Traded Jeremy Cameron [traded w/ 2x 2021 R2 (ESS/GWS) to Geelong for #13, #15, #20 and 2021 R4]

Who won this trade?

• GWS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geelong

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers, Celta Vigo, LA Rams
The fact they said all along they would not bend under any circumstances and give 3 First Round Picks away is the issue I have with it.

I honestly think they should have given away a battler like Ratagolua instead of a third first round pick, now granted the player has to agree to be traded, but on an open market, Ratagolua would be worth a mid 3rd round pick (at best)

If they win a flag with Jezza, it will be all worth it I suppose, still not convinced a forward line of Hawkins and Cameron can function properly either.. (but then again, I thought the same about Riewoldt and Tim Hawkins)

For an aging list, they are putting all their eggs in the one (Dangerflag) basket.

Ding dong stupid post alert.

We were giving up 13, 15 for Cameron and a 2nd but Wells decided to give up 20 for another 2nd. That's why there were conflicting reports of what we gave up once it was announced.

Esava is great and all but pick 20 could be anything! It could be someone with the upside of Esava!!

Players at pick 20 average 70 career games and these are the last pick 20s:

Tim Broomhead. 37 games in 8 seasons due to injury and got delisted.
Jack Leslie. 20 games in 6 seasons and got delisted.
Jayden Laverde. 46 games in 6 seasons so far.
Brayden Fiorini. 42 games in 5 seasons so far.
Isaac Cumming. 9 games in 4 seasons so far.
Callum Coleman-Jones. 1 game in 3 seasons so far.
Riley Collier-Dawkins. Yet to debut.
Sam Philp. 2 games in his debut season.

Esava has played 40 games already in 3 seasons so far and is touted to be our next big forward.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
The fact they said all along they would not bend under any circumstances and give 3 First Round Picks away is the issue I have with it.

I honestly think they should have given away a battler like Ratagolua instead of a third first round pick, now granted the player has to agree to be traded, but on an open market, Ratagolua would be worth a mid 3rd round pick (at best)

If they win a flag with Jezza, it will be all worth it I suppose, still not convinced a forward line of Hawkins and Cameron can function properly either.. (but then again, I thought the same about Riewoldt and Tim Hawkins)

For an aging list, they are putting all their eggs in the one (Dangerflag) basket.

You seem grumpy. Our side would no doubt be better if we could put a number 1 draft pick on every line but some clubs don't get that luxury.

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS

We were giving up 13, 15 for Cameron and a 2nd but Wells decided to give up 20 for another 2nd. That's why there were conflicting reports of what we gave up once it was announced.

Esava is great and all but pick 20 could be anything! It could be someone with the upside of Esava!!

Esava has played 40 games already in 3 seasons so far and is touted to be our next big forward.
If that’s what pick 20 gets you then those second rounders you guys picked up aren’t worth much are they.

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers, Celta Vigo, LA Rams
If that’s what pick 20 gets you then those second rounders you guys picked up aren’t worth much are they.

Considering they'll land around the same number, but in a stronger draft, I trust Wells more than a nuffie on BigFooty.

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
We’re stoked that we got your 3 first round picks. You can have 2nd rounders.
Especially after the Cats contacted us asking us not to match.
Cheers.

glad to hear your happy as well as the geelong board. Rare trade situation everyone feels good about then.

wells actually throwed pick 20 ( 26 ish) in there for essendon s second rounder next year as he preferred to get the better hand in a strong draft. Originally it was pick 15-18 + pick 18-22 for Cameron and your second rounder next year probably similar to where you finished this year so an early second around 25-30. The other pick only came into it because wells wanted the pick exchange.

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
Geelong fans are in denial that Stephen Wells did what he promised that he wouldn't and folded and gave into the Giants demands.

Can see the Giants easily making the 8 again next year and thus one ot their 2nd round picks they got back from GWS will be pushed back into the 40s.

Everyone knows the Giants won this trade (even if only from a PR point of view) and all the assets the Cats for Tim Kelly has been squandered on a restricted free agent.

oh boy, you know your club did extremely well in the trade deal when you see angry sulking posts like this one. Keep up the good work

PrinceCharles

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton

It'd be a fun battle to watch. James Cameron and Taylor Lynch versus Jacob Reiwoldt and Tim Hawkins.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

You don't seriously believe your last comment do You? He is a certified spud.

oh boy, you know your club did extremely well in the trade deal when you see angry sulking posts like this one. Keep up the good work

Not really.

Getting Cameron will not solve the holes in your list that exposed by the Fighting Fury on Grand Final Day and Port in the Qualifying Final.

