Opinion Jeff Kennett News, Media etc.

I get it. Only syrupy sycophant praise is allowed In any thread where jeff gets a mention.

I take it you aren’t disputing that the logos were covered up? Is it allowed to even say that?

Would you like the ‘not sure it ended well’ comment redacted? It seemed quite mild to me.

It sounds like you protest a little too much frankly.

FWIW I wouldn’t buy from either company. Audi too expensive, Nissan too s**t. iiNet. Pass. Tassie done that.

Pretty happy The contribute to the bottom line though

Because what’s the ******* point of bringing it up? I’m not a sycophant, if Jeff doesn’t stick to his word about a succession plan then I’ll come out against him. If the board members he brings in fail in their duties like the ones he is replacing did - I’ll call him out.

What I won’t do is jump at shadows and just conjure up nothing controversies so I can continue to perpetuate the Jeff boogie man.

We had a sponsor not continue with us. Of course from the moment that happens we would cover it up for any of the quite bloody logical reasons pointed out by myself and Gralin. That doesn’t aid your latest attempt to hatchet Jeff so I guess logic goes out the window.

I do enjoy that I get called a sycophant because I’d rather the guy running our club be judged on the basis of how he is running our club as opposed to ideological differences (some of which I share).

Clarko is re-signed, we have long term visions on the field, off the field and with Dingley. Our women’s team is now being taken seriously in the VFL, so the AFL have no right to dismiss us. The club is roughly at the same level of profitability despite a downturn in crowds this year. Audi was replaced in fairly prompt fashion. What exactly is driving people to jump at shadows so bloody constantly?

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
That doesn’t aid your latest attempt to hatchet Jeff so I guess logic goes out the window.

What exactly is driving people to jump at shadows so bloody constantly?

Really, I mean Really? In what universe was I hatchetting Jeff?

Re read what I put then what you put and tell me who’s ‘jumping at shadows’

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Maybe I'm giving Jeff too little credit but I don't think he had two fifths of **** all to do with either Audi leaving or Nissan arriving as a sponsor.

I do wonder why after we announce a new sponsor you come into this particular thread musing about why an ex sponsors logos were removed after they became an ex sponsor.

While we were without a replacement for Audi the usual suspects were arguing it was all Jeff's fault or that anyone who thought it was Jeff's fault was an idiot, so maybe it makes sense to continue arguing over this sort of stuff, but it's not news and it's not related to Kennett as far as I can tell, other than it's club news.

The Jeff can do no wrong crew is about as boring as the Jeff can do no right crew. Truth as always is somewhere in between.

Gralin I pretty much agree with you but how did you read so much into my comment? There’s probably any number of reasons. It wasn’t a long anti jeff diatribe in fact I’m not sure it was a jeff thing at all. I certainly didn’t say that. It’s pretty obvious others read that into my two liner.
Then I get accused of jumping at shadows. By the other dude

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
However. we can't be complacent about any of this.. not for a second... not even if the dude Jase the Dunstall wanted it...

Just threw that in there just to get a rise ... not sure if it willl... shucks... turning on and off all night... it gets me weary...

Gralin I pretty much agree with you but how did you read so much into my comment? There’s probably any number of reasons. It wasn’t a long anti jeff diatribe in fact I’m not sure it was a jeff thing at all. I certainly didn’t say that. It’s pretty obvious others read that into my two liner.
Then I get accused of jumping at shadows. By the other dude
you posted in the Jeff thread questioning why something happened at the club
you have a history of criticizing Jeff
your comments didn't make much sense in general to me and others

if your post was not Jeff related you shouldn't have posted it this thread if you didn't want people to think was another Jeff related criticism from you based on your past posting history

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn

if your post was not Jeff related you shouldn't have posted it this thread if you didn't want people to think was another Jeff related criticism from you based on your past posting history
you two should take this out on the street or else out on the pillow you are rocking for the time being.. can't deal with it..

get on board or get off the boat... don't want to deal with this...

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks

The sponsorship was being discussed?

Other than that (if you want to drag it up) my commentary about jeff is three things

- when jeff returned, it was implied things were ‘really bad’ and emergency type action was needed (I mused what was really that bad, as things seemed pretty much OK to me. I wondered if there was some dark catastrophe we weren’t being told about ( and don’t try to tell me the club is 100% honest with members 100% of the time. They have been noririously bad at times

- I noted that when he did his first interview, he seemed like laughing joking Jeff, but got really passionate about Tassie. Now tassie is great but the tails shouldn’t wag the dog.

- I also noted that for all the bluster about AFL, other clubs etc etc, NOT ONE of the issues seems to get resolved in the clubs interest. I invited others to give me examples. None were forthcoming, just playing the man ‘you have a history of criticising jeff’ what does that mean exactly?

I had no intention of putting those things, but it’s a summary of my contribution to this thread. Tell me where I am wrong. Go on tell me.

Back to the patches. My comment. ‘The logos were covered over.’ Indisputable fact. ‘Not sure it ended well’ innocuous comment. I did not say bloody Jeff in fact I didn’t even think it was a jeff thing. I lasted said ‘maybe they are using up old stock’ how is that about jeff? Is he the property steward?

