List Mgmt. Jeremy Cameron traded to Geelong

What will happen with Cameron?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I tend to see it the other way. We were close to winning the flag last year. But it wasn't the forwardline that was letting us down.
Richmond winning flags with Shaun Grigg as ruckman prove that the rucks weren’t the deciding factor. The forward line was 100% the reason we didn’t get it done. No knock on our forwards last year they had a great season but having two key forwards who can win one on ones every week is a huge factor and we didn’t have that! Poor Tom had 3 blokes every week and still played well. Also danger playing in the midfield instead of out of the goal square is huge. We often forget that’s his position not FF.

Hey Guys.

I made highlights video of Jeremy Cameron's first season in the hoops (so far). Hopefully he gets back from injury soon.

Enjoy!

Richmond winning flags with Shaun Grigg as ruckman prove that the rucks weren’t the deciding factor. The forward line was 100% the reason we didn’t get it done. No knock on our forwards last year they had a great season but having two key forwards who can win one on ones every week is a huge factor and we didn’t have that! Poor Tom had 3 blokes every week and still played well. Also danger playing in the midfield instead of out of the goal square is huge. We often forget that’s his position not FF.

Shaun Grigg taking 4-6 ruck contest isn't a deciding factor but Nank dominating is.

Shaun Grigg taking 4-6 ruck contest isn't a deciding factor but Nank dominating is.
We kept losing big games because we failed to convert our periods of dominance to goals (especially early in first quarters) and this allowed opponents to establish undeserved leads which we had to try and claw back

It happened time after time after time.

The obvious solution was another gun goalkicker.

To wit, Cameron.

We kept losing big games because we failed to convert our periods of dominance to goals (especially early in first quarters) and this allowed opponents to establish undeserved leads which we had to try and claw back

To wit, Cameron.

And just getting the goal when badly needed when play is against you, as we saw v Essendon before he was taken away.

As an aside, I think if we keep winning, we won’t see Cameron till the St Kilda game. Though he will be keen to play v Giants.

To wit, Cameron.

This is probably the crux of my preoccupation with conversion. Add the innate ability of great forward goal mechanics that seem to be able to make something from non advantageous situations. Look at the goals missed by losing sides in big games and goals converted. For eg. Chappy in 09. Bartel in 11 Just last year I think Martin only had the ball in his had for 8 seconds for his 4 goals.

Cameron's setshot conversion and his left foot snaps significantly improve the maximisation of chances created and offered to our forwards.

This is probably the crux of my preoccupation with conversion. Add the innate ability of great forward goal mechanics that seem to be able to make something from non advantageous situations. Look at the goals missed by losing sides in big games and goals converted. For eg. Chappy in 09. Bartel in 11 Just last year I think Martin only had the ball in his had for 8 seconds for his 4 goals.

Cameron's setshot conversion and his left foot snaps significantly improve the maximisation of chances created and offered to our forwards.
Good point, and yes he definitely knows where the goals are. But if there's been an improvement in our conversion this year (I'm not sure if there has..) I wouldn't attribute it to the addition of just one player. We had already in 2020 developed a system and a forwardline that was converting at a very high rate. And just looking at the game against Freo, it's not like what we lacked was another marking target inside 50. On the other hand if we had had a ruck that could compete with the likes of Darcy, can you imagine what a difference that would make?

... and so it proved again against St Kilda Turbo - 4 goals straight, which included two very important set shots in the first half when we were struggling - it's become something of Jeremy Cameron's signature during his brief time at Geelong.
32.10 in 2021 speaks for itself.
I posted pre-game that I was hoping Cameron's reappearance after an extended lay-off might somewhat mitigate the sorrow of losing Stewart for 2021, and he certainly provided me with some genuine enjoyment today, can ask for much more than that. Goal on the right peg in the last quarter was noted, too.

... and so it proved again against St Kilda Turbo - 4 goals straight, which included two very important set shots in the first half when we were struggling - it's become something of Jeremy Cameron's signature during his brief time at Geelong.
I posted pre-game that I was hoping Cameron's reappearance after an extended lay-off might somewhat mitigate the sorrow of losing Stewart for 2021, and he certainly provided me with some genuine enjoyment today, can ask for much more than that. Goal on the right peg in the last quarter was noted, too.

Yep.....he's a star...

Right now he's worth 3 top 10 picks, made out like bandits we did.
Roll the picks further back, how we got them and the trades to do so, and it's insane the value.

The fact we got Holmes as well just makes it even more amazing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Three first round draft picks with two second rounders coming back?

Steal of the century. He’s worth that x3.

Absolute gun. Fantastic trade. Heres hoping he can help us win the flag this year.

Thought he had more confidence in the hamstring this week, was jumping at the ball more.

Took a couple of strong overhead marks, something that had been lacking from his game pre- the recent injury lay-off.

Not unreasonable to suggest that if he’d played the full season he would have been a walk up AA and strong Coleman chance (ave. 2.9 goals per game, only behind McKay on 3.1).

All bodes well for the next month.

In an interview he mentioned that it was not always the case, early on he had to work on his set shots. I find that extremely admirable. Most weeks , most forwardlines are given enough chances to win... Stk yesterday really pushed us because of conversion. King was good early.

In an interview he mentioned that it was not always the case, early on he had to work on his set shots. I find that extremely admirable. Most weeks , most forwardlines are given enough chances to win... Stk yesterday really pushed us because of conversion. King was good early.

Someone posted a compilation of Cameron's 2020 highlights with the Giants on this board at the start of the year, might've been an oppo poster - anyway, I know Cameron's form was down last season, but I watched the video and was mostly struck by his set shot kicking - absolute money.
Always liked Cameron as a player prior to him joining us, but I don't think I realised just how skillful his finishing is.

Max King threatened to single-handedly beat us off his own boot both times we played the Saints this year; what a talent, all is not lost at St Kilda while they have this kid to build around.
Pretty fortunate to have had a swing at both Nick Riewoldt and now Max King via the draft, the trick for them from here is to complement King's ability with the right pieces to maximize his talent. Rowan Marshall and Jack Steele two very good planks to work with for starters.

Last edited:
Someone posted a compilation of Cameron's 2020 highlights with the Giants on this board at the start of the year, might've been an oppo poster - anyway, I know Cameron's form was down last season, but I watched the video and was mostly struck by his set shot kicking - absolute money.
Always liked Cameron as a player prior to him joining us, but I don't think I realised just how skillful his finishing is.

Max King threatened to single-handedly beat us off his own boot both times we played the Saints this year; what a talent, all is not lost at St Kilda while they have this kid to build around.
Pretty fortunate to have had a swing at both Nick Riewoldt and now Max King via the draft, the trick for them from here is to complement King's ability with the right pieces to maximize his talent. Rowan Marshall and Jack Steele two very good planks to work with for starters.

Missed this post somehow...

Part of my appreciation for the guys who won games for us in those previous eras was they kicked the goals they should , and they made goals from low grade chances. So much effort seems to be wasted in the game now, and reducing the game down to conversion is a simplification but playing badly can look a lot better when you just finish.

To wit, Cameron.
Bit of a win-win that perhaps Fred. Hogan may turn out to be ok and they've picked-up a nice handful of early draft picks. They may yet win the silverware before us. There, I've said it.

Back