List Mgmt. Jeremy Cameron traded to Geelong

What will happen with Cameron?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm going to wait for the real thing and see what happens, because whilst they're both good players, that doesn't guarantee an on-field chemistry that will lead to the multitude of goals that are expected.

Many expected the Holy Trinity to be unbeatable too.......

To be fair, the combo of Ablett, Bartel & Corey was pretty bloody impressive

It was.

I was referring to the trinity of Ablett, Selwood and Danger that was expected, by some, to be a unbeatable, dominant force.
I'm aware of that, and in their prime they may well have been - funnily enough, we almost looked at our best when 2 of those guys moved to the forward lines

But as Partridge said - important to check birth certificates before making such claims

My ideal forwardline/best 6:

HF. Higgins - Hawkins - Miers
FF. Danger - Cameron - Dahlhaus

In reality, danger is better for us a mid and can play 25% forward swapping with Higgins. Smith can spend minutes as a high half forward.

Miers needs to be closer to goal where his strengths of being a crafty goal kicker are.

I like Hawkins up the ground and having a more mobile line closer to goal. Hawk is a great kick going inside 50 but both Cameron and Hawkins can play FF/CHF well. Depends on match ups

Dahl is still our best pressure player and we need pressure in the modern game. But I’d like more goals from him. If our forwards worked as one with team pressure we may not need him. I’d like to see Close take his spot by exerting the same pressure but also being more dangerous around goal.

I want Simpson in the team who is a true mid but he may need to spend 50% on a hff to get games.

Rohan and Atkins are surplus for mine. Cameron essentially replaces Rohan in the side as that quick mobile marking player. Krueger the true collateral damage though with Cameron’s arrival. Jenkins was never a hope the second we got him.

I’d love to find room for sav. But not sure we can fit 3 talls?

Parfitt into 100% mid time for 2021 and beyond. He’s done his time as a mid playing in the forward line.

Last edited:
Dangerfield has been outstanding.
Rivers was very good.
Stanley has his Stanley moments but has still been miles better than any other ruck we have tried during the last 9 years.
Tuohy has been very good and very durable.
Henderson has always been high level for us when fit.
Rohan Dahlhaus etc have been perfectly fine considering what we paid for them (not much).

Apart from our failure to find a top shelf ruck we have clearly got a lot right.

I would consider what they do on the field to be far more important than what the cost is.

Surprised Steven wasn't on the list.

My ideal forwardline/best 6:

FF. Danger - Cameron - Dahlhaus

In reality, danger is better for us a mid and can play 25% forward swapping with Higgins. Smith can spend minutes as a high half forward.

Miers needs to be closer to goal where his strengths of being a crafty goal kicker are.

I like Hawkins up the ground and having a more mobile line closer to goal. Hawk is a great kick going inside 50 but both Cameron and Hawkins can play FF/CHF well. Depends on match ups

Dahl is still our best pressure player and we need pressure in the modern game. But I’d like more goals from him. If our forwards worked as one with team pressure we may not need him. I’d like to see Close take his spot by exerting the same pressure but also being more dangerous around goal.

I want Simpson in the team who is a true mid but he may need to spend 50% on a hff to get games.

Rohan and Atkins are surplus for mine. Cameron essentially replaces Rohan in the side as that quick mobile marking player. Krueger the true collateral damage though with Cameron’s arrival. Jenkins was never a hope the second we got him.

I’d love to find room for sav. But not sure we can fit 3 talls?

Parfitt into 100% mid time for 2021 and beyond. He’s done his time as a mid playing in the forward line.
I don't see Cameron as a replacement for Rohan. Rohan has genuine high end speed and creates perceived pressure as a result. His effort is at 100% percent and I think we need a player of his size and speed. Whilst I would like him to hold more marks he hits packs hard and is seldom out marked in those situations at least causing the ball to come to ground. If we play a longer kicking more direct game then his pace will be of even greater value.

Last edited:
FF. Kreuger - Cameron - Rohan

Danger in the middle resting in the forward line.
Blood Kreuger with an eye on the future

None of those three talls can ruck though..if we go a third tall it will be sav as he can ruck.