I really really think it is you an the other guy who are jumping at shadows

flinchfree

Premiership Player
Jan 30, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Flinch, I was most likely wrong on a post I made today so I have zero highground here. And I do know your concerns with Jeff, while I disagree with the extent of them, are borne out of a love for the club so I’m not here to score points. That said, are you starting to come around that we might be in a slightly better place now than at the end of last season?

Yes.

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The sponsorship was being discussed?

Other than that (if you want to drag it up) my commentary about jeff is three things

- when jeff returned, it was implied things were ‘really bad’ and emergency type action was needed (I mused what was really that bad, as things seemed pretty much OK to me. I wondered if there was some dark catastrophe we weren’t being told about ( and don’t try to tell me the club is 100% honest with members 100% of the time. They have been noririously bad at times

- I noted that when he did his first interview, he seemed like laughing joking Jeff, but got really passionate about Tassie. Now tassie is great but the tails shouldn’t wag the dog.

- I also noted that for all the bluster about AFL, other clubs etc etc, NOT ONE of the issues seems to get resolved in the clubs interest. I invited others to give me examples. None were forthcoming, just playing the man ‘you have a history of criticising jeff’ what does that mean exactly?

I had no intention of putting those things, but it’s a summary of my contribution to this thread. Tell me where I am wrong. Go on tell me.

Back to the patches. My comment. ‘The logos were covered over.’ Indisputable fact. ‘Not sure it ended well’ innocuous comment. I did not say bloody Jeff in fact I didn’t even think it was a jeff thing. I lasted said ‘maybe they are using up old stock’ how is that about jeff? Is he the property steward?

I really really think it is you an the other guy who are jumping at shadows
it shouldn't be about Jeff.. it is just a short changing effort of one sponsor being taken over by another...

even I was shocked but I know that it is better to just be quick and move on... move on people...

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
So the quote IS CEO Reeves not jeff Kennett.

Jeff is entirely right to tell them to put up or shut up about getting a stand-alone tassie team. I heard him say that to Tim lane once, very funny.

Tassie got lucky when the hawks came looking. They don’t get any more gifts. They have to work for it

Another example of me hatchetting jeff, guys? You see what you want to see

Milkshaker

Cancelled
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
surely Reeves is not a puppet.. we don't need boys who need stars who need pointing to the lifts and then back again...
tumblr_nagpw8YYHb1r5w6kpo1_400.gif

essaynode

Senior List
Aug 24, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Cochrane having a go at Jeff in an email - I'm not surprised. I wonder which president or personal assistant leaked it...

Have a read. Two other presidents replied. Everyone else including Jeff looks like they stayed silent.

https://outline.com/jmuGJS

Bumps"N"Grins

Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sell the team Dolan
Slow news day methinks, has taken over a month to come out.

Can only imagine what the hawks could do with $500 million to toss at Dingley

Meydan Dubai for inspiration.

falcon-park-at-sunset.jpg

That would just be the carpark.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Cochrane having a go at Jeff in an email - I'm not surprised. I wonder which president or personal assistant leaked it...

Have a read. Two other presidents replied. Everyone else including Jeff looks like they stayed silent.

It’s all a bit pathetic, don’t we otherwise have great relationships with some of these clubs (eg bulldogs 2016)?

Dear ‘All the other Presidents’,

English more, or get your assistants to proof your emails.

Regards,

Readers of emails

essaynode

Senior List
Aug 24, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Because what’s the ******* point of bringing it up? I’m not a sycophant, if Jeff doesn’t stick to his word about a succession plan then I’ll come out against him. If the board members he brings in fail in their duties like the ones he is replacing did - I’ll call him out.

What I won’t do is jump at shadows and just conjure up nothing controversies so I can continue to perpetuate the Jeff boogie man.

We had a sponsor not continue with us. Of course from the moment that happens we would cover it up for any of the quite bloody logical reasons pointed out by myself and Gralin. That doesn’t aid your latest attempt to hatchet Jeff so I guess logic goes out the window.

I do enjoy that I get called a sycophant because I’d rather the guy running our club be judged on the basis of how he is running our club as opposed to ideological differences (some of which I share).

Clarko is re-signed, we have long term visions on the field, off the field and with Dingley. Our women’s team is now being taken seriously in the VFL, so the AFL have no right to dismiss us. The club is roughly at the same level of profitability despite a downturn in crowds this year. Audi was replaced in fairly prompt fashion. What exactly is driving people to jump at shadows so bloody constantly?

Did anyone else notice that they've blurred the Audi logo from the insider video about the VFL premiership? Does anyone know if this is just out of respect to the new sponsor Nissan, or is there something more to the non-renewal of the contract with a bit of animosity?

1546339414918.png

Did anyone else notice that they've blurred the Audi logo from the insider video about the VFL premiership? Does anyone know if this is just out of respect to the new sponsor Nissan, or is there something more to the non-renewal of the contract with a bit of animosity?

View attachment 600497
It’s clearly due to the change of sponsorship. Happens all the time. Nothing sinister at all.

View attachment 600497
common for sports clubs to do when changing sponsors

nothing in it

Pessimistic

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2000
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks

View attachment 600497

Careful, sacred cows

Back