List Mgmt. Jeremy Cameron traded to Geelong

What will happen with Cameron?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We had some conflict behind the scenes. Yes it worked out but it could have easily resulted in losing Wells

We got a flag so it turned out well in the end. Wells ended up walking from the club for a small period of time. Had the potential to split the club

I could understand SW being upset and the ongoing waste of his efforts but a bit has changed since then. I wonder if we would trade the three picks now. The results would say every day of the week and twice on Sunday...but I do think our focus has moved towards redressing our lists age since Hocking has come in.

You'd better notify the All Australian selectors!

... I somewhat agree btw

There is an element of Ottens in Cameron in that respect. We recuited Ottens to solve of forward issues..not as a ruck. Cameron is not playing as a tradition CHF but just like with Ottens , it maybe be better for us the way it has fallen. Far harder to match up on ..and when he has a quite game he moves up. to the ball and gets involved

I think WELLS agitation at the cost of the deal overall was well served… it was a lot and his job is list manager not just one player manager.

That said - the price paid has worked out - and JC is IMO playing a hybrid role that fits this team list well and makes it very hard to match up on. It may change as Tomma retires and Neale gets into the mix but i imagine 2023 will be the same.

Perhaps an unintended consequence of the deal but I’d imagine Wells won’t think lightning will strike twice if someone comes asking for mega price deals again.

Go Catters

Nice melt. Not sure why you are getting so angry - I think it's fine to acknowledge that this trade could have been done better. Wells wanted one of following:
  • to pay the picks to get the job done on a more modest salary
  • pay a higher salary so he we get him as a free agent

We payed a massive amount in both salary and draft picks. As we increased our offer but not enough to scare away GWS and then payed through the nose with draft picks.
The "nice melt" routine is such a lazy form of rebuttal. I thought it would've been interesting to have a look at alternative trade and salary suggestions. If you even just said he was worth one or two first rounds, otherwise walk, then we're at least getting somewhere. Or what the starting salary suggestion should have been. Sorry to be rude, but otherwise it just looks like you're talking out of your arse.

Trade was worth it. Picks No.13, 15 and 20 and a future fourth-round selection for Cameron, and two second-round selections. Wells is a master in that space of the draft. Missing piece finally acquired, for around the overall pick value Kelly got us. Good talent coming through otherwise with Wells mastery of recruitment.

League MVP in his second season at the Cats (his first fit one). Absolute no brainer, just like Dangerfield. We're every chance to go deep for another couple of years.

Last edited:
Back