What will happen with Cameron?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

cats_09

Jun 21, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
WARNING TO ALL VISITORS TO THE GEELONG BOARD. You are - for the most part - welcome to discuss the current list management & trading situation at Geelong. However, this is our board, so be respectful of the home board posters & don't inflame arguments (make your points succinctly and move on). And if you're just here to troll, then don't bother or you will be enjoying a holiday

Tristan34

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm going to wait for the real thing and see what happens, because whilst they're both good players, that doesn't guarantee an on-field chemistry that will lead to the multitude of goals that are expected.

Many expected the Holy Trinity to be unbeatable too.......
i would agree if they were the same type of player. Teams can't 3 man Hawkins now...All we are missing up front IMO is a Eddie Betts type player...

you pick one

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
If we had a dominating first ruck we'd be equal flag favourites,it's been the achilleas for far to long now and every chance to be the rock we perish on again this season.I'd be tempted to get as many games into Fort as possible,he and Stanley to share the load Sav the back up should one need a break or injury.

Down at K Park

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
If we had a dominating first ruck we'd be equal flag favourites,it's been the achilleas for far to long now and every chance to be the rock we perish on again this season.I'd be tempted to get as many games into Fort as possible,he and Stanley to share the load Sav the back up should one need a break or injury.
Why? We already have a better ruckman than richmond. We need someone who can completely blanket dusty. That would make us favourites.

Either that or break his legs.

goyoucatters

Premiership Player
Jan 31, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Stockport County, Chicago Cubs
Why? We already have a better ruckman than richmond. We need someone who can completely blanket dusty. That would make us favourites.
The ruck issue is certainly not the reason we got done in the GF. As you say, look no further than their #4 for a really clear picture of that.

Stanley would actually sit quite comfortably amongst the names of the rucks that have ended up winning premierships in recent years. Last truly great premiership ruck was actually Otto for mine. We have a very capable #1 ruck when he's playing near his best. And it is then daylight after him to our next best option at this stage.

So I'm really hoping Rhys' body holds together for this year, at the very least. Our back-up isn't good enough, and our young prospects aren't ready.

strauchnyy

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Agree...i mean if you could get kreuger or dek to come on as a key back it frees up blitz to second ruck more. The other option is you run shorter when blitz rucks and trust kolo and hendo on the talls.

The long term plan for sav will be interesting..is he more a successor to hawkins or to stanley?
Hawkins successor.

He’s lost up the ground. His strengths are launching into packs close to goal. He either marks it with superior athleticism or he breaks it open with his strength.

Hawkins is 32. The partnership of Cameron + Sav is something good to look forward to

David the Cat

Dec 7, 2009
Thailand
AFL Club
Geelong
Latest posts here (now deleted) were completely off topic...this is the Jeremy Cameron thread...

Please be mindful of the thread topic before posting..thanks.

Mad_Hatter

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Since my saints did a Geelong (sh*t the bed in finals and shoot themselves in the foot to lose to a lesser team) I'm back on the AFL bandwagon.
I cannot ******* wait to see these 2 spearhead our attack this coming season, I just hope the coaches adopt a more attacking, faster movement game plan to suit our potent forward options.

dazbroncos

Max Rooke Appreciation Society
Oct 9, 2010
Los Angeles and Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Denver Broncos, Red Bull Racing
Since my saints did a Geelong (sh*t the bed in finals and shoot themselves in the foot to lose to a lesser team) I'm back on the AFL bandwagon.
I cannot ******* wait to see these 2 spearhead our attack this coming season, I just hope the coaches adopt a more attacking, faster movement game plan to suit our potent forward options.
at last you Saints got that far... but yeah.. its gonna be long road back ..no Brees and Cap hell in MArdi Gras territory.

GO Catters

MattTbone

Senior List
Jul 11, 2010
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Hey Guys!

Just posted a Jeremy Cameron Highlights video to get you all excited for 2021.

Enjoy.

Cataholic

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 11, 2009
a happy wanderer
AFL Club
Geelong
That adoption is key, in conjunction with an improvement in our accuracy by hand and foot, and being much more intelligent with our decision making.

We don't get those improvements and both Hawkins and Cameron will be hamstrung.

Whether we've changed the profile of our 22 enough to overcome the limitations we've suffered through age, an inability to sustain faster ball movement, or cope and perform under pressure obviously remains to be seen.

Turbocat

Hall of Famer
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Hawkins successor.

He’s lost up the ground. His strengths are launching into packs close to goal. He either marks it with superior athleticism or he breaks it open with his strength.

Hawkins is 32. The partnership of Cameron + Sav is something good to look forward to
Im not sure his Hawkns successor but Id agree that is his best chance for afll success. He does not have the smarts to be anything more than marks and kick.,.its whya i have been and advcate..ihm spend hours to get his kicking better. With little in play smarts he need to be a killer convertor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zeroman

Team Captain
Jul 19, 2006
Far Nth Qld
AFL Club
Geelong
This Jeremy Cameron... Is he the Harry Taylor replacement?

Drunkcat

Club Legend
Aug 31, 2018
Wagga Wagga
AFL Club
Geelong
Hey Guys!

Just posted a Jeremy Cameron Highlights video to get you all excited for 2021.

Enjoy.

Don't need to watch highlights With J Hunt then Stevie J and Simpson GWS was like a second side as i watched them every week....i would like to see him go back to hitting the packs hard for marks, he stopped that when he got suspended smashing someone when he was a bit late for the mark

Turbocat

Hall of Famer
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
I still think that even with Cameron and Hawkins in the same forward line the weakness will be the lack of quality small forwards.
astute and true... unless we can make more of ground balls, we will need to create more arial oppitunities. Even danger is more a mark option, if we compare him to Dusty , Danger is a much better much but it was his ground balls that killed us

It might be argued that someone like Greene may have been even more valuable.

I just hope someone like Evans or Tarheny can become that player

David the Cat

Dec 7, 2009
Thailand
AFL Club
Geelong
I still think that even with Cameron and Hawkins in the same forward line the weakness will be the lack of quality small forwards.
Miers and Higgins are a decent start....and I thought Brad Close showed he's up to AFL standard. He'll benefit from another pre season as well.

Hopefully a fully fit Dahlhaus can offer plenty up forward and there's a bit of talk about Evans as well.

Be interesting to see how this group perform in the lead up matches to the season's start.

catscollector

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
With two power KPF's, the small forwards should not be starved of opportunities. What they do with them.....?
Feels like we have bigger issues in the midfield as that is where teams get on top and overpower us. Selwood has declined to the point he is barely ahead of a Menegola or Guthrie and those two boys are well renown for falling away when the pressure is turned right up a notch or two.
We desperately need a young gun to emerge to help take the pressure away from Dangerfield and Selwood. Parfitt is still a long way from being elite.

Seeds

Hall of Famer
Sep 15, 2007
I don't know
AFL Club
Geelong
Feels like we have bigger issues in the midfield as that is where teams get on top and overpower us. Selwood has declined to the point he is barely ahead of a Menegola or Guthrie and those two boys are well renown for falling away when the pressure is turned right up a notch or two.
We desperately need a young gun to emerge to help take the pressure away from Dangerfield and Selwood. Parfitt is still a long way from being elite.
What young gun? We keep giving away all our draft picks.

Remove this Banner Ad