Traded Jeremy Cameron [traded w/ 2x 2021 R2 (ESS/GWS) to Geelong for #13, #15, #20 and 2021 R4]

Remove this Banner Ad

Lore

Moderator ❀
Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
And I think we'll draw a line under this here folks. You've had your fun.

From here on out don't be surprised to find yourself with thread ban or infraction points, in particular for playing the man and trolling.

That includes baiting entire supporter groups, dragging discussions off club boards, name calling, troll names, and so on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shadow89

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Lol. I'll back my club on Harry McKay and a healthy (touchwood) Chuck Curnow going forwards Jezza Cameron whose best years of footy are arguably behind him.

Look it may seem I might have gone a bit overboard on this transaction, still firmly believe you lot overpaid.

But as I say, if the Cats win a flag or two with Jez, it would be well worth it for your lot and I would happily own up to being mistaken, but for your list's age and demographic, it is a pretty big risk (in my opinion)

Only a handful of players in the league I would give 3 First Round Picks for tbh (Rowell, Rankine, Max King, Walsh, Rozee and Petracca)

If Cameron was 25 or younger, I would say it was a great deal for Geelong, but given Cameron's age and KPF's limited lifespan in the game these days, I think it was overs.

Time will tell I guess I suppose.
The fact that you still don't understand it was two separate trades, is crazy by this point lol. McCartney has said it. Wells has said it. Cook said it today...it's really straightforward.

It was:

GEELONG OUT: 13, 15 and a Future 4th
GEELONG IN: Cameron and a Future 2nd (GWS)

That's the trade...that's it.

The other trade took until literally the last minute, because Dodo was screwing around with the Caldwell trade. Once GWS got that Essendon Future 2nd, we agreed to give them our 3rd first in this year's draft. If they hadn't of gotten it, the second trade would not have happened and it would have been the above one.

That's it. That's all there is. Who knows how it will eventuate or pan out, but both team's supporters are relatively happy. It's only the non-supporters that seem to be getting in the middle of it all creating conflict where there is none. If you think we overpaid, that's your business. 13, 15 and a Pick 70 or so for Cameron and a Pick 25-30 or so, is not what I would call 'overs' by any stretch.

Each to their own though.

Virus

I’m pretty good looking
Oct 24, 2020
AFL Club
Geelong
I’d back us in to keep on reloading so when someone such as Joel Selwood retires most likely after one last season we’d have an immediate replacement incoming and keeping us up. Seems to be what we’ve been doing since about 2015. I imagine Cameron just gives what the club would have assumed in 2 more years near the top an extra 3 more.

Boxhead_31

Rompinwins is my Chauffeur
Oct 12, 2007
This Drinking Team has a Football Problem
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
South BHFL, 49ers
Is it that just now the footy media are starting to realise that Cameron wasn't traded by himself and that they've only just twigged that there were draft picks coming back with him in exchange for those 3 first-round picks?

"Greater Western Sydney stole headlines after becoming the first club to pocket three first-round picks in a trade when it finally relinquished Jeremy Cameron.
But in the frantic final two minutes of trade period, the Cats also received two future draft picks, which are likely to fall in the 20s. If the ladder is repeated then Geelong will hold picks 17, 24, 27 and 35 next year."

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Is it that just now the footy media are starting to realise that Cameron wasn't traded by himself and that they've only just twigged that there were draft picks coming back with him in exchange for those 3 first-round picks?

"Greater Western Sydney stole headlines after becoming the first club to pocket three first-round picks in a trade when it finally relinquished Jeremy Cameron.
But in the frantic final two minutes of trade period, the Cats also received two future draft picks, which are likely to fall in the 20s. If the ladder is repeated then Geelong will hold picks 17, 24, 27 and 35 next year."

Not sure but I do know Cats fans keep trying to bring it up.
Giants did better than the compensation and managed to weaken a rival at the same time. Win-win.

Remove this Banner Ad