MRP / Trib. Jeremy Cameron sent to tribunal - Harris Andrews incident - read Mod announcement at post #67

Remove this Banner Ad

Why? Because the media and bigfooty were pushing for 10 the whole week? It is a common tactic to get a compromise, like Trump in the Art of the Deal. I hope the club appeals this.
On what grounds. You have to be kidding yourself. AFL had a chance to stamp this type of incident out. Went soft. If an appeal is made, hopefully the correct penalty of 6 plus weeks is given. Could of destroyed a very promising career.

On what grounds. You have to be kidding yourself. AFL had a chance to stamp this type of incident out. Went soft. If an appeal is made, hopefully the correct penalty of 6 plus weeks is given. Could of destroyed a very promising career.
Could say that about a few hits in the past(including this season).

Interesting it was traditionalists enemy number 1 they decided to go loco on.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It is tiring having to repeat myself over and over , you can find my opinion on it.

What should be stamped out is players recklessly throwing their bodies into the line of fire merely to not give away a free kick. A free kick is nothing to a players long term health. Andrews could have got messed up in a number of ways doing what he did, and many of them are 100% legal in aussie rules. It is just silly to keep doing what he does, and an AFL coach agrees with me if it isn't obvious enough already.

IMO Cameron has nothing to answer for, his arms were in position to spoil the ball and he only had a fraction of a second to change his aim. Cameron wanting to hit the ball hard is not connected to him connecting with Andrews jaw at all, it is just a freak accident that sometimes happens. If anyone is honest with themselves the reason Cameron is going is because he went HARD at this contest with the knowledge he was going to make contact. That shouldn't be removed from aussie rules unless you want to turn it into soccer.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-25/look-before-you-leap-scott-urges-players

It is tiring having to repeat myself over and over , you can find my opinion on it.

What should be stamped out is players recklessly throwing their bodies into the line of fire merely to not give away a free kick. A free kick is nothing to a players long term health. Andrews could have got messed up in a number of ways doing what he did, and many of them are 100% legal in aussie rules. It is just silly to keep doing what he does, and an AFL coach agrees with me if it isn't obvious enough already.

IMO Cameron has nothing to answer for, his arms were in position to spoil the ball and he only had a fraction of a second to change his aim. Cameron wanting to hit the ball hard is not connected to him connecting with Andrews jaw at all, it is just a freak accident that sometimes happens.

I hope we follow up with the AFL why a staff member of ours has to leave the press room at your facility. At first glance it appears horribly professional, and possibly worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It isn't like Cameron was 100% on fire this season anyhow, if Greene comes back he easily replaces him goal wise I think. We won without Cameron already and have plenty of talls to take his role.
I like the confidence but Jezza was sitting 3rd in the Coleman yeah?

He wasnt exactly playing terrible. That's with a bung toe.

You have no idea. Cut the crap. At what point do you spoil with elbow cocked. No intention of spoiling. Wanted to hurt Andrews. Karma is a bitch. We owe him now. 4 weeks for breaking Mathieson’s jaw and now this. Not a ball player at all. Dog act!! Hope your season is now stuffed
He was putting his arms exactly where the ball was going before Andrews spoiled it. Watch the replay, two fists right where the ball was going to be.

Andrews shouldn't have recklessly avoided looking at the contest because he could have protected himself otherwise. The only coaching opportunity here is to educate players not to do what Andrews did, you would educate them to do exactly what Cameron did with his attack on the ball.

I like the confidence but Jezza was sitting 3rd in the Coleman yeah?

He wasnt exactly playing terrible. That's with a bung toe.

I can't see what Cameron does that Greene can't do better. Since we were missing Greene all year it is like a 1:1 replacement nearly provided he is healthy.

I can't see what Cameron does that Greene can't do better. Since we were missing Greene all year it is like a 1:1 replacement nearly provided he is healthy.
He just seems to get those easy goals.
Dont think he is necessarily better across the board.

Damn it now you have me reminiscing of a time when both Tobes and Jezza were healthy and unbanned.

He just seems to get those easy goals.
Dont think he is necessarily better across the board.

Damn it now you have me reminiscing of a time when both Tobes and Jezza were healthy and unbanned.

To me Cameron is a better long range goal kicker, but Greene is better everywhere else. He marks better, kicks better, gets frees better and takes opportunities better. He can also go into the midfield. Creative players like Greene give you the X factor to help win games.

Of course I don't know if the same player will return after this foot injury but he is more important to us than Cameron IMO. Patton seems to play better without Cameron in the team.

He was putting his arms exactly where the ball was going before Andrews spoiled it. Watch the replay, two fists right where the ball was going to be.

Andrews shouldn't have recklessly avoided looking at the contest because he could have protected himself otherwise. The only coaching opportunity here is to educate players not to do what Andrews did, you would educate them to do exactly what Cameron did with his attack on the ball.
Ever heard the term duty of care.

To me Cameron is a better long range goal kicker, but Greene is better everywhere else. He marks better, kicks better, gets frees better and takes opportunities better. He can also go into the midfield. Creative players like Greene give you the X factor to help win games.

Of course I don't know if the same player will return after this foot injury but he is more important to us than Cameron IMO.
Fingers crossed he will mate.

1 off if not the best small fwd in the game.

IMO Cameron has nothing to answer for, his arms were in position to spoil the ball and he only had a fraction of a second to change his aim. Cameron wanting to hit the ball hard is not connected to him connecting with Andrews jaw at all, it is just a freak accident that sometimes happens. If anyone is honest with themselves the reason Cameron is going is because he went HARD at this contest with the knowledge he was going to make contact. That shouldn't be removed from aussie rules unless you want to turn it into soccer.

I told you last night it would be Intentional and he would get more than 4 weeks. I hope the AFL appeals and gives him another 4 on top. Oh and did Mr Scott agree with you? no he didn't, no one does agree with on anything you have to say. Scott said it was alright of players to have a look at what was coming from behind then when going backwards and that he supports the bravery. Even if Andrews had a quick look he would have seen a pack forming and a collision was going to occur and probably he would still fly to spoil the ball from any marking attempt. What he couldn't have judged or expected was that one of those player would utensil his elbow, abandon any attempt to mark or spoil the ball and recklessly continue to lead into the pack with an elbow first and turn his head away so he couldn't see where that elbow would hit. Trying to say an AFL coach supports you in any way is ridiculous. You certainly don't have the smartest brain but you could have the smallest brain of any sports follower I've seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back