List Mgmt. Jeremy Cameron traded to Geelong

What will happen with Cameron?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So I now think Fred was right earlier it will be the Patrick Dangerfield model,our first rounder + second rounder + fringe player and GWS 46 back.
That would be silly as cameron is more than two years older than danger. We only get half as much peak years from cameron as we got from dangerfield.

Or breaks down - I don't think Stanleys career will be a long one. I do not want to lose Sav, he could literally be anything and those guys are worth carrying for a few years.

I agree and our ruck stocks are thin. Id trade guys like constable and narkle before sav purely on list needs.

At least Cameron has now formally nominated us.

Yep. And to tip it over the edge they can at least say they made us give something up to get him.

PS Give em 19 instead of 17.

The other option is trade those picks up the order or into future picks then threaten to take him in the draft if they match. If they will take say 13 + a R2 id trade if they want a lot more id go that way. They cant push for what we dont have.

Something approximating two picks in the teens.

I agree although the other option is we get them to take 10 as compo and then do a side trade that gets them one of our teens picks..essentially the same outcome via a different route.

The other option is trade those picks up the order or into future picks then threaten to take him in the draft if they match. If they will take say 13 + a R2 id trade if they want a lot more id go that way. They cant push for what we dont have.
Yep. We hold the cards to a certain extent because we know he won't be playing at GWS next season. It's all over but the shouting (melting).

I agree although the other option is we get them to take 10 as compo and then do a side trade that gets them one of our teens picks..essentially the same outcome via a different route.
I feel like this came up with Dangerfield and we know it didn’t happen. It’s just too smelly for the AFL to allow.

So I now think Fred was right earlier it will be the Patrick Dangerfield model,our first rounder + second rounder + fringe player and GWS 46 back.

Blue murder if we get away with that!

Why is it during trade week people dont use their heads and properly account for the age of the player you are trading for when evaluating what they are worth in draft picks?

its not that hard guys. its basic maths.

I dunno if you are doing this deliberately or not, but you want to compare a midfielder to an elite tall forward?
Whose worth more, Tom Hawkins or Cam Guthrie?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is it during trade week people dont use their heads and properly account for the age of the player you are trading for when evaluating what they are worth in draft picks?

Here’s some even more basic maths:

Tom Hawkins and Josh Kennedy have each kicked 270-odd goals since turning 28.

Maybe some look at the whole picture and assess whether the out come will produce a flag or two with how long we get out of them second.

I never said that.

Unless that's what happens.

I feel like this came up with Dangerfield and we know it didn’t happen. It’s just too smelly for the AFL to allow.

There are plenty of examples where they have allowed it and i doubt they block it with gws..under their rules they really cant if side deals are fair.

There are plenty of examples where they have allowed it and i doubt they block it with gws..under their rules they really cant if side deals are fair.
I know there are examples of perceived one sided deals being allowed but none (to my knowledge) that smell like RFA compo being manipulated.

Where would that stand compared to the compo pick?another factor here is if i'm right as it stands GWS don't have any picks until 3rd round having traded their fist rounder to the Crows last year.so they were not to worried about their list, they may yet be happy with pick 9? compo.

They will get pick 10 compo for Zac Williams.

Back