Training Jen's training updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone able to advise training times today?
It’s now, watch out, it’s a real doozie.....

just love your avatar and its signature and your location listed. Brilliant.

A defensive mid role is the right line of thinking imo, if Collingwood were that way inclined to move Shaz up the ground. He is an elite user of the ball, which would tidy up some of our disposal through midfield, as well as being able to drop behind the play and intercept and play on the defensive end, which would help balance out our midfield more.

Would probably be a similar sort of role to what Mayne plays, however I think Shaz would be an upgrade on Mayne as a bigger body and a better kick. I wouldn't have him in the center bounces, more out on a wing where he has time to hit up teammates, but also have the ability to drop of behind the play and intercept counter attacks out of our forward 50. Out on a wing (where the play is often less contested) might also assist in keeping him healthy, as he'd hopefully cope fewer knocks playing on the outside.
He could play a similar role to Mayne, I quite like the idea, but think you're getting carried away by referring to him as an elite user of the ball. Like Mayne he's a safe cautious user of the footy.

He could play a similar role to Mayne, I quite like the idea, but think you're getting carried away by referring to him as an elite user of the ball. Like Mayne he's a safe cautious user of the footy.
His ball use is terrific.
he has so much poise, a real footballer.

mayne gets by on huge work ethic and not making mistakes.

the Berger boy finds the best options. Different kettle of fish in my view. Though Matthew will need a clear injury free run at it. Well above average.

Because Shaz has been on the list so long now I think we forget he's only managed less than 40 senior games and I'd doubt many more VFL games, and always on the return from his injury issues. Unlike Mayne, I think he can/will be an elite user and become a more creative player generally once he gets more experience and by extension confidence. We've already seen small signs of that evolution.

Because Shaz has been on the list so long now I think we forget he's only managed less than 40 senior games and I'd doubt many more VFL games, and always on the return from his injury issues. Unlike Mayne, I think he can/will be an elite user and become a more creative player generally once he gets more experience and by extension confidence. We've already seen small signs of that evolution.
True. I'm not much of a fan, but he really hasn't strung enough footy together for us to know what he can become. He's certainly clean and composed and should be more effective with his ball use than he currently is.

His ball use is terrific.
he has so much poise, a real footballer.

mayne gets by on huge work ethic and not making mistakes.

the Berger boy finds the best options. Different kettle of fish in my view. Though Matthew will need a clear injury free run at it. Well above average.
This I agree with, without anymore injury concerns we will get to see why he was so highly rated as a junior. It's time we celebrated what he has been through to get to this point. He can play, he gets it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She's listed as a test on the Collingwood website so should be right somewhere in 2021
TBD — May have rolled into my ankle this morning to turn off my alarm. Has swelled up again. Bought a support brace, so we will see if this helps.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dec 6th. Pre-season training.

Boys had already started by 9:30am. I need to get my time right lol But just warming up really, so I didn't miss too much by the time I got there.

I knew I couldn't attend the whole session as was going shopping with mum, so I left about 11:30, but saw out the majority of it, while chatting to a friend.

Everyone but Stevo, Beams, Langdon, Broomhead. Reef and another AFL Academy prospect was out there training with the boys this week. It was the draftees first real main session, since wednesday was more light stuff, but today they really got into it.

Started off with some drills, then split into rotations as they did their own stuff. Match sim stuff was also done.

One concerning thing was, I saw Shaz go off with a trainer and inside, not to return about half way through the session. I don't know if there was something wrong or whether it's just part of managing him. Hopefully the latter.

The draftees were taken out from a couple of match sims during the end, as they get eased into the program it seems. Not to put them all in it at once. Probably best, as they slowly learn the game plan.

A few players were again in the rehab group: Reid, Treloar, Daicos. Quaynor on his own program. I like that Dunn was yelling out directions for Bianco to go to on the field, in teaching him the ways.

Greenwood doing a lot more running today, as he amps up his recovery from his ACL.

Another session of training Will Kelly forward.

Had a little chat with Trey Ruscoe and a photo. Such a nice boy. He is loving the experience so far. He said he doesn't mind where they place him, but believe it will be the backline.

What is this Report on CH7 saying Grundy had a Scare at Training?
I actually have that kinda caught on video. Just a bit of a mishap with Lynch. Fell to the ground. But was helped up and is fine. Just a minor scare, but finished out the session and no cause of alarm.

Dec 6th. Pre-season training.

Boys had already started by 9:30am. I need to get my time right lol But just warming up really, so I didn't miss too much by the time I got there.

I knew I couldn't attend the whole session as was going shopping with mum, so I left about 11:30, but saw out the majority of it, while chatting to a friend.

Everyone but Stevo, Beams, Langdon, Broomhead. Reef and another AFL Academy prospect was out there training with the boys this week. It was the draftees first real main session, since wednesday was more light stuff, but today they really got into it.

Started off with some drills, then split into rotations as they did their own stuff. Match sim stuff was also done.

One concerning thing was, I saw Shaz go off with a trainer and inside, not to return about half way through the session. I don't know if there was something wrong or whether it's just part of managing him. Hopefully the latter.

The draftees were taken out from a couple of match sims during the end, as they get eased into the program it seems. Not to put them all in it at once. Probably best, as they slowly learn the game plan.

A few players were again in the rehab group: Reid, Treloar, Daicos. Quaynor on his own program. I like that Dunn was yelling out directions for Bianco to go to on the field, in teaching him the ways.

Greenwood doing a lot more running today, as he amps up his recovery from his ACL.

Another session of training Will Kelly forward.

Had a little chat with Trey Ruscoe and a photo. Such a nice boy. He is loving the experience so far. He said he doesn't mind where they place him, but believe it will be the backline.
Dunn will most likely get a rookie place under SSP, unless he completely breaks down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back