Traded Jeremy Cameron [traded w/ 2x 2021 R2 (ESS/GWS) to Geelong for #13, #15, #20 and 2021 R4]

Who won this trade?

• GWS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geelong

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
I would hope they have firm plans for the next 5 years.
I think you're missing my point. There would be huge risks in focussing heavily on individual this far out. Maybe the proverbial coffee with his manager to discuss his future options. Couldn't see it going much further at this stage. Your guys wouldn't know your cap in detail for 2021. Of course you would have a plan but there would also be variables.

Likewise we wouldn't have detailed an offer, although the discussions last year between the club and players likely included a broad view of our intentions.

I doubt you would be gong "hard" for Jezza unless he's expressed interest. It will be his call as he will be a FA.

Mantastic

Premiership Player
Jun 22, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man City, Cleveland Browns
But in that detail is my query. I'm not suggesting they wouldn't be thinking about options.

It's actually a pretty similar timeline to the Danger pursuit. That was well over a year out, with FA being the opportune window.

From the little I know of how Geelong operate, they preemptively identify needs and look to fill them before they are needs. You can see it pretty clearly with our trades and mature agers, they tend to have pretty obvious predecessors. Tuohy, Kelly, Stewart and Clark for instance or fill a new role in the side, like Dahlhaus, Rohan and Atkins this year alone.

With Esava not really clicking as an impactful scoreboard player yet and Buzza and Abbott not developed into regulars in the seniors, plus Smith falling away in the ruck, I think you'll see us switch targets to key forwards and rucks (or someone who can do both) from this off season on and be pretty aggressive with it too.

Mantastic

Premiership Player
Jun 22, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man City, Cleveland Browns
I think you're missing my point. There would be huge risks in focussing heavily on individual this far out. Maybe the proverbial coffee with his manager to discuss his future options. Couldn't see it going much further at this stage. Your guys wouldn't know your cap in detail for 2021. Of course you would have a plan but there would also be variables.

Likewise we wouldn't have detailed an offer, although the discussions last year between the club and players likely included a broad view of our intentions.

I doubt you would be gong "hard" for Jezza unless he's expressed interest. It will be his call as he will be a FA.

I think with superstars like Cameron, you have to be aggressive and try to turn his head. I agree with you if it was Patton for instance (or Lobb and McCarthy from previous years) but with guys like Cameron and Danger, you start flirting as early as possible and go hard from the start.

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You really think your list management team would be that focussed this far out?

2 years is a looong time in the AFL, and a lot can happen.

I’d be shocked if most clubs didn’t to be honest. Most business practices have a 5 year plan, so wouldn’t surprise me if afl list management works on the same principle.

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
I love how a line like 'we won't tolerate mediocrity' and then Lloyd's assessment of how 'Clarkson will be ruthless. He'll go after a Stephen Coniglio and Jeremy Cameron', is somehow GWS being put on 'high alert' by Hawthorn.

There is literally nothing in that article that even suggests Clarkson and Hawthorn are targeting him right now. I mean, they'd be silly not to, but at least the Geelong rumours had something about Scott saying we like to target people from our region, sort of thing. Still, it's all smoke and mirrors, and this may be one of the most empty articles, devoid of any actual facts, that I've read in a long time

Typical NewsCorp article from sh*t journalists. I'm not even surprised anymore.

Cameron stays IMO. Patton will go to Hawthorn, given their medical team, and Cogs is up in the air right now. Still think Cogs stays as well.

P.S. This is literally all that has been said, that led to this piece of crap article being written:

“(But) to get a Coniglio or possibly a Jeremy Cameron whoever it’s, he will be ruthless. Nothing would surprise me with the changes he will make at Hawthorn.”

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
I'd be really surprised if he was to leave the Giants. I reckon he will end up as a one club player personally.
He's spent all his adult life in Sydney, now in his ninth hear. All the indications are he likes the lifestyle, including the anonymity. I can't see us lowballing him so I think your right. FA is the time for a player to reflect and consider though. He's said he's not interested in his contract this far out. That's all we have so far.

I think you're right.

Last edited:

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Coniglio and Cameron to the Bombers in exchange for:

Kyle Langford, Laverde, Mark Baguley, Future 3rd round pick

Sounds fair.
Daniher and Zerrett to GWS in exchange for:

Lloyd, Kennedy, Buntine, Future 3rd round pick

Sounds fair.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I get you meant no offence but we aint trading Kenners. In many ways he defines us as a club. The members would riot.
I'd rather you didn't trade out Kenners.
In fact I'm deadset against it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Was more taking the piss, naming a few mid-ranged players plus a late pick in return for 2 established guns like the other poster did

Proud 2 Be Ur New Dad

R.I.P Billy Conforto
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cameron will re-sign with GSW, as will Cog's.

No way Kelly re-signs like he did if he wasn't confident the team's core would be sticking around.

They are flying at the moment too, not sure you'd leave given they probably have the best chance at multiple flags over the next 5 years in the AFL...

Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Weird thread, main board has been telling us for years what an over-rated, rubbish, one trick pony, thug player he is. I mean any club willing to throw $300kpa at him as an FA would probably take him off our hands.

Geelong would be the only club in the hunt IMO, could not see him living anywhere near Melb.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Weird thread, main board has been telling us for years what an over-rated, rubbish, one trick pony, thug player he is. I mean any club willing to throw $300kpa at him as an FA would probably take him off our hands.

Geelong would be the only club in the hunt IMO, could not see him living anywhere near Melb.

Nothing overrated the way he is play atm.. 300 K maybe about 1M short.

The real question is .. why would he move? If he is happy at GWS , he probably has as good a chance wining a flag there as anywhere. Especially if he is not attracted to media attention cause even smaller club in Vic will gather attention..probably more than he is used to.

Back