(Log in to remove this ad.)

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
Jen.. how did Magden go.. being used as marking practise? More realistic than a synthetic thingimagigy full of foam and that re.

Jen2310

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
No Madgen, Gimp. No VFL players apart from those who will be emergencies IMO.

I arrived down there not even 10am, and nobody was out. Bit strange, as I was not sure there was even training, but there was a couple of fans down there so I figure there might be something.
Then about 10:20, Pendles came out onto the ground. I thought, okay yes something is going on. Followed by one by one. They were already warmed up with mouth guards in, so I guess they did some things inside before they came out onto the ground.

The midfielders came out first and went to the centre square. This also included Jordy. They practiced some clearance work for a long time. All the while the defenders went and played kick to kick. This included Aish, who was partnered up with Roughy. Moore then stood next to him with Scharenberg.

No Greenwood. No Reid. Everyone that played last week ; plus Quaynor, Noble, Tyler Brown, Crocker and Elliott were out there. That's when I got the sense this session was for those that are playing tomorrow night plus the emergencies. Why else would they not have the whole group out there?

Sier trained well. Didn't look to have any after effects of the concussion.

They seemed to be working on things that needed a clean up, like their clearance work, and tackling -- Callum Brown was the last one to leave the ground as he was doing some tackle drills with Budda Hocking. Tyler was in this group with him for a while as well, but Callum was getting tips and lessons on things in regards to tackling.

They finished up an hour later. It was mostly light work, but they also did some match sim type of stuff.

Vicky Park

Premium Platinum
Sep 11, 2012
Umm...
AFL Club
Collingwood
No Madgen, Gimp. No VFL players apart from those who will be emergencies IMO.

I arrived down there not even 10am, and nobody was out. Bit strange, as I was not sure there was even training, but there was a couple of fans down there so I figure there might be something.
Then about 10:20, Pendles came out onto the ground. I thought, okay yes something is going on. Followed by one by one. They were already warmed up with mouth guards in, so I guess they did some things inside before they came out onto the ground.

The midfielders came out first and went to the centre square. This also included Jordy. They practiced some clearance work for a long time. All the while the defenders went and played kick to kick. This included Aish, who was partnered up with Roughy. Moore then stood next to him with Scharenberg.

No Greenwood. No Reid. Everyone that played last week ; plus Quaynor, Noble, Tyler Brown, Crocker and Elliott were out there. That's when I got the sense this session was for those that are playing tomorrow night plus the emergencies. Why else would they not have the whole group out there?

Sier trained well. Didn't look to have any after effects of the concussion.

They seemed to be working on things that needed a clean up, like their clearance work, and tackling -- Callum Brown was the last one to leave the ground as he was doing some tackle drills with Budda Hocking. Tyler was in this group with him for a while as well, but Callum was getting tips and lessons on things in regards to tackling.

They finished up an hour later. It was mostly light work, but they also did some match sim type of stuff.
You're the best Jen. Literally our own BF reporter. Quicker and more accurate coverage of training and who's doing what, and not, than we get in the 'real' media. Cheers:thumbsu:

Capital Magpie

Debutant
Aug 27, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Love your work Jen2310! Please keep doing it! Sitting up here in cold, remote Canberra, it's so difficult to get intel on the Pies. However, with all your good work, I almost feel that I'm right in the middle of the action.

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
How great is the Gimp yet again re.. recommending Jen create her own training thread.. she obliged and that re.. well done Jen.. everyone loves ya re.. you see.. good work. Libra intuition on full display yet again.

If only our media department were just as astute as you Jen.

You might want to show those in the know at the club.. your work.. and how much it's appreciated.. you never know where that could lead you..

Last edited:

bencoop

Senior List
Oct 5, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thanks Jen - great work. Looks like Greenwood and Reid for Elliot and IQ?

BringouttheGimp

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Yes, Gimp was very wise in that suggestion and has been worthwhile. Credit to you.
Just delete my posts if you do.. I'm not one to boast about myself and that re.. I'd like to think of myself as the wind between everyone's wings and that re.

But yeah.. cont the good work. And if and when you chose to talk to folk on the training track.. persist with em.. annoy em in a way.. but on a friendly basis re.. but then again.. this could be a past time of yours.. so the world's your oyster.

Well done.

Saintly Viewed

So You Think
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just delete my posts if you do.. I'm not one to boast about myself and that re.. I'd like to think of myself as the wind between everyone's wings and that re.

But yeah.. cont the good work. And if and when you chose to talk to folk on the training track.. persist with em.. annoy em in a way.. but on a friendly basis re.. but then again.. this could be a past time of yours.. so the world's your oyster.

Well done.
You’re a great one re

Top Bottom