List Mgmt. Jeremy Cameron traded to Geelong

What will happen with Cameron?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Given how many have come across from other clubs I don’t see what’s so surprising.
A relevant response only if you regard Cameron as no better than the many who have come across from other clubs

A relevant response only if you regard Cameron as no better than the many who have come across from other clubs

You didn't get this excited about Sam Blease?

You didn't get this excited about Sam Blease?
Hmmm, I certainly did! A ranga to replace the just retired Ling, with pace to burn that the incumbent could only dream of! Pity reality didn't match the hype! 🙄😂

Hmmm, I certainly did! A ranga to replace the just retired Ling, with pace to burn that the incumbent could only dream of! Pity reality didn't match the hype! 🙄😂

Lesson for all DFA recruits. If they've been delisted by another team, especially a turd sandwich like Melbourne they're probably not any good.

Just my opinion - but re the jumper number i would have given him number 10 ( if it was available )

Reason for that - i think he is the closest player Geelong have had to the great John Sharrock

Booming left foot kick - and how he moves half forward / centre half forward - he is probably a little bit bigger than Sharrock - but Sharrock did play one year quite a few games at FB- so he wasnt small either

But Cameron is like Sharrock - all class - dangerous - quick - long left foot kick - lets hope he kicks plenty of goals
Interesting.
Worth recalling that Ablett senior and Polly were nothing like each other as players, yet very dominant and game winners.
Still see #5 as perfect for Jeremy.

It's yet to be proven. We've been told that every single acquisition has been outstanding from McIntosh and Rivers onwards (since 2012). In reality few have.
Put aside 2020. It was a challenging year for many AFL footballers in so many ways. I know one thing...no one needs to tell me that Jeremy Cameron is an uber talented footballer because I have seen what he can do. In terms of our experienced recruits, and on exposed talent, he'd be up there with Dangerfield and Ottens

It's yet to be proven. We've been told that every single acquisition has been outstanding from McIntosh and Rivers onwards (since 2012). In reality few have.

Dangerfield has been outstanding.
Rivers was very good.
Stanley has his Stanley moments but has still been miles better than any other ruck we have tried during the last 9 years.
Tuohy has been very good and very durable.
Henderson has always been high level for us when fit.
Rohan Dahlhaus etc have been perfectly fine considering what we paid for them (not much).

Apart from our failure to find a top shelf ruck we have clearly got a lot right.

Rivers was very good.
Stanley has his Stanley moments but has still been miles better than any other ruck we have tried during the last 9 years.
Rohan Dahlhaus etc have been perfectly fine considering what we paid for them (not much).

Apart from our failure to find a top shelf ruck we have clearly got a lot right.

There you go, rolling out those pesky facts again...

:rolleyes:

He can clearly be a good player, but whether the coach and team has the willingness and ability to modify our gameplan to the extent that it extracts the best from JC certainly remains to be seen.

He can clearly be a good player, but whether the coach and team has the willingness and ability to modify our gameplan to the extent that it extracts the best from JC certainly remains to be seen.
We have seen the best of Hawkins, Blicavs, Danger, Stewart, Stanley and Guthrie, all in very different roles and positions. No reason JC will not recapture his best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have seen the best of Hawkins, Blicavs, Danger, Stewart, Stanley and Guthrie, all in very different roles and positions. No reason JC will not recapture his best.

We could've seen better from Hawkins if we'd moved the ball to him quick enough to avoid 3 on 1's; thankfully the Blitz wing experiment has run its course, and it's taken a few years to get the best out of Guthrie.

Nothing is guaranteed. The wrong strategy and / or decisions re: individual players can impede them as we've seen.

We could've seen better from Hawkins if we'd moved the ball to him quick enough to avoid 3 on 1's; thankfully the Blitz wing experiment has run its course, and it's taken a few years to get the best out of Guthrie.

Nothing is guaranteed. The wrong strategy and / or decisions re: individual players can impede them as we've seen.
Can argue that we saw the best of Guthrie because of how he was used in the past, and the opportunities that came to him this year.
Blic still produced great games on the wing this year and we made the GF.
There is always going to be pressure on delivery into our forward line, but now we have 2 KF's. Back to the Hawkins Pods days we hope.

Even Menegola and Parfitt released from starvation corner have lifted. Game plan /selections/ rotations all determine to a degree a players impact. GFC will make sure Cameron gets full exposure. I think they will continue with Guthrie /Menegola/Parfitt and maybe from next year Stewart off the chain. Then Higgins hopefully in a new role and Smith as a back up to anyone mentioned above.

