Opinion Jeff Kennett News, Media etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve sent it to Don and Sam on the YCBS podcast

Will be interesting to see if it gets a run
Their 85 listeners aren’t going to give a s**t. 😂

The biggest worry is it seems Jeff has some emotional not hard headed attachment to tassie. It s his baby (even though dicker/Hudson established it)

He shouldn’t be doing the negotiation. We already know once he unilaterally knocked back very lucrative compo to leave tassie. So it may not have been the best decision but we don’t know as he admitted he didn’t refer the offer to the rest of the club.

We need an independent review into this

The biggest worry is it seems Jeff has some emotional not hard headed attachment to tassie. It s his baby (even though dicker/Hudson established it)

He shouldn’t be doing the negotiation. We already know once he unilaterally knocked back very lucrative compo to leave tassie. So it may not have been the best decision but we don’t know as he admitted he didn’t refer the offer to the rest of the club.

We need an independent review into this

Pre Kennett we were told that the Green Bay Packers was the model for the club (splitting games between Green Bay and Milwaukee)

The kicker in that example is that the Packers actually moved back to Green Bay full time (after splitting games for 30 years) when they got a better stadium

I know he’s not in the best health but I’d like to hear from Ian Dicker or even Martin Jolly about this (the VP at the time we mover games to Tasmania)

Evidently I’m still waiting for my reply from Jeff

Last edited:
Is it not fairly common knowledge a successor to Jeff was lined up but fell into a situation re covid etc with his business affairs? Im all for a president trying to get the best deal and dont at all see the comparison to the way the merger talks came about

....because we are so much better protected from current and future pandemics

I’m sure Dan Andrews would still f*** up even if Jeff didn’t relocate that hospital.
And if Labor thought it was so necessary they could’ve reopened it. They’re good at reversing decisions no matter the cost.

The initial bluster is not so worrying as some of the reported email replies. Indicates a lack of respect for members

A sort of ‘I’m the negotiator I’ll tell you when I’m done’

What you look at Jeff’s career negotiating, it’s not so flash. Entertaining of social media, if you’re into that

I’m sure Dan Andrews would still f*** up even if Jeff didn’t relocate that hospital.
And if Labor thought it was so necessary they could’ve reopened it. They’re good at reversing decisions no matter the cost.

I actually wasn’t blaming Jeff directly, there had been moves to do something over many years before. My comment is as a society we were too clever by half thinking pandemics were a thing of the past

There's some gullible people on here who are ranting on about Jeff especially the haters , it's never going to happen Hawthorn will always remain in Victoria. Jeff's only playing politics ;)

North Melbourne and their CEO Ben Amarfio firing shots at us now too, just put out a statement confirming they will never consider relocating, whilst also having a dig at us and Jeff for entertaining relocation. Fair play to Amarfio for backing his club, Jeff has left us wide open to embarassment and ridicule here, I think the club or board now need to reaffirm to members our existence in Melbourne to quell this asap.

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

North Melbourne and their CEO Ben Amarfio firing shots at us now too, just put out a statement confirming they will never consider relocating, whilst also having a dig at us and Jeff for entertaining relocation. Fair play to Amarfio for backing his club, Jeff has left us wide open to embarassment and ridicule here, I think the club or board now need to reaffirm to members our existence in Melbourne to quell this asap.

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We’re getting out flanked by North. Amazing.

Do we even have a CEO? Our last decent one was poached by the MCC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's some gullible people on here who are ranting on about Jeff especially the haters , it's never going to happen Hawthorn will always remain in Victoria. Jeff's only playing politics ;)

Im interested to know what you think the purpose of his comments are - what is it exactly that his playing at.

Im interested to know what you think the purpose of his comments are - what is it exactly that his playing at.
According to Kennett’s fans, he always means the complete opposite of the stupid things that he says in public. He’s that clever that whenever he says stupid things (a lot), it is actually just part of a well orchestrated plan.

Seriously all the replies like this are code for ‘Jeff is on my side of politics so I’m going to have a wank to everything he says because I’m a hyper-partisan flog who thinks everything my side does is unquestionable genius’.

If you’ll look at my record on posting regarding Kennett I’ve never been a ‘hater’ and have been on his side in many past discussions.

The question I posed before which none of the Jeff defenders answered - if these comments are just such a genius political bluff, do you really think if some bigfooty posters know this that Gutewin doesn’t? So if this is an easily transparent bluff - why the * do you say it? It gains nothing and just agitates your core membership base.

Last edited:
Seriously - have to get someone to challenge him at the forthcoming AGM now. Piss millions of dollars into Dingley and then just relocate to Tassie - good one Jeff :drunk:
Exactlly, anyone who is taking this seriously needs their head read.

I will sacrifice my first born if The hawk move to Tassie. It won't happen, ever.

Talk about an over reaction.

JK has been playing the media game longer than some of us have been alive.

When you read his comments in full and in context it’s obvious what he’s trying to achieve.

We can debate his methods but there’s no doubting where JK’s heart is. He’ll be a Melbourne and Hawks man until the day he dies. Everything he does has Hawthorns best interests at heart. In this current climate I’m happy for him to scrap for every dollar he can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We live in the age of the perpetually offended. Good luck getting people to see it for what it is. People would rather weep and wail.

We live in the age of the perpetually offended. Good luck getting people to see it for what it is. People would rather weep and wail.
I see it as the president of the HFC stating publicly that Hawthorn is open to relocation.

Can you name another AFL president who has ever done that?

I see it as the president of the HFC stating publicly that Hawthorn is open to relocation.

Can you name another AFL president who has ever done that?
I get why people are shitty, absolutely. I am aware of some funding stuff going on at Federal and State level. I am waiting to find out more. Jeff has always been a vocal supporter of the Tasmanian arrangement. People need to relax. If what I am hearing is true we will be ok. Jeffs vocal support of Tassie will help.

I'm Taswegian and will help vote Jeff out if there was any truth or reality attached to his comments. There just is not.

Eldo just closed a poll that was running at 100 percent of Hawks fans against a move. Unsurprisingly.

What is evident that some people just want Jeffs head on a platter.

Edit: I cant wait for some games to start.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back