Jenkins

Remove this Banner Ad

I have been a defender of Josh in the past but tonight and being at the game a massive nope for him tonight, no effort, applied no pressure to contests or tackling, there is something massively wrong with this club, they all look lost, stuck in the backline with no plan to effectively move the ball out, disposal is woeful, like most l have been to many games and l thought the Richmond loss at the MCG was bad last year well tonight was worse, the worse game l have ever attended, as a member and supporter of this club l am bitterly disappointed.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have been a defender of Josh in the past but tonight and being at the game a massive nope for him tonight, no effort, applied no pressure to contests or tackling, there is something massively wrong with this club, they all look lost, stuck in the backline with no plan to effectively move the ball out, disposal is woeful, like most l have been to many games and l thought the Richmond loss at the MCG was bad last year well tonight was worse, the worse game l have ever attended, as a member and supporter of this club l am bitterly disappointed.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
We are missing teague big time

Jenkins is a very, very limited football. Average in the air, useless on the ground, slow on the lead and timid at the contest.

He's heavily reliant on his teammates setting up his goals, but when the midfield is being made to run the other way, the no1 weakness of the AFC, they're expending most of their energy trying to play defensively, which effects their running towards goal, which effects Jenkins being able to get free of his opponent.

Combine that with Tex being cooked and unable to turn and wheel with any great authority to find Jenkins on the turnaround, then Jenkins's opportunities are dire.

Then there's Eddie who's only playing for Eddie now. Someone who's never played a good game in a losing side. He doesn't provide any forward defensive pressure, nor do any of the other forwards, and the opposition are exit the Crows' F50 with ease, which means the midfield have to run the other way, and now we're back to my 2nd paragraph.

Until these change, Jenkins won't be getting his easy goals at the rate he was in 2017, and thus making him a liability. But he's not the only one.

I call it the ‘red carpet defensive system’ and it’s been mentioned regularly since Sando. And it all starts with pressure on our mids who hack forward to a forward line that can’t contest and is often outnumbered and then don’t pressure which results in easy transition through the arcs. But when we’re on, boy o boy wowee aren’t we just so powerful.

Been a defender of Josh, but that game was completely unacceptable.

Yes he wasn't alone but he had the chance to set a standard and he failed to do so.

First contest he was behind his man by a couple of feet who double fisted the spoil. Then 2 minutes later he allows a player who was originally behind him to run past and handball receive exiting out of the 50. He was just jogging and didn’t put in to go with the player but did put in after the handball was looped to him but by then it was too late. It was obvious that the ‘message’ that Bryce got didn’t mean much to JJ.

I have stuck up for Jenkins over the past few years when my mates and work mates have bagged him. I won't anymore as he is showing nothing. Very disappointing for a bloke who I thought had major potential. In saying that, there are so many in the seemingly undroppable category that would not get a start in any other AFL team. Just to name a few......Mackay, Kelly, Hartigan, Atkins.While they are still playing, we are going down the gurgler. Time to start giving some youngsters a fair go to open our premiership window again which is well and truly shut.

On SM-T590 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Heard that he likes 2-3 visits per week via the KFC drive through post training ... often with a 6 pack of mixer cans in the passenger seat .
Would not surprise one bit considering he looks completely unfit and the shape of an oversize drumstick

Last edited:
This guy has always been a fraud but your strong team and dynamic forward line in 2016-17 hid his flaws.

How you are keeping an elite young talent in Fogarty in the reserves (playing backline?) while paying JJ more than half a mill to dish up what he dished up last night is mind boggling.

If I were the Crows I’d offer to pay half his salary to offload him to any club that will take him at the end of the season. Perhaps he could be useful to Gold Coast as Lukosius and Wright continue to develop.

Fogarty is your future, JJ has never been anything but a seriously limited footballer.

This guy has always been a fraud but your strong team and dynamic forward line in 2016-17 hid his flaws.

How you are keeping an elite young talent in Fogarty in the reserves (playing backline?) while paying JJ more than half a mill to dish up what he dished up last night is mind boggling.

If I were the Crows I’d offer to pay half his salary to offload him to any club that will take him at the end of the season. Perhaps he could be useful to Gold Coast as Lukosius and Wright continue to develop.

Fogarty is your future, JJ has never been anything but a seriously limited footballer.

neither informative or insightful. not one AFC supporter wants to see Josh Jenkins play for this club again. futhermore, posters here have been calling for Fogarty to come in for Jenkins well before last night happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez i have seen him play better footy in the past especially when hes pushing up the ground but now he just looks like he is after the out the back "joe the goose" ball.

He’s still trying to still get goals out the back.

Play him in the ruck full time and put Fogarty forward.

He’s playing like crap this year and deserves to be dropped. However he is not a fraud, he’s been one of our most consistent forwards of the last 5 years

He’s playing like crap this year and deserves to be dropped. However he is not a fraud, he’s been one of our most consistent forwards of the last 5 years
Is it only JJ . A few of our players look unfit. I was thinking last night Lynch looked like he was running in weighted shoes. Is there residue of the CM experiment and a poor overcorrection to the fitness program still in the team.

Is it only JJ . A few of our players look unfit. I was thinking last night Lynch looked like he was running in weighted shoes. Is there residue of the CM experiment and a poor overcorrection to the fitness program still in the team.

If you can get it so terribly wrong overdoing it then it’s very possible to go too far the other way when correcting. This was posted a few times during the preseason as a significant risk.

If you want to send a message to the playing group that soft, peahearted, half arsed, lazy unaccountable football will not be tolerated then the guy who is built like a Sherman tank and plays like a BB gun has to go.

Enough is enough.

He’s still trying to still get goals out the back.

Play him in the ruck full time and put Fogarty forward.
So we concede any possibility of being competitive at centre bounces or around the ground stoppages to fit Fog in up forward....Nah Jenkins is not a Ruckman's bootlace. It's much simpler than that, if we want Fog in up forward Jenkins is playing SANFL.

Heard that he likes 2-3 visits per week via the KFC drive through post training ... often with a 6 pack of mixer cans in the passenger seat .
Would not surprise one bit considering he looks completely unfit and the shape of an oversize drumstick

He looks 10kg overweight ATM.

So we concede any possibility of being competitive at centre bounces or around the ground stoppages to fit Fog in up forward....Nah Jenkins is not a Ruckman's bootlace. It's much simpler than that, if we want Fog in up forward Jenkins is playing SANFL.

That’s how bad our ruck stocks are.

Needing to play him in the centre is a reflection of list management, not the decision to play him there. Rob is barely sanfl level ruck, with about a div 5 ammo leg.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back