Opinion Jeff Kennett News, Media etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

He's not very likeable and doesn't get things done in an entirely nice way. He has got a lot of things done.

Can someone please explain all the mistakes Kennett has made, please, and why he should be shipped off asap.

Please explain. (Pauline Hanson voice)

I still can’t see how his belligerent style with the AFL has got results, and despit raising this in bigfooty, no one has been able to cite even one example

while he wasn’t president, hawks did a threepeat, so ‘getting things done’ isn’t something only Jeff can do

I still can’t see how his belligerent style with the AFL has got results, and despit raising this in bigfooty, no one has been able to cite even one example

while he wasn’t president, hawks did a threepeat, so ‘getting things done’ isn’t something only Jeff can do
He certainly loved the credit for Ian Dickers work, so I'm not giving him any credit at all for any flag, can't think of what he's done that would deserve any. All he's done is break his own rules and been a thorn in the side of Clarkson, as far as I'm concerned.

He's not very likeable and doesn't get things done in an entirely nice way. He has got a lot of things done.

Can someone please explain all the mistakes Kennett has made, please, and why he should be shipped off asap.

Suggested the club should relocate to Launceston and said we were the 'Tassie' Hawks. Say what you will about whether this was some master tactician move to keep our deal down there, pissing over the heritage of the club and flippantly suggesting we could relocate isn't exactly a great way to treat the supporters and members of a club that fought off a merger attempt.

Continually attacks the state government vocally over multiple issues on political grounds that have zero to do with our club. Often doing so while wearing our colours or sitting in front of Hawthorn paraphernalia while being announced as the Hawthorn president. As it stands we have assurances of funding from both federal and local government but no commitment from the state government. While the state government has denied this is a political thing, do you really think it is wise to be one of the loudest voices decrying the present government when it is crucial that the club secure funding from them? It's fine for Jeff to voice his views - but when he is barely separating himself from the club while doing it I certainly wouldn't be motivated to rubber stamp millions of dollars for us if I was the state treasurer right now.

Has no plans for corporate sponsorship beyond Tasmania. If Tassie get their own team (which is a possibility now) we will be financially exposed and rather than find alternatives there is nothing but a band-aid solution of a 1 year extension of the present Tasmania deal.

Arguably our greatest ever coach was replaced this year in an absolutely shambolic manner that made us look utterly incompetent and media fodder for weeks. We now have to pay close to $1M to let Clarko eat chips in his PJs for a year while most clubs are financially strapped for cash.

Launched a plan to win an additional 2 premierships by 2022 - this has failed miserably.

Has constantly stated he would find a successor quickly and move on. Has already secured another term as president instead with still no word on a succesor.

Membership numbers have slowly increased, but despite covid multiple other clubs have increased their member bases in significant numbers with both Carlton and Essendon going past us for total members. Geelong are within striking distance of surpassing us also. Membership growth is drying up and could decrease if we lost Tasmanian games in the future. Where is the plan to grow this base?

Has stated that there would be investigations into replacing gaming revenue - so far nothing has been announced.

Since 2016 when he resumed the role our performances have mostly gone backwards on the field.

The Dingley project, which Kennett had nothing to do with establishing, has continually stalled while Kennett was president. Covid has played its part in this, yes, but it was originally slated to be ready by the end of 2022. This is now not remotely feasible.

Other than remianing profitable during covid I honestly can't see a list of accomplishments there outside of the appointment of Reeves as CEO. The club is stagnating in many areas and Jeff is absolutely the focal point of our corporate strategy so he can wear the blame as far as I am concerned.

Let’s keep the Dingley project out if it.

No matter who was our President is/was it would be the biggest mistake the club could have made to proceed with that during COVID

The project stagnated long before covid. He’s been President basically since it was announced and we are nowhere close to it being off the ground. And you can’t just keep Dingley ‘out of it’ when arguing Kennett’s successes or failures - it’s the largest off-field project the club has embarked on and the lack of headway is absolutely something the club president should be judged on.

Even if you ignore all the s**t he has started via his Twitter account and the mud slinging at the state government, he should’ve stood down when the Clarkson removal got completely away from him and cost us $900k.

Problem is, who takes over? That was what he was charged with doing on his return, finding a successor. We’ve got no one even looking like they are capable of taking the reigns.

The project stagnated long before covid. He’s been President basically since it was announced and we are nowhere close to it being off the ground. And you can’t just keep Dingley ‘out of it’ when arguing Kennett’s successes or failures - it’s the largest off-field project the club has embarked on and the lack of headway is absolutely something the club president should be judged on.
You have your opinion, I have mine.

Plans for Dingley still weren’t finalised in November 2019.
That’s not Kennett fault.

COVID hit the world a couple of months later.

Love him, hate him or used to like him

Dingley being put on the backburner is not Kennetts fault

If he / the club proceeded with Dingley during COVID , you & every other member/supporter would bag the absolute fcuk out of him, so would I

You have your opinion, I have mine.

