Opinion Jeff Kennett News, Media etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trumped up defamation action is the refuge of the cornered white male narcissist (Roberts Smith, Porter etc). The last thing the club needs is more of a circus borne of Kennett’s ego. Boot the prick now

Hmm. I think you have missed my point.

Every person deserves the right of reply when they are being accused of something that was released yesterday. This board and the media have him guilty as charged based on one side of the story.

Take a deep breath and wait for his response to the accusations is all I am saying.

Every person deserves the right of reply when they are being accused of something that was released yesterday. This board and the media have him guilty as charged based on one side of the story.

Take a deep breath and wait for his response to the accusations is all I am saying.

LOL.

No right of reply?

Kennett just has to click his fingers and any one of many media organisations desperate for clicks and eyeballs will let him shoot his big mouth off at length, to his heart's content.

Unless the Hawthorn Football Club have told him to shut his mouth and not make it worse as they look for the replacement that should have been found long ago.

And I'm curious, what could Kennett possibly say that would improve the situation? (Apart from a heartfelt, unqualified apology, which no sane person believes he will ever do. He never apologised for defiling the state of Victoria's finances. He never apologised for overseeing corruption at Crown. He never apologised for being the Curse. Why would he start now?)

It's irrelevant now who is right and who is wrong, it's irrelevant who said what. It's gone beyond that. He's simply is a liability, a terrible distraction for the team, a source of division and he lays the Hawks open to further attacks by the media, like Caro's brilliant piece. Timed to perfection, proves timing is everything in life. We need a fresh start, clear the air of these issues. The first part of that is Jeff resigning, for the good of the club. He should have resigned last year, gracefully.

Yep Niall now reporting that Silk has gone cold on the idea of taking over. That was a quick 180!!

Owen Wilson now the favourite.

From the article;

The club issued a prompt apology to the Riolis. Kennett did not make a statement, the board view being that the president had made his personal apology to the couple back in 2018 and that no further mea culpa was necessary.

It is not surprising that the board did not castigate Kennett. Collectively, they have been largely supine since he returned for his second stint as president in 2017.

From the Oxford Dictionary;

supine | ˈs(j)uːpʌɪn | adjective

2 – failing to act or protest as a result of moral weakness or indolence: they remained supine in the face of terrible wrongdoing.

A damning and apt judgement on the conduct of our board with regards to Kennett's damaging clowning.

Yep. Which is why a deal should never have been done to get one of their and one of ours on the board. It has made change a lot harder, which was the point.

It’s going to be a challenging gig for the replacement to get everyone united for a year or two.

Yep. Which is why a deal should never have been done to get one of their and one of ours on the board. It has made change a lot harder, which was the point.

It will be interesting to see how long his influence lingers on the board. We have seen how Richmond turned the fortunes of their club around by bringing in highly competent management from varied backgrounds, and fostered a culture which has seemingly encouraged the many individual identities within the club.

I can't help but feel (and yes, it is just a feeling) that our club (despite the progress made since the arrival of Chance Bateman) has a pathological resistance to change. The growth of the women's team should help, but the way the board has responded to the racism furore thus far leaves me in doubt that we are necessarily headed in the right direction off-field. I hope I'm wrong.

Despite what anyone thinks Jeff has supporters on the board. The new Prez will have his or her hands full bringing it all together.
Sorry my joke was too subtle.

Wow is a line the actor Owen Wilson is famous for in pretty much all his movies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back