Training Jen's training updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

There is no public training this week. They are training off-site, and won't be publicized.

Might do them some good. Away from the public eye and reporters/media.

FALSE ADVERTISING THEN BY THE CLUB

Why are they not at Holden Center Jen2310 ?

This is troubling to me, and another symptom of something odd that seems to have occurred in recent weeks. Training off-site and closing it is this week's thing, last week Bucks held his press conference really early in the week rather than after the training session. Then we have the football department deciding to completely discard full injury reports with Walsh that included estimated returns and more info about what the nature of the injury was, rather than just a static image with the location of where a player is injured.

Added to that, there has been a marked shift in Bucks' persona in the past month or so, where he's gone back to being the grouch he was in previous years (perhaps somewhat understandable but it happened even before the Freo loss).

Then the club tried to be so controlling of the messaging that went out in the media about the Stephenson thing, which led to the argument between Walsh and Mick Warner on 3AW.

It just kind of seems like the club has done a complete about-face on the positivity and openness that permeated the whole of 2018, including open media weeks where they swung the doors to the Holden Centre open and gave the media carte blanche on a number of players. The toxic vibe (from the outside) and Soviet-style controlling of information from the middle-of-the-ladder years has returned in recent weeks.

So Pragmatic Shill there something Major has Happened at the Club that we are not aware of?

I was staunchly against people handwringing on here about a particular element of the club's PR. I know you consider yourself one of the board's great thinkers so hopefully if you re-read my message you can see I am talking about more than just the club's handling of injury reports.

We all don't have Inside Sources like you do

There is no law they have to always be at the holden centre. Especially is a week like this. To get away for a few hours, I see no harm in it.

If they are training at the holden centre tomorrow, I will go down and check.

Didn't they Advertise a Open Training Session Today?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well he told us we where Picking Stephenson before the Draft and Giving News about Selections before Teams are Finalized

I think you may have me confused there Dave, I had no idea we were picking Stephenson. And the team selections were really the art of deduction more than having inside knowledge.

The only inside goss I have really divulged here is that last year we offered Smith and Oxley to Brisbane (being QLD boys) to avoid handing over two first rounders for Beams. I also mentioned that the recruiters hit Bailey Wraith (our other academy boy last year) between the eyes and said they wouldn't be taking him because they couldn't see a whole lot of development in him.

That's about the extent. As I said in my response to Apex36, I haven't sought out goss to spread here because it's not that appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back