List Mgmt. Jenkins

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't argue with that, have defended him to the hilt but there's no defending that. Comes as no shock that a lift in media profile and exposure sees a drop in performance.

Shows his inflated sense of self that he was willing to give Patty s**t publicly and call himself a premiership player 2 games out. Deserves all the roasting he gets.
I mean they're mates and all, but that word 'publicly' means so much.

Sure, have banter with ya mate but is it too hard to ask to shut your mouth on TV.

I suspect Don and the leadership group would have been livid with him.

Hes put himself out there via the media so now hes gonna have to cop all the s**t. Hes is the laughing stock of the AFL and will be for some time.
Never run your mouth when you cant back it up.
Personally i cant see him recovering from that game.
Tough road ahead for JJ

I'm not really a Jack Riewoldt fan but contrast his attack in the air at the ball early with Josh's efforts.

The mentioning of other players who also had bad games is just diversionary given (with a few exceptions) those players don't have a long history of avoiding physical contact and a lack of thirst for a contest.

Walker looking for the body in a marking contest is a symptom of a lack of confidence for him. Whether that's mental or because of a physical issue I'm not sure. We know he can and does hit the contest hard.

I do think our forwards need to spend some time watching how Riewoldt plays. He always focuses on the footy and almost actively avoids initiating contact. Our guys are the opposite, too worried about what their opponents are doing.

I do think our forwards need to spend some time watching how Riewoldt plays. He always focuses on the footy and almost actively avoids initiating contact. Our guys are the opposite, too worried about what their opponents are doing.
He does NOW, wasn't always the case.

But it's a definite case of how you can improve late in your career by doing the little things

Tex pisses me off the most with that because he can take a strong mark when he wants to.

He thinks he is -and is going to be- some trailblazer of the sport of speaking his mind and being all in your face etc.
He's said words along those lines.

Agree or not with doing that, you at least have to be able to back it up and walk the walk.

Side note, did a family member write the above review of his game? Very kind review.

He thinks he is -and is going to be- some trailblazer of the sport of speaking his mind and being all in your face etc.
He's said words along those lines.

Agree or not with doing that, you at least have to be able to back it up and walk the walk.

Side note, did a family member write the above review of his game? Very kind review.
I've said before everytime he opens his mouth in an interview he isn't thinking what's best for the team, but just raising his profile for his post football career because wants to be a sports writer. I'd of pulled him aside and had a quiet chat with him after those Dangerfield comments if I was Pyke.

I've said before everytime he opens his mouth in an interview he isn't thinking what's best for the team, but just raising his profile for his post football career because wants to be a sports writer. I'd of pulled him aside and had a quiet chat with him after those Dangerfield comments if I was Pyke.
It's hard to have a media career from the SANFL.

Play him there for half a season and see if he can pull his finger out. He won't, not long term.

Pyke must be ruthless and give him the Lobbe treatment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not really a Jack Riewoldt fan but contrast his attack in the air at the ball early with Josh's efforts.

The mentioning of other players who also had bad games is just diversionary given (with a few exceptions) those players don't have a long history of avoiding physical contact and a lack of thirst for a contest.

Walker looking for the body in a marking contest is a symptom of a lack of confidence for him. Whether that's mental or because of a physical issue I'm not sure. We know he can and does hit the contest hard.

My mate said during the Sydney game that Walker is clearly injured as he didn't have the confidence to jump at the contest but instead needed to move his opponent off the line of the contest first. Normally a sign that you are carrying some form of injury.

My mate said during the Sydney game that Walker is clearly injured as he didn't have the confidence to jump at the contest but instead needed to move his opponent off the line of the contest first. Normally a sign that you are carrying some form of injury.
It's been a long term injury then.

A fit and firing Tex and Talia would be a massive improvement for our side.

This week there were no goals from other people to shark

If someone isn’t teeing up easy goals for bruise free josh then there are no goals to be had for josh

He’s like a car wash kid with no sponge and no car - can’t do it on his own and just looks stupid standing around
The one time he earnt his own ball with a great mark, he stared at the obvious option for 10 seconds then shanked the kick to a Richmond player for the easiest of intercepts...spud.

Wow, this is becoming insane. Some are desperate to keep this hack in the team.

This is why we won't win a premiership anytime soon.

Well he's going to be at the club for a while, so deal with it. The point being to make use of the assets he does have and quit trying to make him something he is not.

Someone else said it earlier in the thread. He's way too heavy and trying to play a game that doesn't suit him. They said he needs to lose 5kgs, I reckon its more like 7-8 kgs. Needs to get away from opponents and run, not compete body on body. Oh, and he cant ruck. He's completely useless as a ruckman.

Someone else said it earlier in the thread. He's way too heavy and trying to play a game that doesn't suit him. They said he needs to lose 5kgs, I reckon its more like 7-8 kgs. Needs to get away from opponents and run, not compete body on body. Oh, and he cant ruck. He's completely useless as a ruckman.
Turn him to a very tall wingman...

He doesn't need to be good at rucking. Richmond just won a premiership with a mediocre first ruck and the 190cm Shaun Grigg. There were multiple stoppages that went completely uncontested in the ruck.

What he needs to be is a good forward. Right now he is a s**t, overpaid, hack forward who craps his dacks at the the thought of pressure, big games and physical contests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back