You need to start regenerating that midfield and get more leg speed into it ASAP.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
You don't seriously believe your last comment do You? He is a certified spud.

Not really.

Getting Cameron will not solve the holes in your list that exposed by the Fighting Fury on Grand Final Day and Port in the Qualifying Final.

You need to start regenerating that midfield and get more leg speed into it ASAP.

Ok that is the end of taking your posts seriously. He is a quite promising ruck forward, which is a very difficult position to play effectively.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Ok that is the end of taking your posts seriously. He is a quite promising ruck forward, which is a very difficult position to play effectively.

Lol. Never seen someone drop so many basic, uncontested marks since Ricky Mott.

I am extremely confident, no certain that the player The Giants will draft at pick 20 (or whatever it becomes after academy push backs) will be a much better player than Ratagolua.

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
I actually don’t think we can say if GWS or GFC won this for Atleast the next 3 years.
To see what GWS do with there picks and if Cameron/Geelong and the picks are worth it.

Considering this pissing contest is still going is sad, Elmer_Judd Giant Pete we get your point.
Your Jealous

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I actually don’t think we can say if GWS or GFC won this for Atleast the next 3 years.
To see what GWS do with there picks and if Cameron/Geelong and the picks are worth it.

Considering this pissing contest is still going is sad, Elmer_Judd Giant Pete we get your point.
Your Jealous

Lol. I'll back my club on Harry McKay and a healthy (touchwood) Chuck Curnow going forwards Jezza Cameron whose best years of footy are arguably behind him.

Look it may seem I might have gone a bit overboard on this transaction, still firmly believe you lot overpaid.

But as I say, if the Cats win a flag or two with Jez, it would be well worth it for your lot and I would happily own up to being mistaken, but for your list's age and demographic, it is a pretty big risk (in my opinion)

Only a handful of players in the league I would give 3 First Round Picks for tbh (Rowell, Rankine, Max King, Walsh, Rozee and Petracca)

If Cameron was 25 or younger, I would say it was a great deal for Geelong, but given Cameron's age and KPF's limited lifespan in the game these days, I think it was overs.

Time will tell I guess I suppose.

Roby

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Lol. I'll back my club on Harry McKay and a healthy (touchwood) Chuck Curnow going forwards Jezza Cameron whose best years of footy are arguably behind him.

Look it may seem I might have gone a bit overboard on this transaction, still firmly believe you lot overpaid.

But as I say, if the Cats win a flag or two with Jez, it would be well worth it for your lot and I would happily own up to being mistaken, but for your list's age and demographic, it is a pretty big risk (in my opinion)

Only a handful of players in the league I would give 3 First Round Picks for tbh (Rowell, Rankine, Max King, Walsh, Rozee and Petracca)

If Cameron was 25 or younger, I would say it was a great deal for Geelong, but given Cameron's age and KPF's limited lifespan in the game these days, I think it was overs.

You could be both right on both accounts, you could also be wrong on both accounts.

You can't equivocally say one can only win or lose this trade.

Mar 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong

We've essentially traded Tim Kelly for Jeremy Cameron, A First Round Pick (Cooper Stephens pick 16, 2019), a second round pick (pick 27, 2019 received from WCE -> pick 30-35, 2021 received from GWS) and a set of rusty steak knives (Josh Jenkins).

Unless you think Essendon are playing finals next year the pick swap from this year's first rounder pick 22-26 to next year's second pick 25-30 is worth at the very least the same, potentially more.

Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
You’re damned right it did.
Wells took McCarthy out behind the woodshed and flogged him like a red headed stepchild
Did Geelong get a great deal? Absolutely. However, why do you feel the need to act like a total prick with that type of post? Pull your head in.

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018

The fact that you still don't understand it was two separate trades, is crazy by this point lol. McCartney has said it. Wells has said it. Cook said it today...it's really straightforward.

It was:

GEELONG OUT: 13, 15 and a Future 4th
GEELONG IN: Cameron and a Future 2nd (GWS)

That's the trade...that's it.

The other trade took until literally the last minute, because Dodo was screwing around with the Caldwell trade. Once GWS got that Essendon Future 2nd, we agreed to give them our 3rd first in this year's draft. If they hadn't of gotten it, the second trade would not have happened and it would have been the above one.

That's it. That's all there is. Who knows how it will eventuate or pan out, but both team's supporters are relatively happy. It's only the non-supporters that seem to be getting in the middle of it all creating conflict where there is none. If you think we overpaid, that's your business. 13, 15 and a Pick 70 or so for Cameron and a Pick 25-30 or so, is not what I would call 'overs' by any stretch.

Each to their own though.

Feb 12, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
EnzyL6ZUcAMTJnb

Back