Votes: 9 7.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Today's news on Jarrad Hayne's case in the US, part answers the questions in my last post here on Epstein

Authorities did not have sufficient evidence to lay criminal charges over the alleged incident, prompting JV to file a civil suit in December 2017, claiming damages resulting from sexual battery.

Big_Birdy

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast

I hope it's not legal in either Australia or anywhere in the US, to avoid going to jail for any kind of assault, rape, or child abuse, by just paying the victim a sum of money in a way that directly or indirectly causes the victim to not pursue the matter further, or provide evidence to the courts, to help minimise the risk of the offender repeating the offence and just paying victims off if/when they get caught.

Also, are civil courts able to approve these kinds of settlements, and not persue the matter further, if they consider that there is either
(a) likely not enough evidence to secure a prosecution
(b) the victim says that they don't want to go through with giving evidence
(c) the courts think that there is little chance of the offender re-offending
(d) the offender, makes claims that they were mentally ill at the time, or were brainwashed to participate in the crime by another individual
(e) the criminal courts have already provided immunity to, or dropped charges against the accused, in some form of a legal agreement related to a different or intertwined court case, without having tested the guilt of the accused.

I'd have thought it would be better if victims get forced to provide evidence in a full court case, and not allowed to just accept a financial settlement, in order to seek justice.

Although, I can imagine this would put additional work on the perpetually under-resourced courts system, and make it way harder for those with financial means to make the offences go away and avoid publicity over the alleged/actual offences.

Having penned this post, I'm now thinking that these settlements were likely after the late 2000's legal deal was struck with Epstein's legal team to drop/not persue charges against others implicated/involved in Epstein's crimes in exchange for him pleading guilty to lessor charges and everything else that was part of the legal settlement with Esptein's team. (which I read somewhere recently, was claimed to include Epstein providing evidence in some non-related huge court case).

In Australia victims do not get to chose whether or not charges are pressed. The Crown always makes that choice, so I doubt it’s illegal for a person to pay the victim to not press charges because it’s completely moot.

Not so sure about US, I think some jurisdictions for some crimes may require victim consent or at least allow victims to request charges be dropped

Sonny Bonds

Cancelled
Jul 21, 2019
Lytton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Prince Andrew will escape all accountability. Prince Phillip recently T-boned a car with a mother and young child inside. No charges of course.

The Royal family are well above the law. Well done with Virginia Giuffre and Johanna Sjoberg coming out with their statements. If there is a third victim against Andrew, he should face the courts.

Prince Andrew will escape all accountability. Prince Phillip recently T-boned a car with a mother and young child inside. No charges of course.

The Royal family are well above the law. Well done with Virginia Giuffre and Johanna Sjoberg coming out with their statements. If there is a third victim against Andrew, he should face the courts.
Not sure, the Royals are under pressure now and his daughter has recently suspended her upcoming antislavery and sex trafficking podcast......

Meanwhile

NotHereForFooty

Draftee
Dec 30, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Has anyone been watching 'Rusty Shackleford's' drone footage of Little St James Island on You Tube?

If not, head over there if you have some time to kill ... there is some very interesting footage and comments, including on the night JE supposedly died, of two men arriving to the island by boat carrying torches (presumably trying to stay under cover), before entering an underground tunnel. Some say one of the men could have been JE himself.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
I'd be very surprised if Maxwell is ever bought to justice thru normal channels.

Ghislaine Maxwell is facing sex trafficking and conspiracy charges as investigators close in on the women who allegedly helped the late financier Jeffrey Epstein to systematically abuse under-age girls.
The British socialite, whose father, the fraudulent newspaper proprietor Robert Maxwell, died at sea in 1991, organised the complex logistical operation that fed Epstein’s apparently insatiable appetite for erotic encounters with girls as young as 14, according to victims and witness statements from members of his household.
“They were like partners in a business,” Janusz Banasiak, Epstein’s house manager, said in a deposition. Ms Maxwell was “the boss”, Epstein’s butler, Alfredo Rodriguez, said in court papers....
(rest of article behind a paywall)

I'd be very surprised if Maxwell is ever bought to justice thru normal channels.

