Scandal Jeff Kennett takes on Seven CEO's mistress on Twitter

Remove this Banner Ad

Employer caused the mental health issues, but the the dismissal for theft still stands? If she's deserving of $200k then surely she'd be a good thing to challenge the dismissal. Sounds not very plausible and is surely just hush money.

Yeah, hoping it goes away before a shareholder realises that he was using company money to fly his bit on the side around for non work related fun and demand his head. I mean, it can't just be me that thinks the hypocrisy of her being sacked for theft when he did what he did is astonishing. If Jeff was wise, he'd shut his mouth, the longer it gets airplay, the more his mates a-hole twitches

http://www.afr.com/brand/rear-windo...ne-wilson-afl-pincer-movement-20170213-guc3sj

At first, it started out as being a problem Seven CEO Tim Worner had with one single woman, in the shape of Amber Harrison.

But now, thanks to the not-inconsiderable combination of The Age's chief football writer Caroline Wilson and AFL CEO Gil McLachlan, Tim Worner's problem with Amber Harrison has become a problem with many more women.

How? We hear you ask. Well it goes something like this.

For the past month or so, McLachlan has been privately supportive of Worner – who as well as running the TV arm of Kerry Stokes' Seven West Media, sits on the board of the Sydney Swans, chaired by businessman Andrew Pridham. McLachlan and Worner also own racehorses together (and no, that is not a euphemism).

The Age

"[Pridham] has been in regular touch with Worner and is expected to meet him in the coming days to discuss the situation. When the conversation turns to the highly sensitive issue of Worner's board position, the discussion will surely result in Worner's resignation," writes Wilson. "Not to take a stand would send a poor message to AFL players, coaches and officials, not to mention the hundreds of new women who have joined the industry this year via the new national women's league."

It's opened a new front on the drama for Worner – a drama whose clusterf@ckedness has already scaled new heights.

Read more: http://www.afr.com/brand/rear-windo...pincer-movement-20170213-guc3sj#ixzz4YfkFGr2A
Follow us: @FinancialReview on Twitter | financialreview on Facebook

Probably bi-lateral hush money, so maybe Kennett not being able to keep his hypocritical gob shut has negated her requirement to hush.

Kennett has always been a big proponent of shredding and burying incriminating documents or gagging people with injunction orders.

Accusing her of $14k theft and paying out $200k is Seven's way of ensuring she never gets a job again while acknowledging they are in the wrong.

Evil stuff really, especially when the CEO is railing employees and coke with no punishment whatsoever.

Found this on another forum earlier, it gives you a good idea about the executive culture at Seven. Fair dinkum, how these blokes rise to the top is beyond me.

d52a2f3ca4995ca69e6e3252c9dd7c8f.jpg

Jeff Kennett engages ex-Seven West Media employee on Twitter over leaked documents

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-...arrison-seven-west-media-twitter-feud/8267008

An extraordinary war of 140 characters has erupted on Twitter between former Seven West Media employee Amber Harrison and board member Jeff Kennett.

Twitter removes Amber Harrison tweets as legal battle with Seven escalates

http://www.smh.com.au/business/medi...tle-with-seven-escalates-20170214-guccxs.html

Twitter has removed a series of posts by the former lover of Seven West Media boss Tim Worner after she flouted a court order preventing her revealing embarrassing details about the affair.

Tim Worner scandal: Kerry Stokes defends CEO over Amber Harrison love affair in fiery clash

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/bu...h/news-story/ca586f346d303ff914e4998afb44d98a

SEVEN West Media chairman Kerry Stokes used his first public comments on Tim Worner’s affair with former employee Amber Harrison to attack her for claiming $262,000 of the company’s money on expenses.

Mr Stokes yesterday backed his chief executive for doing an “outstanding” job and said the company’s actions showed it had a robust audit process to call to account “dishonest people who work for us”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And why is this on the main board and not say the general discussion forum? I don't get the link to football.
Jeff Kennett......long bow I know......

I do like Caro when she lines up the old boys club and calls out how hypocritical they are.
Female embezzlers not so much?
Has she written anything about them?
It's a an old girls club....seriously:eek::rolleyes::drunk:

Very aggressive behaviour from the Chairman of Beyond Blue publicly attacking a woman who is known to have been on stress and anxiety leave from Seven West (a company where Kennett sits on the board).

As it stands Seven West have sacked Amber Harrison for "theft", paid her out $200,000 to go away and cleared CEO Tim Worner of any wrong doing when he was clearly engaging in an affair with an employee and doing coke on company time.

Seven West are now trying to bury Harrison by blocking her tweets regarding the matter.

Caro writes today that Worner is also a Sydney Swans board member, a position that is surely untenable given the cocaine allegations.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...m-the-sydney-swans-board-20170213-gubxia.html

cans omeone explain this too me? it looks more like the lady in question is potting and baiting kennett, not the other way around!!! he seems to be playing the straight bat to it and isnt rude at all

I do like Caro when she lines up the old boys club and calls out how hypocritical they are.

Absolutely.

I'd find it hilarious if Gil McLachlan is also good mates with Worner, considering the act he puts on for the AFLW and other social issues. Deserves to be outed and potted for such hypocrisy if true.

cans omeone explain this too me? it looks more like the lady in question is potting and baiting kennett, not the other way around!!! he seems to be playing the straight bat to it and isnt rude at all
That's how it read to me too, but I don't really care to know what this is all about.

Seems like a bunch of crap about nothing.

Channel 7 has shown that anything to do with being a responsible employer is just BS.

The CEO uses company funds to root around and used his position of power over a junior member of staff and nothing to see here.

This clown is on the Swans board and the AFL say nothing. Maybe he can be the face of womens round for the AFL.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/medi...oy-seven-boss-tim-worner-20170220-gugwb7.html
I have little doubt channel 7 and Worner are campaigners. Reading this though..
The former lover of Seven West Media chief Tim Worner said she wanted to "destroy" him and promised to unleash a "reign of terror", emails tendered in court reveal.

In an email to colleagues, read in court on Tuesday, Ms Harrison promised to wage a campaign aimed at "finishing" and "destroying" their "idiot boss".

"He knows I am now out to get him," Ms Harrison said in the 2014 email.

"This is now war."

In another email, Ms Harrison said she had "zero apart from a thousand texts from someone I'm about to blow the head off".

"He really shouldn't have ignored me. Big mistake. Huge," Ms Harrison said.

A former executive assistant to Seven's Pacific Magazines boss Nick Chan, Ms Harrison wrote that she had launched a "reign of terror" after her two-year affair with Mr Worner came to an end in 2014.
Worner may be a complete and utter campaigner but I have to wonder if he stumbled into an abusive relationship while thinking with his dick.

Imagine Gail Kelly while CEO of Westpac has a consenting affair with a younger male staff member. After the affair comes to an end the man threatens to launch a reign of terror on her, claims he wants to finish and destroy her and makes the following comments:

"She knows I am now out to get her. This is now war."

And.

"She really shouldn't have ignored me. Big mistake. Huge,".

What would the reaction be?

Harrison comes across as a dangerous psychopath.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back