Prediction Jenkins' Trade Value: 2 first rounders or a half-eaten sandwich?

What will Jenkins trade for?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We’re going to be very busy this trade period so you would expect we would want to wrap up the straight forward trades (eg Jenkins, Keath) quickly, get some draft picks in and then move on real quick. Take a 3rd rounder for JJ and move on.
No we should be getting the best possible pick we can for every player that wants to leave,
It is hard to rebuild with pick in the 50 plus region.

That is what JJ is worth though
No he just jumps up a few spots with his admission he will play for base and match payments,
he a 40 goal a year forward who can pinch-hit in the ruck and he can do it for 2 more years.
Any team with a tight cap looking for a tall forward ruck would swoop, and a 30-40 pick would be about right.

No he just jumps up a few spots with his admission he will play for base and match payments,
he a 40 goal a year forward who can pinch-hit in the ruck and he can do it for 2 more years.
Any team with a tight cap looking for a tall forward ruck would swoop, and a 30-40 pick would be about right.

Lets tell the truth now and not flower up the situation

he is a 30 year old player that was dropped twice from an average team

you are speaking about years ago not this year

Lets tell the truth now and not flower up the situation

he is a 30 year old player that was dropped twice from an average team

you are speaking about years ago not this year
no need to argue the proof will be in the pudding in 3-4 week we will know.
but he has put himself into a good market place due to his price tag within a team Cap, he becomes affordable to teams pushing for the top 4, next year,
Note in 2019 he averaged 2 goals a game to go along with 5 goal assist per game. name a team with cap restrictions that would not look at that.

no need to argue the proof will be in the pudding in 3-4 week we will know.
but he has put himself into a good market place due to his price tag within a team Cap, he becomes affordable to teams pushing for the top 4, next year,
Note in 2019 he averaged 2 goals a game to go along with 5 goal assist per game. name a team with cap restrictions that would not look at that.

I would say 80% of the teams in the comp wouldn't consider him, and those that will, will be doing it hoping he will get some form back and the word there is hope, on an outside bet you don't bet too much, which is why he would be worth around pick 50

AS for cap restriction considering most teams are paying 100% of the cap with very few at 95% who doesnt have cap restrictions?

I would say 80% of the teams in the comp wouldn't consider him, and those that will, will be doing it hoping he will get some form back and the word there is hope, on an outside bet you don't bet too much, which is why he would be worth around pick 50

AS for cap restriction considering most teams are paying 100% of the cap with very few at 95% who doesnt have cap restrictions?

As regards to Cap restrictions. think a bit on it. a tall 40 gaol forward on 300K leave a bit more to allocate on other players.
name me 1 AFL player on 300K who has the ability of kicking 40 plus goals and support the ruck.
And I will leave you with this
3-4 week all will be known which will be my answer to your next reply

As regards to Cap restrictions. think a bit on it. a tall 40 gaol forward on 300K leave a bit more to allocate on other players.
name me 1 AFL player on 300K who has the ability of kicking 40 plus goals and support the ruck.
And I will leave you with this
3-4 week all will be known which will be my answer to your next reply

IM picking around 50 so if he choses Essendon they have pick 47, we will see who is right and wrong and has a better understanding on the true value of players at the trade table, by the way I have keath going to the dogs at their pick 30

oh and I said JJ is 30 he will be 31 prior to the season starting, not sure which club you are thinking will take a massive punt on a 2nd round pick on someone with oldmanitis

Last edited:
Look in most cases Id say use him to upgrade a pick but we actually need Picks this year cos everyone is leaving.... I mean we're refreshing the list

I think he's worth a pick under 50

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No we should be getting the best possible pick we can for every player that wants to leave,
It is hard to rebuild with pick in the 50 plus region.

JJ will be 31 at the start of next year. You have to be realistic and understand that sides aren’t going to pay overs for him. Take what you can and move on.

Back