Training Jen's training updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

EK_gRM6VAAMLJI7

EK_gRM4UEAARVXV

EK_gRM6U0AAoqQt

Obviously was someone parking in Gary Pert’s car park.

he took action then it inevitably leaked out...

edit sr36 beat me to it

Not the fruit stall there was it?

:eek:

Here re.. it's f like.. 'oh pass me the Thins Craig.. oh can you reach in and grab the Nes Shaz.'

You go to f Toumba in Thesaloniki and you can't see 2 inches in front of your face from the 50 flairs lit.. you go home and it takes you 3-4 days to recover from flair smoke inhalation.. your ears are ringing.. you've lost your voice.. you can't sleep even though you're exhausted.. you're legs are stiff from all the lactic acid.

I'm not suggesting we go full on PAOK re.. but how on earth are we ever going to promote the game of AFL overseas when the crowd acts so vanilla re. It's f like we've got the foo fighters on stage going nuts.. then you turn to the crowd and you're thinking wtf is this.. Carol's by Candelight watching f Dennis Walter with that baratone malakia voice of his perform.. sway right and f left.. oh this is so f cool.. what a lovely time I'm having tonight.

Agh stooo.. go spend the millions in grass roots footy..

It's like a beat generation version of Christos Tsiolkas with a dash of Hunter S Thomson for good measure.

I have never doubted Shaz's innate abilities, especially his uncanny ability to read the flight of the ball. It's sad for him that he's never gotten a good solid run to establish himself permanently in the team's best 22.
Must admit I've never thought of him as a mid-fielder! :think: He is elite with hand-ball accuracy though, so perhaps he could play as a defensive mid, by contesting the centre bounces, dish it off and then run like hell into the backline????? it would mean the more attacking mids like Treloar could confine themsleves more to forward of centre.
Hohno9911, could you please offer more detail in how you envisage him being used? Very interested. :)

It’s been mentioned a few times. One idea is that he effectively plays the Maybe role as a hard running medium sized wingman. If mayne can do it with less natural talent, why not?

Beamer not happy with the Holden sponsorship?

Graduated from burning bridges to burning other things?

Maybe StKilda should give him a call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hahah. It's getting better, thanks. I am able to walk on it. Still sore in places, but I imagine it will take a couple weeks for it to heal fully.
All started when you went to training.
never happened on match day at the MCG.

there is an unconfirmed rumour you previously felt jarring at Colonial / Telstra Dome / Etihad / Marvel Stadium.

A defensive mid role is the right line of thinking imo, if Collingwood were that way inclined to move Shaz up the ground. He is an elite user of the ball, which would tidy up some of our disposal through midfield, as well as being able to drop behind the play and intercept and play on the defensive end, which would help balance out our midfield more.

Would probably be a similar sort of role to what Mayne plays, however I think Shaz would be an upgrade on Mayne as a bigger body and a better kick. I wouldn't have him in the center bounces, more out on a wing where he has time to hit up teammates, but also have the ability to drop of behind the play and intercept counter attacks out of our forward 50. Out on a wing (where the play is often less contested) might also assist in keeping him healthy, as he'd hopefully cope fewer knocks playing on the outside.
Many thanks Johnno9911 for your reply. It would be very interesting if they trialled him in such a role in one of the pre-season games. I wonder about his overall fitness level for a wing/up the ground role though, after all the time out for knee recos :think: He'd be doing a lot more running than he's used to!!! Nevertheless, he'd be very valuable as a loose defender dropping back, that's for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back