Training Jen's training updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think 76woodenspooners was saying that tongue in cheek...as a swipe at the media for all commenting how Moore is an inclusion this week.

You give 76woodenspooners too much credit ...

... he’s a dunce who didn’t realise Moore was back from yet another long layoff :)

Training wash up.
Roughy & Moore to play down back.
Thomas will play.
JDG & Stevo definitely IN.
Sidebottom & Scharenberg both should play (although wore opposition yellow vests in match simulation).
Forward line either medium (with Mihocek only tall) or Reid comes in.
In the mix for selection...Wills, Brown, Noble, Varcoe, Reid, Madgen (only 2 can play).
Doubtful Aish, Wells & Sier (all trained, but probably underdone).

Why is nobody selecting Moore amongst their ins??? :confused:

Especially considering Buckley has already announced he’s ready to play?
Because he was already in the team in the last game...?

You give 76woodenspooners too much credit ...

... he’s a dunce who didn’t realise Moore was back from yet another long layoff :)
At least now you know that if you are ever feeling lonely, you just need to post something incorrect on BF and you will receive lots of attention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tried to help you mate. Should've just gone along with it. Now we both look like Dunce's!

Buckley is teaching me that I need to show a more fallible and human side to myself :)

Define: troll
/trɒl,trəʊl/
verb
  1. ...
At least now you know that if you are ever feeling lonely, you just need to post something incorrect on BF and you will receive lots of attention.

... ah, yes indeed! :)

I asked roughy about playing finals again. He is excited. Can’t wait.

Varcoe prob be the unlucky one.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes, I suspect Varcoe, Noble & Madgen miss out.
If they decide to play Reid, then probably Brown would miss.
I think they want Wills inside grunt against Cats onballers.
Weather or Geelong selections may determine if Reid gets a run.
The good news...we have depth options (Reid, Noble, Madgen, Varcoe, Wells, Sier).

The good news...we have depth options (Reid, Noble, Madgen, Varcoe, Wells, Sier).

Geez imagine preliminary final time and we have the option to bring in a guy like Wells that has a few weeks of really solid training under his belt, and is super fit.

Sort of player that could win a final of his own boot/ take home a Norm.

I arrived about 9:45. Whenever they say 9:30, I know they really mean they won't appear on the ground til 10. I'm not stupid lol They just want people to arrive early. By the time I arrived the crowd was way past the cafe. I ended up deciding to go on the AAMI Park side of the ground for a while.

There was lots of cheer was Pendles was the first one to come out. Some other cheers for stevo since the kids hadn't seen him since he last played. The warm up began, but not too long after I decided to find Apples and bumped into a journo friend around near the cafe. And then Apples came and joined us not long after.

The things I observed was:
- Stevo was full of energy and trained to perfection.
- Jordy the same. You can sense he is about to burst. He does love these big games.
- Moore trained as good as I've seen him. There was a bit of jokes that ever since he cut his hair he was harder to spot, so when in doubt look for his #30 number.
- Aish trained very well. Thomas, is set to play.
- I imagine Reid would be putting his hand up. Has had quite a few weeks of good training, but given his body and the time he has been out; probably unlikely. But would throw a curveball, also it may be one change too many.

Unfortunately I think Varcoe will be left in the cold.

The group did split into two sets as they began match play. I tried to play detective to see who might play and who may not, but I don't think there was anything into the whole different colours thing. Will just drive you insane if you try to guess by that.

It was nice to see that Will Kelly is alive still, first time out on the track in months. I forgot what he looked like lol jk He didn't do much just some light running, but you've got to start somewhere. Hopefully he has a good pre-season, as he didn't really have one as he was coming back from a foot injury.

I remember going to Vic Park for the training sessions into the 1990 finals series, in particular the last training before the '90 GF. The lid was off post smashing the Bombers in the semi, then having the week off 15,000 people poured into the ground. Hotdog sellers in full swing, supporters cheering every practive goal like it was matchday. Chant went up, what an atmosphere it was.
I may have seen you there!

I'd be going with Reid. I think we need a second tall to win the grand final, so he needs to come in, get two games under his belt, and then star in the big dance.

Time looks to have run out for Wells and Sier -- if the bloody VFL team was playing.... This stupid system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back