the deputy premier (and stand in premier) is a patron of the club...

Last edited:

Carl Spackler

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Just last AGM, less than 10 months ago, Kennett was renewed as president unopposed. Where was Dunstall then? I'm not saying Dunstall wouldn't be good (I reckon he would be) but the only thing that has changed in the last 12 months is we turned over AC for SM, which most people support as it was the culmination of a long term plan and prep. Kennett is the same personality he was 10 months ago when he ran unopposed.

The idea that Kennett doing the right thing but we not liking the way it was done when it was Clarkson that made it such a public mess... that doesn't justify an extraordinary challenge, IMO, and I doubt there would be a significant number of members who think it does.

Listening to JD talk about his relationship with Jeff, I can't see that JD would move against him.
That's not his style.

I think JD would have to be asked/nominated by the current executive team for it to happen.
My 2c

Just last AGM, less than 10 months ago, Kennett was renewed as president unopposed. Where was Dunstall then? I'm not saying Dunstall wouldn't be good (I reckon he would be) but the only thing that has changed in the last 12 months is we turned over AC for SM, which most people support as it was the culmination of a long term plan and prep. Kennett is the same personality he was 10 months ago when he ran unopposed.

The idea that Kennett doing the right thing but we not liking the way it was done when it was Clarkson that made it such a public mess... that doesn't justify an extraordinary challenge, IMO, and I doubt there would be a significant number of members who think it does.
Really? He’s completely ****ed this entire process up, making the club an absolute embarrassment along the way.

Plenty of people agree with the overall decision, and I’ve certainly come around to looking forward to Mitch coming on board, but Jeff has not covered himself in glory here at all, and for every metric he supposedly values as good governance, he has failed.

Really? He’s completely f’ed this entire process up, making the club an absolute embarrassment along the way.

Plenty of people agree with the overall decision, and I’ve certainly come around to looking forward to Mitch coming on board, but Jeff has not covered himself in glory here at all, and for every metric he supposedly values as good governance, he has failed.

???

I don't get this. All the club and Kennett did was hold Clarko to his most recent contract end date, the response to it has been far from perfect but to me it's not a Jeff Kennett issue.

There are plenty of reasons to want Jeff ousted and in my mind this is one of the least of them.

danielG

All Australian
Jun 27, 2009
richmond
AFL Club
Hawthorn
???

I don't get this. All the club and Kennett did was hold Clarko to his most recent contract end date, the response to it has been far from perfect but to me it's not a Jeff Kennett issue.

There are plenty of reasons to want Jeff ousted and in my mind this is one of the least of them.
???

I've done a bit of a back flip on what's happened to our great club over the last few weeks. I was genuinely disgusted that Clarko would be treated this way when the announcement was made but as news has come to light it seems Clarko was the one that is forcing teh clubs hand.
It seems Clarkson's manager is leaking this info directly to Caroline Wilson & probably knew his contract wasn't going to be renewed so forced the club to make a decision. When it didn't fall his way it seems like he's the guy that's made it difficult and ultimately untenable. All this with an eye to getting paid in full for his contract without doing a thing.
He's been amazing for our club but this is pretty poor really and all of the talk that the club comes first is not Clarko's reality.
In terms of Kennett, I'd gladly see the back of him but its reasonable that they'd choose to move on Clarko. He seems to have a few some bad blood with certain people at the club.
I think a clean start with a new coach, president and regenerated playing group would hopefully get us back up the ladder within a few years, focus on the future, the Dingley move, the AFLW inception and creating a new era.

???

Where do you start? His entire schtick is good governance and the club is currently a mess off the field. That can’t be disputed. Board members are leaking, footy department, players, supposedly Clarkos management. Even if you want to paint Clarko as the villain (which doesn’t make sense to me given the circumstances), this is all under Jeff’s watch.

This all started because they brought back Mitchell without a single meaningful conversation about whether this was a succession plan or not. Certainly it wasn’t in the players eyes nor Clarkos. The fact that the Collingwood position prompted all of this suggests that even Mitch wasn’t so sure it was a succession plan.

They then decide to sack Clarko, and didn’t want to pay him out so put up a charade of a succession plan, which they devoted a whole 20 minute planning session on, which they didn’t think would work, nor wanted to work in the hope that Clarko would go to another club or resign. Ignoring the complete disrespect of a hawks legend, this was just completely 2-faced, when all they needed to do was look him in the eye, shake his hand, and pay him out. They then leak the entire footy media that they don’t want him there next year to make his position appear completely untenable.

Obviously this has blown up to what has occurred the last few weeks. Meanwhile Mitchell has been completely robbed of a really positive moment in his career with a heap of pressure on him and we have a disgruntled hawthorn legend who might be lost to the club forever.

When you consider what Richard Garveys supposed failings were, Jeff has failed to live up to the standards of good governance whichever way you look at it.

Back