Traded Jeremy Cameron [traded w/ 2x 2021 R2 (ESS/GWS) to Geelong for #13, #15, #20 and 2021 R4]

Who won this trade?

• GWS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geelong

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
sooner or later one would think someone will match ..no one has yet. When a club lets it be known that they will match. a deal is worked out before hand so no official offer happens ..like with Danger. If the best comp is band1 which is after GWS R1 pick..it might be in the 20's this year. Surely a deal involving a couple of R1's would be more appealing, even 1 and an R2 has more appeal. Its all irrelevant really I think Cameron will stay.

For mine I think RFA will eventually go, its discriminatory. Unless you are a player who was aligned thru Father Son or academies , then you were told where to go and had no choice in it... after 8 years I think its more than fair to be able to have your own unrestricted choice on where you wish to live and play

If they reduce it to 6 years ... that could change for a few players.

I agree its a good chance it will be a match and trade if he goes but i think he will stay.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I see Essendon being the big player here.

Danniher will go off the books at the end of the year and they will shift all that money and then some onto a bid for Cameron.

Losing Cameron would be pretty disastrous for GWS. He's not like their long production line of midfielders.

They have Finlayson, Himmelberg and Riccardi.

In saying that, they've paid huge contracts to Coniglio, Kelly, Greene and others recently, with the reduced cap, I can see this being a potential issue, if they do indeed actually have a salary cap....

Bizzarely, could GWS go in for Danniher if they think Cameron is an issue?

The other popcorn moment would be dealing with Dodo in a matched bid scenario....

Off two games?

We had a longer dry spell last year

Look at the trend. Not many key forwards firing under new conditions. And that’s before we talk about his form.

unless he turns it around he won’t command what he once did. Will always get some coin but not going to attract Tom Boyd dollars, which for a while most expected he would

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Look at the trend. Not many key forwards firing under new conditions. And that’s before we talk about his form.

unless he turns it around he won’t command what he once did. Will always get some coin but not going to attract Tom Boyd dollars, which for a while most expected he would
He has had a poor start, but just won the Coleman. There'd have to be an enormous drop off for him not to get million dollar offers

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

I am. It can still be turned around. Too much quality in the sides that have failed to so far deliver.

He has averaged more than Boyd, delivered for the majority of it to.

Oakleigh Roo

Debutant
Dec 6, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well outside of that he’d have a clear role in the team. He’s good mates with Smith. If he were to leave who do you think would be leading the race?

I have him pegged to stay
I think Geelong are a big chance. GWS will match any offer as well and they also have 3 first round picks at their disposal. Could take a couple of them to get him.

Oakleigh Roo

Debutant
Dec 6, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I am. It can still be turned around. Too much quality in the sides that have failed to so far deliver.

He has averaged more than Boyd, delivered for the majority of it to.
How long until he entertains the idea of playing in front of a huge crowd every week and decides he wants to play for a club with substance and history? Surely it must be wearing him down knowing every final he plays in is overrun with opposition supporters. A home qualifying or elimination final won’t matter. But an away prelim or Grand Final is a psychological hurdle that has proven to big to overcome. He must want to know what it’s like to be cheered on by a huge crowd.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
How long until he entertains the idea of playing in front of a huge crowd every week and decides he wants to play for a club with substance and history? Surely it must be wearing him down knowing every final he plays in is overrun with opposition supporters. A home qualifying or elimination final won’t matter. But an away prelim or Grand Final is a psychological hurdle that has proven to big to overcome. He must want to know what it’s like to be cheered on by a huge crowd.

I’m guessing you aren’t talking about North then.

Oakleigh Roo

Debutant
Dec 6, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m guessing you aren’t talking about North then.
More history at our footy club than you could ever dream of GWS having.
As soon as Cameron leaves the exodus will happen. Could see it in his eyes on Friday night that he’s just not enjoying his footy right now.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
More history at our footy club than you could ever dream of GWS having.
As soon as Cameron leaves the exodus will happen. Could see it in his eyes on Friday night that he’s just not enjoying his footy right now.

The one that got rid of it’s name and tried to move to every location on the map until they came crawling back trying to reclaim their past.

That clubs tradition?

So bitter over Kelly saying no.

Oakleigh Roo

Debutant
Dec 6, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The one that got rid of it’s name and tried to move to every location on the map until they came crawling back trying to reclaim their past.

That clubs tradition?

So bitter over Kelly saying no.
Haha what a load of crap.

We are currently in the 8. Couldn’t care less about Kelly. I’m sure he regrets his decision though. I mean, who honestly would be enjoying playing footy for a coach who forces his players who have been involved in collision injuries to toss the coin against the player who did it? That would have to be one of the most embarrassing things I’ve ever seen on a football field. He’s literally losing the playing group.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Haha what a load of crap.

We are currently in the 8. Couldn’t care less about Kelly. I’m sure he regrets his decision though. I mean, who honestly would be enjoying playing footy for a coach who forces his players who have been involved in collision injuries to toss the coin against the player who did it? That would have to be one of the most embarrassing things I’ve ever seen on a football field. He’s literally losing the playing group.

Edit. It’s not worth my time when you don’t obviously know.

So let’s get back on track with the thread otherwise this will go on for a bit.

Last edited:
Back