Jenkins vs Tippett

Remove this Banner Ad

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Its interesting comparing these two players. Obviously JJ took over from Tippett and he really has done well. Tippetts a better ruck, but I think JJ is the better forward now. He is a better kick for goal than Tippett, and is faster and more agile. Tippett maybe has a better pack mark ability.
However, looking at output vs $, there is absolutley no comparrison.

Lol

A club ever cheated the cap to pay Jenkins?

Not even close

Who else averages over 15 hitouts a game and also 2 goals? Tippett is miles ahead, this is also a lower contract year

Realistically, if Tippett was still at Adelaide, he would be selected ahead of Jenkins.

JJ has been very good, especially this year having increased his physicality, but Tippett would provide a better chop out in the ruck.

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Realistically, if Tippett was still at Adelaide, he would be selected ahead of Jenkins.

JJ has been very good, especially this year having increased his physicality, but Tippett would provide a better chop out in the ruck.
Yeah I give Tippett the points in ruck. JJ is okay for giving Sauce a break but he isnt going to be a first string ruck, whereas Tippett could be a full time ruck.
Tippett isnt as quick as JJ, and isnt as good at goal kicking.
But for the $, JJ is most likely the best performing forward for the dollar going around. Would be lucky to be on 300k.

Ian Dunross

Premiership Player
Mar 18, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Glenelg Tigers
It's a pretty close call.

The salary needs to be factored in. JJ allows the club to spend more elsewhere.

dinger

Club Legend
Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think putting speculative contracts against each other (ie: We don't have definitive proof regarding $$$) is a bit silly so based purely on output I think Tippett wins easily. However, Jenkins is young and could surpass him in a couple years time - and I think he will. Kind of a bit tough with 4 years between the players really.

Oct 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sixers, Exers, GWS Womens
Tippett is better. As far as value for money goes, Jenkins wins. If i were to have one of these players at Hawthorn including the money they were getting. It would be Jenkins. I would rather Tippett at Hawthorn but not for the money he is getting.

Wouldn't want either at Hawthorn next year.

Likedagreen

Senior List
Apr 9, 2015
Bong bong
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Christies beach Saints
Jenkins was pea heart,not as much now. Tippett still is a pea heart.so Jenkins for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jenkins is quite possibly the most overrated player in the AFL right now. 27 of his 37 goals have come from inside the goal square, a lot of which were from cheap handballs over the top. Kurt Tippett, on the other hand, is probably the most underrated player in the league right now.

Ian Dunross

Premiership Player
Mar 18, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Glenelg Tigers
If getting Joe the goose goals in the goal square was so easy, why doesn't every player do it?

Jenkins runs hard and fast to be that option.

Tippett should try it out. Except that he can't read the play as well and he's as slow as a wet week.

Both players have their strengths.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back