Opinion Jeff Kennett News, Media etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys, help me out here..where has all this Kennett hate come from? Remember, before he came back, the board was a debacle and he immediately steadied the ship again upon his return. Clarkos time was up, so that whole incident should not be a blight against his name.

Guys, help me out here..where has all this Kennett hate come from? Remember, before he came back, the board was a debacle and he immediately steadied the ship again upon his return. Clarkos time was up, so that whole incident should not be a blight against his name.

Ironically he hand picked the board members (co-opted and not subject to appointment by members) which led to the 2016-17 debacle

He also proposed publicly on no less than 4 seperate occasions a total relocation to the Launceston tram yards.

The good news is that once Kennett exits the building we’ll be in a strong position to attract Cyril as well as a raft of other indigenous greats back to the club…

11DAD831-BD75-4C29-99A1-28ED1A6DD660.jpeg

Last edited:
Ironically he hand picked the board members (co-opted and not subject to appointment by members) which led to the 2016-17 debacle

He also proposed publicly on no less than 4 seperate occasions a total relocation to the Launceston tram yards.

The good news is that once Kennett exits the building we’ll be in a strong position to attract Cyril as well as a raft of other indigenous greats back to the club…

View attachment 1261525
Is that seriously happening? Indigenous players are avoiding our club due to Kennett?

Is that seriously happening? Indigenous players are avoiding our club due to Kennett?
Cyril seemingly is. There’s screenshots of his thoughts about Kennett, that he shared on Instagram once.

I was genuinely asking the question and I was interested in hearing peoples view points.
There’s a 145 pages of this thread to flip through which will give you a pretty good idea of the reasons and view points.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was genuinely asking the question and I was interested in hearing peoples view points.

I have added my survey from just the other day as obviously you missed it.
After your comment I wasn’t sure if my description had been accurate. So when I went shopping this afternoon I carried out a survey of people at random, including the checkout girl.

Jeff Kennett has been described as sharp as a tack. What do you think of that?

“No, he’s really smart as a tack.”

“Sharp as a tack, how do I feel about that mmm. Well, he’s much the same as sitting on one”.

“Who the hell said that?”

“He’s an idiot.”

“Dumbass!” Not sure if this was directed at the question or me.

“If he is, it’s because one came out of his shoe when he had it in his mouth.”

“He’s a f’ing idiot.”

“F’ off, leave me alone.”

“Go away.”

“He’s a stupid idiot.”

“Who?” “The former State Premier and current President of Hawthorn.” ‘Oh that dude.’ Does he ever shut up. That’s $67.30 please”

“Well, yeah, as Hawthorn supporter I wish he would just go away.”

"He’s about as sharp as a bowling ball"

“Cool.” That was the only comment I could get out of Malcolm, the old and mostly bald hippy guy with the pony tail.

“He talks so much it’s a wonder he doesn’t get a sunburnt tongue.”

“Sharp as sack of jellyfish.”

“More like a poke in the eye with a pointy stick.”

“Whaaaat! You’re joking.”

“Stop annoying me!”

“No way.”

“Yeah, isn’t he lovely, all wrinkly and stuff, a real Shar Pei.”

Still it wasn’t all negative, there were 16 other people who identified themselves as supporters of opposition clubs, who thought he was doing a wonderful job and should stay in office for life. Geelong supporters in particular were very enthusiastic in their support for Jeff remaining in office.

So it looks like you were right, not a single person used the word cretin.

I mean, you could just read the thread? Loads of well articulated posts that answer your questions plenty of times.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Not a pro Kennett man but why didn’t anyone else put their hand up after the Garvey debacle?
iu
Democracy Manifest

Cyril seemingly is. There’s screenshots of his thoughts about Kennett, that he shared on Instagram once.

Kennett said something off base to Cyrils GF at the time (now wife) about her ripped jeans. Tone deaf and old man comment rather than racial etc but it got him offside. Funnily enough I've heard Jordan Lewis talk a few times about being close to Jeff.

Kennett said something off base to Cyrils GF at the time (now wife) about her ripped jeans. Tone deaf and old man comment rather than racial etc but it got him offside. Funnily enough I've heard Jordan Lewis talk a few times about being close to Jeff.
Jeff famously had a golliwog collection as posted above in this thread, and then made commentary on the security guards at MCG, declaring that the were “new arrivals” based on the color of their skin.

8DD38583-6903-4C48-A0C9-1E5EFDE3F7F8.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeff famously had a golliwog collection as posted above in this thread, and then made commentary on the security guards at MCG, declaring that the were “new arrivals” based on the color of their skin.

View attachment 1261725
3AW is a vehicle for this BS. They love giving individuals like Tom Elliot, Neil Mitchell, the lovely Rita air.

She’s awesome. At least they’re on the right track by including her. No idea who the other 2 are.
If you do not know who Mitchell and Elliot are, but know who Panihi is. That is remarkable. Anyway, I learn more about this world every minute. I can only assume you get your news from Social Media. If you like Panihi, you would like Mitchell and Elliot. They have a Conservative view of the world. If that is your bent you would love these shock jocks.

If you do not know who Mitchell and Elliot are, but know who Panihi is. That is remarkable. Anyway, I learn more about this world every minute. I can only assume you get your news from Social Media. If you like Panihi, you would like Mitchell and Elliot. They have a Conservative view of the world. If that is your bent you would love these shock jocks.
Not remarkable at all. How is recognising one name of three remarkable? An assumption that one = three is remarkably stupid, but that’s your thing.

Continuing with the remarkably stupid theme is the assumption that my news comes from social media - which I’m not active on (unless BigFooty is included, which is the only news that really matters!).

Learning more about the world every minute is amazing - probs explains why you’re so much smarter than the rest of us - you should definitely run for President (if only of our footy club). If you could put your knowledge & passion to good then I & 99.9% of active posters here would probs vote for you.

Enjoy her…..you are welcome to her. I apologise for being tiresome and boring !!
I appreciate your endorsement:thumbsupemoji:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back