What will happen with Cameron?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

cats_09

Jun 21, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
WARNING TO ALL VISITORS TO THE GEELONG BOARD. You are - for the most part - welcome to discuss the current list management & trading situation at Geelong. However, this is our board, so be respectful of the home board posters & don't inflame arguments (make your points succinctly and move on). And if you're just here to troll, then don't bother or you will be enjoying a holiday

HaroLad

HaroChad
Dec 11, 2013
Baghdad
AFL Club
Geelong
Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 5.26.20 pm.png

I'm liking the wording on the GWS website.

'Jeremy Cameron WILL depart'

Back deal been done already?

Dink

Debutant
Nov 5, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
STAR forward Jeremy Cameron wants to play for Geelong in 2021.

A restricted free agent, Cameron informed Greater Western Sydney of his intentions on Monday afternoon.

It is a major result for the Cats just five days out from the club's first Grand Final since 2011.

"We are disappointed by this news, having tabled what we believe to have been a suitable offer to retain Jeremy," Giants head of football Jason McCartney said.

"With Jeremy being a restricted free agent, we have a number of avenues to now explore to get the best possible outcome for the Giants."

cats_09

Jun 21, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Wow wow wow

I loved when Dangerfield confirmed he wanted to come home and play for Geelong

But Cameron is a bigger FA acquisition - this isn't a player who wants to return home & the region, or play with his brother etc, such as we've Dangerfield, Scooter, Henderson etc

Now too see how this plays out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flander

Rookie
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
They'll probably get 2 first-round picks in compensation for him anyway.
I know the AFL like this policy to have some wiggle room - but is there any reference to them having the ability to award more than a first rounder as compensation? This point is critical for the "will they accept a first rounder or force a trade?" question.

1603089510253.png

Remove this Banner Ad