(rest of article behind a paywall)

They can't go unchallenged imo but I think you're right. Let's see how much protection she gets.

Jeffrey had a fully equipped dentists chair. Rumours are flying it was used as a torture device and to remove teeth making it difficult to identify the bodies.

dentistchair.jpg

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Jeffrey had a fully equipped dentists chair. Rumours are flying it was used as a torture device and to remove teeth making it difficult to identify the bodies.

View attachment 737987

Don't think that happened in his bathroom, however there are other reasons that might require full dental work you might want to keep private.

He could have just preferred his dentist coming to him?

Don't think that happened in his bathroom, however there are other reasons that might require full dental work you might want to keep private.

He could have just preferred his dentist coming to him?

Might be there to intimidate, like the prosthetic eyeballs and the stuffed poodle "I want people to know what it takes to stuff a dog". He said that to the Vanity Fair journalist before the severed cats head and the bullet was left at her editors house.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sonny Bonds

Cancelled
Jul 21, 2019
Lytton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Has anyone been watching 'Rusty Shackleford's' drone footage of Little St James Island on You Tube?

If not, head over there if you have some time to kill ... there is some very interesting footage and comments, including on the night JE supposedly died, of two men arriving to the island by boat carrying torches (presumably trying to stay under cover), before entering an underground tunnel. Some say one of the men could have been JE himself.
Sorry, but total rubbish. It's daytime when the drone footage was captured. He has just added a B/W filter. They are not windows as stated in the video, but clearly skylights in the roof. Looks like a reflection off the panel to me.

Sorry, but total rubbish. It's daytime when the drone footage was captured. He has just added a B/W filter. They are not windows as stated in the video, but clearly skylights in the roof. Looks like a reflection off the panel to me.

Haven't seen that one yet but the drone footage when the FBI raided the island is hilarious. That pesky little drone just won't go away buzzing the windows, the FBI realise it's there and try to cover them with cardboard boxes they got from Home Depot.

Sonny Bonds

Cancelled
Jul 21, 2019
Lytton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Haven't seen that one yet but the drone footage when the FBI raided the island is hilarious. That pesky little drone just won't go away buzzing the windows, the FBI realise it's there and try to cover them with cardboard boxes they got from Home Depot.
The island is amazing though. I like watching all the workers noticing the drone.
No building has the same skylights as the video Rusty Shackleford posted on his Youtube site. No offence to you NotHereForFooty.

The island is amazing though. I like watching all the workers noticing the drone.
No building has the same skylights as the video Rusty Shackleford posted on his Youtube site. No offence to you NotHereForFooty.

Too bad spy drones weren't out over it when the celebrities and politicians were playing on there but they might have been shot out of the sky. ha ha that would be even funnier

Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
It would have had to be a black and black filter?? This doesn't look like day on the night when JE "died".

NotHereForFooty

Draftee
Dec 30, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
He was rumoured to have brought in a Dentist's chair from China at some point, but the "dental equipment" pictured above is not that at all (despite being quoted as such in numerous places) - it's equipment used by aestheticians (beauty therapists) for facials, etc.

The one pictured in Epstein's Miami home:

Here's a similar(ish) one pictured in a beauty room (I did find one almost identical, with all the tools along the bottom, but the link presented an error when I tried to copy it):

The photos taken at night by Rusty were exactly that, and I do believe Epstein was one of those who returned that night. I wonder if Ghislaine and the missing model company head are hiding out there also - I wouldn't be surprised (hiding in plain sight).

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
We are not amused.

Still waiting for a whole lot more of Victoria's Secrets to be exposed.

Victoria’s Secret Had Troubles, Even Before Jeffrey Epstein

said Peter Fader, a professor of marketing at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. “The Epstein issue simply shines a bright light on bad corporate infrastructure and governance.”

Mr. Wexner bought Victoria’s Secret for $1 million in 1982. He transformed it into a global powerhouse that defined many Americans’ perceptions of female sexiness.

The Brand is destroyed.
Wexner's credibility too.

Will forever be associated with Epstein now that we know some of what Victoria's Secrets actually were.

Back