The thing about Cameron I found hilarious is people seem to think he won't get opportunity. When I saw people on other pages (generally from other flog clubs like Tiggies and Hawfies) that he won't recapture his form.

I watched a lot of football this year, including GWS, Cameron had a down year but being a key forward, getting delivery from a midfield who at times really didn't give a *, in a team that got pounded at times, isn't a good reflection on him.

The only way Cameron isn't in our top 2 goal kickers next year is either 1. he is played as a genuine CHF or higher up on the wing, or 2. He gets a serious injury.
If neither of those two unusual things occur, him and Hawkins will be our 2 main goal kickers next season.

The thing about Cameron I found hilarious is people seem to think he won't get opportunity. When I saw people on other pages (generally from other flog clubs like Tiggies and Hawfies) that he won't recapture his form.

I watched a lot of football this year, including GWS, Cameron had a down year but being a key forward, getting delivery from a midfield who at times really didn't give a fu**, in a team that got pounded at times, isn't a good reflection on him.

The only way Cameron isn't in our top 2 goal kickers next year is either 1. he is played as a genuine CHF or higher up on the wing, or 2. He gets a serious injury.
If neither of those two unusual things occur, him and Hawkins will be our 2 main goal kickers next season.

Yeah I don't see it either, I genuinely think there's almost zero chance they don't both kick 50+ goals each.
Just too good of players in their own right (with strengths that actually compliment each other) not to hit the scoreboard consistently.

Its just a fact that its yet to be proven. I do think Cameron's best form coincided with GWS fast ball movement and when they played slow or tried to in 2020..he had his worst year. He also played well when there was a legit big boy like Patton when playing well etc. In the end yes its got to be proven., and we do have to see how it will work.

However Id say the players we have brought have proportional level quality , probably best shown by what we have paid for them... obviously that would not have worked if we actually gain RFA's. Id say Cameron is pumped up to Danger levels. We have paid a lot for those two , i would hope we pump the expectation ball up to max Kpa on him as we did for Danger. .. and he is not hidden in orange anymore. How will he be in the big market. Yes we are not Rich or Collingwood ..but he will be seen by more , and play in many more big games in the hoops than he has so far.

Id say optimism is high for any player we bring in , or why bring them in.

Rivers was very good.

yep
yep, although I think him coming in probably cost us someone.. Hamling who would have got games bar him being at Geelong
yep, has proved the trade out ..although Im sure plenty including myself thought 21 was paying for scotch fillet and taking home chuck beef.
yep hard to argue we have done well , but in a way its River revisited if we do not get games into the likes of Clark
Yepish, thought for a P1 , a KPF,KPD was worth the cost. Just KPD a little overs imo...ironically now a rookie and is at his most useful level
Yep, although I think both have show why they probably are not agrade. The sooner we have better players push them out the better

Last edited:
Its just a fact that its yet to be proven. I do think Cameron's best form coincided with GWS fast ball movement and when they played slow or tried to in 2020..he had his worst year. He also played well when there was a legit big boy like Patton when playing well etc. In the end yes its got to be proven., and we do have to see how it will work.

However Id say the players we have brought have proportional level quality , probably best shown by what we have paid for them... obviously that would not have worked if we actually gain RFA's. Id say Cameron is pumped up to Danger levels. We have paid a lot for those two , i would hope we pump the expectation ball up to max Kpa on him as we did for Danger. .. and he is not hidden in orange anymore. How will he be in the big market. Yes we are not Rich or Collingwood ..but he will be seen by more , and play in many more big games in the hoops than he has so far.

Id say optimism is high for any player we bring in , or why bring them in.

yep
yep, although I think him coming in probably cost us someone.. Hamling who would have got games bar him being at Geelong
yep, has proved the trade out ..although Im sure plenty including myself thought 21 was paying for scotch fillet and taking home chuck beef.
yep hard to argue we have done well , but in a way its River revisited if we do not get games into the likes of Clark
Yepish, thought for a P1 , a KPF,KPD was worth the cost. Just KPD a little overs imo...ironically now a rookie and is at his most useful level
Yep, although I think both have show why they probably are not agrade. The sooner we have better players push them out the better

We did a delist and re rookie attempt with hamling so we could main list blease it was him not rivers and stanley that cost stanley a spot. Agree with the rest of your post.

We did a delist and re rookie attempt with hamling so we could main list blease it was him not rivers and stanley that cost stanley a spot. Agree with the rest of your post.

If Hamling had been played in Y3 things may have been different...but when you demote you really are conceding that something has not worked and you hope no one else likes him..

Back