Opinion Jeff Kennett News, Media etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

I always hated the white jumpers - so good.

I loved the cherry ripe jumper - wanted to get one for Mrs CyrilSays

I suppose YMMD?

Jeff doing a good job, I reckon.

CS

Mate we had all kinds of Jumpers during Jeffs last stint - were we failing then?

White front, brown back, camo etc etc.

facts don't get in the way of a good Kennett rant, we know that

I know you hate Jeff but surely noone can disagree with this? Stuff the AFL and their Mickey Mouse drivel re "clash" jumpers.

Was their an issue when Collingwood played North and people watched on black and white tv's?

Lets hope he demands umpires go back to wearing white too. Another joke decision by the AFL.

I know you hate Jeff but surely noone can disagree with this? Stuff the AFL and their Mickey Mouse drivel re "clash" jumpers.

Was their an issue when Collingwood played North and people watched on black and white tv's?

Lets hope he demands umpires go back to wearing white too. Another joke decision by the AFL.

I actually agree.

President Jeff Kennett has penned the following letter to members...

What an exciting weekend we have all enjoyed. Our teams have carried our colours proudly and we were victorious with our AFL, VFL and VFLW teams.

All are destined to play in the finals this year. With one more round to play, victories by each team might see them climb their respective ladders. On the other hand, a loss would see us slip down that slippery ladder pole.

So, I appeal to all members to attend games next weekend in support of our warriors.

Clarkson's warriors will be playing against the Swans in Sydney on Saturday night. A wonderful opportunity for our NSW members to get along and blow their gaskets at a game that is vitally important for both teams.

Many I know will travel to Sydney for the game. Thank you for making the effort. Our boys and their coaches will be lifted by your attendance.

For those not making the trip, and sadly that includes me because of a commitment I have here in Melbourne, there is another opportunity for us to be part of what I believe will be an exciting day for the club.

A double header at our Box Hill home ground.

Our VFLW team will be playing at 11.30am and our VFL team immediately after at 2pm.

To add some extra spice to the day, both teams are playing Geelong.

I will be there for both games, so please let’s make Saturday the 25th August, Hawthorn Football Club day. I would love to see 10,000 of our members there in their brown and gold. Our VFLW team have never played in front of those numbers, and they are serving us so well this year, so let's back them next Saturday.

Entry is free for Hawthorn members, and we can all have a great day supporting two of our teams playing their last home and away game.

President

Jeff Kennett

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What an exciting weekend we have all enjoyed. Our teams have carried our colours proudly and we were victorious with our AFL, VFL and VFLW teams.

All are destined to play in the finals this year. With one more round to play, victories by each team might see them climb their respective ladders. On the other hand, a loss would see us slip down that slippery ladder pole.

So, I appeal to all members to attend games next weekend in support of our warriors.

Clarkson's warriors will be playing against the Swans in Sydney on Saturday night. A wonderful opportunity for our NSW members to get along and blow their gaskets at a game that is vitally important for both teams.

Many I know will travel to Sydney for the game. Thank you for making the effort. Our boys and their coaches will be lifted by your attendance.

For those not making the trip, and sadly that includes me because of a commitment I have here in Melbourne, there is another opportunity for us to be part of what I believe will be an exciting day for the club.

Our VFLW team will be playing at 11.30am and our VFL team immediately after at 2pm.

I will be there for both games, so please let’s make Saturday the 25th August, Hawthorn Football Club day. I would love to see 10,000 of our members there in their brown and gold. Our VFLW team have never played in front of those numbers, and they are serving us so well this year, so let's back them next Saturday.

Entry is free for Hawthorn members, and we can all have a great day supporting two of our teams playing their last home and away game.

President

Jeff Kennett

Good to see him spruiking for all levels of the club. Very keen to head along on Saturday.

President

Jeff Kennett

As far as I know, Jeff has been there for Box Hill and VFLW Hawks when senior commitments allowed. The VFLW Hawks midfield is pretty special

All good

View attachment 532792

the best 23

8c6f0ec36b1d848dd97bfed3be79d143

The best of the lot . . . . . . . . . ?

He saved our club

:hearts: you Don Scott
I've always found the fact that the only ruckman in that #23 photo is the shortest of the three interesting.

The fact that Scotty retired 30 years before that photo was taken probably has something to do with it!
You reckon he shrunk that much in that long?

Good news about getting rid of the clash jumpers :thumbsu:

I have a question though. Does Jeff still send these letters to members via email? I used to get them but the most recent ones I’ve only seen here or on social media. Still getting all the other crappy emails from the club (‘buy more merchandise please’ etc.) but not the Jeff ones :think:
Ditto

Remove this Banner Ad

Back