Opinion Jeff Kennett News, Media etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just about to send what I thought would be your answer
Then Gos says they’ve taken a cut. Up to 50%
Completely unrelated to Jeff, interesting how roughly 80% of the league has been stood down without pay and executives at AFL house are taking "at least a 20%" pay cut and club executives at some clubs are taking 40%

I've seen other companies boards take zero salary already.

Admittedly seen others keep it all.

Are you saying Kennett is to blame for the financial situation due to the Coronavirus?
I am not to blame.

The pink batts are to blame.

The leftie extremists started it by holding placards and saying some very strongly-worded things about business interests.

No wait. It’s the LOUD AUSTRALIANS who are to blame.

I just read the latest newsletter from Jeff.
I have to say it gives me confidence that our club is in good hands and that we are well-positioned to come out of this period OK.

Let’s hope Jeff stays on for another year to see us through this
I agree with you, hopefully Jeff will consider staying on and lead the club through these difficult times maybe the Board might be considering this. :thumbsu:

I can't remember, what was/ were Jeff's argument for having term limits?

Was it that people burnt out after a setset period of time, or just that they became complacent and stale.

I can understand the burn out, but if anyone was feeling a little stale, and was looking for a new challenge ... c'mon Jeff, now is not the time to bail. There be none more challenging times than what were facing.

I would hope we're doing everything possible to maintain stability at a time like this.

I can't remember, what was/ were Jeff's argument for having term limits?

Was it that people burnt out after a setset period of time, or just that they became complacent and stale.

I can understand the burn out, but if anyone was feeling a little stale, and was looking for a new challenge ... c'mon Jeff, now is not the time to bail. There be none more challenging times than what were facing.

I would hope we're doing everything possible to maintain stability at a time like this.
Stability is great during a crisis as long as you've got the right people running the show.

The position the club was in before this started is super important to how well we get through this.

Doesn't matter how good North's team is now considering their financials going into this season.

Stability is great during a crisis as long as you've got the right people running the show.

The position the club was in before this started is super important to how well we get through this.

Doesn't matter how good North's team is now considering their financials going into this season.
But our position is stable. Were in great shape pretty much all round, so I would hope we just maintain the Status quo.

Any change at the top is going to create some disruption. I can't think of any other word to describe it other than it would be Trumpian.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But our position is stable. Were in great shape pretty much all round, so I would hope we just maintain the Status quo.

Any change at the top is going to create some disruption. I can't think of any other word to describe it other than it would be Trumpian.
What would be Trumpian?

What does that mean?

What would be Trumpian?
To go changing for the sake of change. Something akin to shooting yourself in the foot, which we clearly dont need at the moment.

Trumpian, in that only something the Lord of the Idiots would contemplate. Turn over your staff for whatever reason, creating disruption to the detriment of your organisation.

Trump, bound by fixed term lengths is at a massive disadvantage against all of his international adversaries, who by virtue of making themselves leaders for life, can simply outwait him. Without our fixed term lengths, Jeff could stay in the job as long as he was able, and get the job done. If at any stage were not happy with his performance, we can vote him out.
To Quote The Life of Brian "He's just making it up"
Yes.

Justin Reeves' messages to members are first class. He comes across as a genuine person, good values, humble and a statesman - that is what we need.

I read recently that the Tassie government are putting their sponsorship with us on hold due to Covid 19. Given the future economic landscape I wonder if this may spell the end of the relationship for future seasons?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back