Plans for Dingley still weren’t finalised in November 2019.

COVID hit the world a couple of months later.

Love him, hate him or used to like him

Dingley being put on the backburner is not Kennetts fault

If he / the club proceeded with Dingley during COVID , you & every other member/supporter would bag the absolute fcuk out of him, so would I

So the complete lack of any progress towards a build from 2017-2019 when he was President isn’t his fault? The lack of any state government funding isn’t his fault? The scheduled completion was meant to be the end of this year - even if covid hadn’t happened this timeline wouldn’t have been met. He’s the one calling the shots, he’s the one that appointed the majority of the board who in turn appointed the CEO. He’s the one that tasked particular board members to assist in funding Dingley which has so far not yielded sufficient funds to get shovels in the ground.

The project is well behind schedule, even pre-covid, and Kennett has been President the entire time. He’s also been unable to secure state funding while continually picking fights with the state government while wearing Hawthorn colours. If he doesn’t want the buck to stop with him on this then he can feel free to stand down.

Are you serious Ned ?
Do you understand the logistics of building something of this size project ?

Do you understand how long it takes to get the design right for a $400,000 house, let alone a massive sporting facility ?

Do you understand dealing with Planning Authorities ?
Do you understand dealing with Building Authorities ?

All of this has to be dealt with before you can even put the project out to tender.

How do you get several builders/developers to tender a project when you don’t have a complete set of working drawings ? Let alone the appropriate approvals.

The schedule completion time was never ever going to be met, no matter who was running the show

This is a once in a lifetime project for the club & it needs to be done right the 1st time.
Not rushed to appease the impatient supporters

This is THE ONE THING we can not blame Kennett for.
The rest…….well, go for it. I’d agree

Are you serious Ned ?
Do you understand the logistics of building something of this size project ?

Do you understand how long it takes to get the design right for a $400,000 house, let alone a massive sporting facility ?

Do you understand dealing with Planning Authorities ?
Do you understand dealing with Building Authorities ?

All of this has to be dealt with before you can even put the project out to tender.

How do you get several builders/developers to tender a project when you don’t have a complete set of working drawings ? Let alone the appropriate approvals.

The schedule completion time was never ever going to be met, no matter who was running the show

This is a once in a lifetime project for the club & it needs to be done right the 1st time.
Not rushed to appease the impatient supporters

This is THE ONE THING we can not blame Kennett for.
The rest…….well, go for it. I’d agree

I’m not saying it isn’t a huge undertaking. I’m saying it’s behind schedule and would be behind schedule even if covid had happened. It’s not even fully funded yet and we are yet to secure state government funding, funding which is contingent on securing the local government funding also.

Fremantle announced their new facility in late 2012 and it was completed early 2017 at a cost of $109M, so not too far off our projected spend on the KCC. The project is absolutey lagging and Kennett absolutely has to answer to that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not saying it isn’t a huge undertaking. I’m saying it’s behind schedule and would be behind schedule even if covid had happened. It’s not even fully funded yet and we are yet to secure state government funding, funding which is contingent on securing the local government funding also.

Fremantle announced their new facility in late 2012 and it was completed early 2017 at a cost of $109M, so not too far off our projected spend on the KCC. The project is absolutey lagging and Kennett absolutely has to answer to that.
Ok

Even if you ignore all the sh*t he has started via his Twitter account and the mud slinging at the state government, he should’ve stood down when the Clarkson removal got completely away from him and cost us $900k.

Problem is, who takes over? That was what he was charged with doing on his return, finding a successor. We’ve got no one even looking like they are capable of taking the reigns.

Clarkson was under contract and the board elected to end his contract early.
Its no different from what Carlton did other than the payout is more.

You can pin lots on him but not that one.

Clarkson was under contract and the board elected to end his contract early.
Its no different from what Carlton did other than the payout is more.

You can pin lots on him but not that one.

But that’s not what happened. It was a ham fisted coaching handover with Clarko departing in 2022 originally that we were assured would work that clamatously imploded in a matter of weeks. It was a mess of a situation and Jeff’s fingerprints were all over it.

Ah yes, how could we forget the Brian Cook understudy that Geelong were happy to offload

How’s Humphrey B Bear going against his ‘determined to be different’ KPI’s

What are you talking about, you didn’t see us win our second flag in the last 5 years yesterday? 5 year plan is going swimmingly!

Ah yes, how could we forget the Brian Cook understudy that Geelong were happy to offload

How’s Humphrey B Bear going against his ‘determined to be different’ KPI’s

Is it actually possible this was a Pussies plant all along, seeding us from within the devil spawn of old Corio way, and Reeves masterfully splitting the coach and others within the Club to cause us this period of failing??? :winkv1:
We need fresh air from within I think, would be happy to see a ticket that replaced both Jeff and Reeves at the election.

Weren’t the Cats a bit miffed at the time we poached Reeves as it pushed back their transition plan of Cook moving on? I’m happy to give Reeves his next 5 years, just hope it’s under a different president.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back