Kreugers best chance of getting games is as a key back to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There will be strong competition for a forward line spot. There will be pressure on Daulhaus, Rohan and Miers to be consistently at their best. There's Evans, Taheny, Krugger and Close all improving. I expect Taheny and Evans to get an opportunity up front this year.

There will be strong competition for a forward line spot. There will be pressure on Daulhaus, Rohan and Miers to be consistently at their best. There's Evans, Taheny, Krugger and Close all improving. I expect Taheny and Evans to get an opportunity up front this year.
yes but only if that is made clear by the coaching staff, and in fact sincerely implemented by MC.

None of those three talls can ruck though..if we go a third tall it will be sav as he can ruck.

Kreugers best chance of getting games is as a key back to me.

How we fit Blitz in will be key but it seems he is the relief ruck but what happens when we need him against a very good forward. WE have several med sized defenders taht are versatile but it also is a bit restrictive.

Camerons recruitment makes it harder for Sav to play as a forward. He best get good at rucking in the VFL

How we fit Blitz in will be key but it seems he is the relief ruck but what happens when we need him against a very good forward. WE have several med sized defenders taht are versatile but it also is a bit restrictive.

Camerons recruitment makes it harder for Sav to play as a forward. He best get good at rucking in the VFL

Agree...i mean if you could get kreuger or dek to come on as a key back it frees up blitz to second ruck more. The other option is you run shorter when blitz rucks and trust kolo and hendo on the talls.

The long term plan for sav will be interesting..is he more a successor to hawkins or to stanley?

I'm going to wait for the real thing and see what happens, because whilst they're both good players, that doesn't guarantee an on-field chemistry that will lead to the multitude of goals that are expected.

Many expected the Holy Trinity to be unbeatable too.......

i would agree if they were the same type of player. Teams can't 3 man Hawkins now...All we are missing up front IMO is a Eddie Betts type player...

If we had a dominating first ruck we'd be equal flag favourites,it's been the achilleas for far to long now and every chance to be the rock we perish on again this season.I'd be tempted to get as many games into Fort as possible,he and Stanley to share the load Sav the back up should one need a break or injury.

If we had a dominating first ruck we'd be equal flag favourites,it's been the achilleas for far to long now and every chance to be the rock we perish on again this season.I'd be tempted to get as many games into Fort as possible,he and Stanley to share the load Sav the back up should one need a break or injury.
Why? We already have a better ruckman than richmond. We need someone who can completely blanket dusty. That would make us favourites.

Either that or break his legs.

Why? We already have a better ruckman than richmond. We need someone who can completely blanket dusty. That would make us favourites.

The ruck issue is certainly not the reason we got done in the GF. As you say, look no further than their #4 for a really clear picture of that.

Stanley would actually sit quite comfortably amongst the names of the rucks that have ended up winning premierships in recent years. Last truly great premiership ruck was actually Otto for mine. We have a very capable #1 ruck when he's playing near his best. And it is then daylight after him to our next best option at this stage.

So I'm really hoping Rhys' body holds together for this year, at the very least. Our back-up isn't good enough, and our young prospects aren't ready.

Agree...i mean if you could get kreuger or dek to come on as a key back it frees up blitz to second ruck more. The other option is you run shorter when blitz rucks and trust kolo and hendo on the talls.

The long term plan for sav will be interesting..is he more a successor to hawkins or to stanley?

Hawkins successor.

He’s lost up the ground. His strengths are launching into packs close to goal. He either marks it with superior athleticism or he breaks it open with his strength.

Hawkins is 32. The partnership of Cameron + Sav is something good to look forward to

Latest posts here (now deleted) were completely off topic...this is the Jeremy Cameron thread...

Please be mindful of the thread topic before posting..thanks.

Since my saints did a Geelong (s**t the bed in finals and shoot themselves in the foot to lose to a lesser team) I'm back on the AFL bandwagon.
I cannot ******* wait to see these 2 spearhead our attack this coming season, I just hope the coaches adopt a more attacking, faster movement game plan to suit our potent forward options.

Back