Traded Jeremy Cameron [traded w/ 2x 2021 R2 (ESS/GWS) to Geelong for #13, #15, #20 and 2021 R4]

Who won this trade?

• GWS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geelong

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.da...n/news-story/a1c149d594c430ce44a300dd9f459cef

GWS has been put on high alert after claims Hawthorn are poised to launch a “ruthless” poaching raid on Giants superstars Stephen Coniglio and Jeremy Cameron.

https://amp.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...d/news-story/d84aee46a67d505a06921f6cac86cf5e

Geelong is eyeing Greater Western Sydney superstar Jeremy Cameron as part of the club’s long-term succession plan for veteran spearhead Tom Hawkins.

Please list all your offers of a future 4th round pick here :thumbsu:

Last edited by a moderator:

Alphonse_

Matching On Together
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Key word here is contracted.

I feel bad for the gullible fools who think their club has a chance to nab him.

Hawthorn have less appealing trade assets than any other club, traded their only decent young prospect last season, and don't have enough good picks to get a deal done.

Geelong in a similar boat. This is a typical clickbait article, not worth reading even if you're on the can.

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
How, in your imagination, is that going to happen?
You lost Shiel, Treloar, Adams, Lobb, Scully, Wilson, Boyd, Hampton, Smith, Tyson, Plowman, Marchbank, McCarthy, Kennedy and more. Stop acting like you have some amazing player retention and never lose your best players. If they want out they’ll leave.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Can’t see the hawks trading for Cameron, they have nothing to trade with.
Can't see us being interested in trading him anyway. When he signed for 5 years in 2015 we had cap concessions and the cash that likely meant his contract was front ended. For the first couple of years we didn't have the cash to spend all we were allowed but by then we would have.

If it wasn't front ended it would be a significant outlay around $1m a season reputedly. All the indications are he's settied and happy though.

Nugett

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Can't see us being interested in trading him anyway. When he signed for 5 years in 2015 we had cap concessions and the cash that likely meant his contract was front ended. For the first couple of years we didn't have the cash to spend all we were allowed but by then we would have.

If it wasn't front ended it would be a significant outlay around $1m a season reputedly. All the indications are he's settied and happy though.

If the giants decide to move on a forward, I would have thought that Patton would be the one to be honest. Cameron is the present, Himmlberg is the future. So clubs l8ke Hawthorn and Geelong can look at trying to get him, but this year GWS has the cards, I’d be wanting 3 first rounders, or at least 2 top 10 picks for Cameron.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
I have no doubt that what the media are reporting is probably right, the Cats and Hawks would be keen on getting Cameron... As would 15 other clubs. He is contracted and not a single chance in hell that the Giants let him go. His start to this season is unbelievable and being massively underrated at the moment, going no where.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
You lost Shiel, Treloar, Adams, Lobb, Scully, Wilson, Boyd, Hampton, Smith, Tyson, Plowman, Marchbank, McCarthy, Kennedy and more. Stop acting like you have some amazing player retention and never lose your best players. If they want out they’ll leave.
Mmmm

We had a reducing list size and a cap reducing to normality. I of course never made any such claim. Now you mention it fhough it has been pretty amazing.
You stated they're leaving, why?

Mantastic

Premiership Player
Jun 22, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man City, Cleveland Browns
The Geelong interest is being reported for end of 2020 season, not this year. So, he'll be an FA at that point.

Even so, seems highly unlikely but he's the exact player we need to replace Hawkins.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The Geelong interest is being reported for end of 2020 season, not this year. So, he'll be an FA at that point.

Even so, seems highly unlikely but he's the exact player we need to replace Hawkins.
He'll be a restricted free agent, meaning if GWS want to keep him (I'm sure they would) they can match whatever offer is made. Given Geelong's policy on contract sizes, I doubt the offer is big enough to put GWS off, so it's likely Geelong will end up having to trade for him if an offer did occur.

If Patton leaves this year as some seem to think, then I highly, highly doubt GWS let Cameron go

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
He'll be a restricted free agent, meaning if GWS want to keep him (I'm sure they would) they can match whatever offer is made. Given Geelong's policy on contract sizes, I doubt the offer is big enough to put GWS off, so it's likely Geelong will end up having to trade for him if an offer did occur.

If Patton leaves this year as some seem to think, then I highly, highly doubt GWS let Cameron go
Actually no-one has suggested he wants to go. A couple of journalists have written clickbait articles suggesting the Cats and Hawks are targeting him (unsourced) or should be.

Nothing really.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Actually no-one has suggested he wants to go. A couple of journalists have sruttencl8ckbait articles suggesting the Cats and Hawks are targeting him (unsourced) or should be.

Nothing really.
Yeah I was never under the impression he wanted out - all I'd heard was baseless rumours of Geelong/Hawks interest. For all we know he could be planning to sign another extension this year and this thread is entirely pointless (which it probably is regardless)

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS

You really think your list management team would be that focussed this far out?

2 years is a looong time in the AFL, and a lot can happen.

You really think your list management team would be that focussed this far out?

2 years is a looong time in the AFL, and a lot can happen.

List management and draft teams plan a lot longer than 2 years out.

Back