Opinion Jeff Kennett News, Media etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

He’ll probably be true to form and announce something after the agm. While saying nothing at it

I’m thinking of arranging to ask if the membership can be consulted before any major change in arrangements

Or at least the board

AGM is scheduled for 11 December at 6.30pm

Jeff gotta let go of this TAS bullshit!!! Enough! We do NOT want to get smalller ffs! Jeff has been banging on about this for way too long imo. Who cares if north are tassie bound!?? Not me, we belong on the MCG with maybe a three game tie in with Tassie and that’ll do.

Honestly can’t believe people are taking an article written by a nobody on a nothing website as gospel. This is why so many billions are lost to obvious scams every year.

Wow.
Please tell me this is not the reason for the lack of clarity regarding progress at Dingley and the seeming delayed start to breaking ground there to create our permanent future home training base....
Give it a rest mate.
It’s an article written by who ?

It’s becoming clear why jeff came back

Rack off mate, the liberals need you more than we do

He’ll probably be true to form and announce something after the agm. While saying nothing at it

I’m thinking of arranging to ask if the membership can be consulted before any major change in arrangements

Or at least the board
Have yourself a melt over nothing.

Ffs , some of you put so much s**t on HS & the age but you take that article as fact. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jeff gotta let go of this TAS bullshit!!! Enough! We do NOT want to get smalller ffs! Jeff has been banging on about this for way too long imo. Who cares if north are tassie bound!?? Not me, we belong on the MCG with maybe a three game tie in with Tassie and that’ll do.

It's Jeff's job to bang on about TAS.
Especially if the AFL do want us out of Tasmania.
The display of commitment from Jeff is a great advertising tool for the club, expecally if it searches for a future tax dollar funded government tourism sponsorship.
It also sets us up for a greater compensation payout from the AFL. Similar to when Ian Dicker said we didn't want to let go of Waverley.

I wonder how many New Zealand dollars we would need to pay for Dingley?

Honestly can’t believe people are taking an article written by a nobody on a nothing website as gospel. This is why so many billions are lost to obvious scams every year.
Come on Ned, you surely aware that Sir Jeff has been very vocal about Tassie , to the point where I just wonder why all the fuss?

Come on Ned, you surely aware that Sir Jeff has been very vocal about Tassie , to the point where I just wonder why all the fuss?

Because the current deal aids our bottom line and we’re about to embark on a rather expensive project. I mean Jeff might be concerned about the bottom line of the club at a crucial juncture - but I guess that’s not as fun as spruiking conspiracy theories off the back of an article written by a ******* non-entity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because the current deal aids our bottom line and we’re about to embark on a rather expensive project. I mean Jeff might be concerned about the bottom line of the club at a crucial juncture - but I guess that’s not as fun as spruiking conspiracy theories off the back of an article written by a ******* non-entity.
Back in 2012-13 , wasn’t it reported that sir Jeff suggested we up and move to Tas??

Smells like 2010 again...

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...a/news-story/885354fba975308a14eb2f1f7c4a590b

“I was down in Launceston this week and everyone is super positive.

“They said the last thing they want is for us to go.

“With improved MCG and Marvel Stadium deals it might be that we are better off playing in Melbourne but we have been there for 18 years and we just won’t walk away.

“We are really proud of what we do there.”

If its not in our financial interest why are we there?

Put another way we played in Tassie for 18 years waiting for MCG and docklands deals to improve. Now they have

When Jeff came back in the role he was very blase about stuff, but he really got passionate when discussing Tassie. Very telling.

Pessimistic . Like wahawk said ....give it a rest you're harpin on about nothing. Sounds like Jeff has Headf#*ed you.

Last edited:
Smells like 2010 again...

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...a/news-story/885354fba975308a14eb2f1f7c4a590b

“I was down in Launceston this week and everyone is super positive.

“They said the last thing they want is for us to go.

“With improved MCG and Marvel Stadium deals it might be that we are better off playing in Melbourne but we have been there for 18 years and we just won’t walk away.

“We are really proud of what we do there.”

If its not in our financial interest why are we there?

Anyone able to "outline" this?

I’d say HAWTHORN FOOTBALL CLUB is what Jeff is most passionate about & he’s sees Tassie as a good financial asset of this great football club.

My impression is from Jeff’s first interview after becoming pres. I don’t see the point in denying that. I wonder about his objectivity over his pet project (even though it was actually Dicker who first established it)

Anyway, as always, I’m very happy if going forward I’m proven wrong

So the quote IS CEO Reeves not jeff Kennett.

Jeff is entirely right to tell them to put up or shut up about getting a stand-alone tassie team. I heard him say that to Tim lane once, very funny.

Tassie got lucky when the hawks came looking. They don’t get any more gifts. They have to work for it

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back