Opinion Jeff Kennett News, Media etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

You're not answering the question. Do you agree with relocating the 10 of 11 home games to Tasmania?

If not, do you agree with the President of the Hawthorn Football Club pursuing this at the Board? (Not asking about the media here)

he is not pursuing it with the board. I can tell you this as fact. As I said just keep calm. Jeff is Jeff and will always shoot from the mouth before the brain is engaged.

he is not pursuing it with the board. I can tell you this as fact. As I said just keep calm. Jeff is Jeff and will always shoot from the mouth before the brain is engaged.
He raised it at a Board meeting. Not in the media, at a Board meeting.

You still haven't answered the question though. Do you agree with his position to play 10 out of 11 home games in Tasmania?

LOL the amount of posters getting sucked in by Jeff. Everyone knows it's never going to happen.

He raised it at a Board meeting. Not in the media, at a Board meeting.

You still haven't answered the question though. Do you agree with his position to play 10 out of 11 home games in Tasmania?

100% no.

he is negotiating a position for our club and has to report back to the board on what is being proposed. End of Story.

If you didn’t report back to the board on what is being discussed/ offered you would not last 2 minutes as chairman or president of any club or business.

LOL the amount of posters getting sucked in by Jeff. Everyone knows it's never going to happen.
So Jeff's real game is to piss off the members of the Hawthorn footy club.....

One leaked message was that it was 8 tassie games and maybe a guarantee of 10 games at MCG - which incidentally was the original agreement between the dicker board and AFL when they left Waverley.

Where has Jeff been while this has been whittled down? Now apparently in order to guarantee the 10 MCG games hawthorn was promised in 2000, there now has to be 8 or 10 home games in Tasmania?

He really is all bluster and no substance. As far as I can see his only benefit is to insist on employing the best people possible. This is a common trait, you don’t need to have Jeff to get that

In his time, our position has slid considerbly.

And I still don’t see anyone list the times when Jeff’s ‘style’ of public negotiation has benefitted the HFC.

Surely instead of the original dicker guarantee of 10 games at the MCG we should now be looking at 16 or 17? Given the have the ‘master’ at the helm

So Jeff's real game is to piss off the members of the Hawthorn footy club.....

He shot his mouth off on radio. He is leading a board that is committed to trying to fund and find 100 million to have us train at a venue that would rival an EPL clubs training facility.

Sponsorships worth 5 mill are not found by any club. Potentially losing that income will hurt any clubs bottom line and he knows this.

He shot his mouth off on radio. He is leading a board that is committed to trying to fund and find 100 million to have us train at a venue that would rival an EPL clubs training facility.

Sponsorships worth 5 mill are not found by any club. Potentially losing that income will hurt any clubs bottom line and he knows this.

The core business is footy for crowds. The finances of MCG and marvel games for clubs are vastly improved even since the last tassie deal was signed never mind back in 2000.

Stop making us out to be paupers who are at risk without Jeff. If the dingley stuff is a risk, THIS board exposed us to it. Waverley is so bad we won 3 flags there?

One leaked message was that it was 8 tassie games and maybe a guarantee of 10 games at MCG - which incidentally was the original agreement between the dicker board and AFL when they left Waverley.

Where has Jeff been while this has been whittled down? Now apparently in order to guarantee the 10 MCG games hawthorn was promised in 2000, there now has to be 8 or 10 home games in Tasmania?

He really is all bluster and no substance. As far as I can see his only benefit is to insist on employing the best people possible. This is a common trait, you don’t need to have Jeff to get that

In his time, our position has slid considerbly.

And I still don’t see anyone list the times when Jeff’s ‘style’ of public negotiation has benefitted the HFC.

Surely instead of the original dicker guarantee of 10 games at the MCG we should now be looking at 16 or 17? Given the have the ‘master’ at the helm

HFC MCG home and away crowds between 2000 and 2009 was 38,000
HFC MCG home and away crowds between 2010 and 2019 was 48,000

We had ample opportunities over the last decade to negotiate an exit strategy and here we are in the heart of another rebuild negotiating from our weakest position since 2006.

A decade on from the infamous 2010 ‘offer we couldnt refuse’ I still don’t understand why Kennett torpedoed the deal to exit Tasmania for North

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No to look after the club and get the best deal from the AFL once we leave Tassie

If it’s never going to happen, why float the idea - for what purpose. Hawthorn do not hold the power here - Tasmania do.

this rubbish that if we play XX number of games in Tassie we get xxx number of games at the G. What a load of rubbish - as if any club or the AFL for that matter are going to agree to that kind of advantage for one club

and why does the AFL owe HFC anything just because one of its sponsors decides they no longer want to continue the arrangement.

From what I gather, the afl would rather see bombers at the G and the hawks at Marvel - how does Jeff stop that from happening

Jeff came back to find a new president - I wish he would just do that and then he can go back to pretending his still premier of Victoria

HFC MCG home and away crowds between 2000 and 2009 was 38,000
HFC MCG home and away crowds between 2010 and 2019 was 48,000

We had ample opportunities over the last decade to negotiate an exit strategy and here we are in the heart of another rebuild negotiating from our weakest position since 2006.

A decade on from the infamous 2010 ‘offer we couldnt refuse’ I still don’t understand why Kennett torpedoed the deal to exit Tasmania for North
Ego.

If it’s never going to happen, why float the idea - for what purpose. Hawthorn do not hold the power here - Tasmania do.

this rubbish that if we play XX number of games in Tassie we get xxx number of games at the G. What a load of rubbish - as if any club or the AFL for that matter are going to agree to that kind of advantage for one club

and why does the AFL owe HFC anything just because one of its sponsors decides they no longer want to continue the arrangement.

From what I gather, the afl would rather see bombers at the G and the hawks at Marvel - how does Jeff stop that from happening

Jeff came back to find a new president - I wish he would just do that and then he can go back to pretending his still premier of Victoria

The MCC might want more Essendon (Essendon are the 2nd biggest club in the MCC, Hawthorn is 5th) but the AFL would surely want more Essendon at Marvel given they now own the ground right?

Otherwise I agree 100 per cent

Hawthorn couldn’t move to Taz without a vote from the members. Put the vapours back in the bottle.
We didn’t vote on 4 games being played there, and our president is open to 10 games now.

The interesting part is that someone on the board talked to Caro about Kennett tabling the option of up to 10 games being played in Tasmania. Seems like it may not always be sunshine and lollipops among Kennett's handpicked directors now.

The interesting part is that someone on the board talked to Caro about Kennett tabling the option of up to 10 games being played in Tasmania. Seems like it may not always be sunshine and lollipops among Kennett's handpicked directors now.

Hopefully the whiteanting is happening behind the scenes also. We need a true Hawthorn person stewarding our club - not someone who dresses like one on TV.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back