Ray Donovan

Staring into the abyss
Oct 11, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oklahoma City Thunder
You would have to get a deal done if possible.

It would need to be a monster contract I feel like he is probably the best prime age key forward in the league.

Probably a Franklin level contract would need to be on the table.

Over 1.2 million 5 years

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
100% as a FA. Don't think we should be trading picks though. Only reason I'd be happy to is if it stopped the hawks from topping up, the more they have to develop 18yos, rather than poaching "injured" players, the faster they'll slide down.

The Governor

All Australian
Aug 16, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
I am all in for trying to get Jeremy Cameron to Geelong. Power forwards and key forwards with the X factor are hard to find when you do not have the best draft picks. Hawkins has 5 good years left in him and it is important to recruit a key power forward or full forward under free agency.

Big Sav will be a great Centre Half Forward-Ruckman in the coming years. Kreuger IMO is more suited to Centre Half back. That is my take.

I am going to make a big comment. If Geelong looked after Nathan Ablett after the 2007 GF by telling him to go on a holiday for 2 to 3 months and return to pre-season training in late November, he could have played on. Nathan Ablett was going to be the 2008-2014 version of Jeremy Cameron.

I remember a comment from Cam Mooney in 2009-2010. He was looking forward to Tomahawk and Nathan Ablett dominating the Geelong Forward 50 for the next 10 years. After recruiting JPOD as a stop gap measure and Geelong trying to find a key forward to compliment Hawkins, we never got to see the best of Nathan Ablett.

And, with our position in the draft order, we have to think laterally to land a key power forward when we do not have the luxury of having a top 5 pick in the draft and the Father and Son rule been a farce.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
I am all in for trying to get Jeremy Cameron to Geelong. Power forwards and key forwards with the X factor are hard to find when you do not have the best draft picks. Hawkins has 5 good years left in him and it is important to recruit a key power forward or full forward under free agency.

Big Sav will be a great Centre Half Forward-Ruckman in the coming years. Kreuger IMO is more suited to Centre Half back. That is my take.

I am going to make a big comment. If Geelong looked after Nathan Ablett after the 2007 GF by telling him to go on a holiday for 2 to 3 months and return to pre-season training in late November, he could have played on. Nathan Ablett was going to be the 2008-2014 version of Jeremy Cameron.

I remember a comment from Cam Mooney in 2009-2010. He was looking forward to Tomahawk and Nathan Ablett dominating the Geelong Forward 50 for the next 10 years. After recruiting JPOD as a stop gap measure and Geelong trying to find a key forward to compliment Hawkins, we never got to see the best of Nathan Ablett.

And, with our position in the draft order, we have to think laterally to land a key power forward when we do not have the luxury of having a top 5 pick in the draft and the Father and Son rule been a farce.

Why is that Gov? Perhaps the team your mate Krock Chucky barracks for thinks that ..but Id say most Geelong supporters could hardly complain..

Can I ask.. how do you know that they didnt do that for NathanA.. id have thought they would have tried quite a few things. Perhap keep him list for 12 months while is not at the club and hope he comes back? It was really on 2008 that it hurt us.. and after a while if the horse doesn't want to run ..is it a waste of time offering carrots or showing him the whip.. ? He just didnt like attention it was that way form when he was very young.

Last edited:
Importantly, GWS want to sign Cameron this year to cut-off attempts from rivals to poach him for nothing next season.
“There’s about 50 others on that list as well,” Cats coach Chris Scott said on SEN on Saturday when asked of the club’s links to Cameron.
“I have heard so many players that we are after. I try to answer honestly and we are interested in Jeremy Cameron.
“(But) I don’t remember any discussions about him.
“But that’s good to know. Sometimes I am the last one to hear this stuff.”
The Giants last year held preliminary talks with Cameron’s manager, Alex McDonald, and will ramp up talks on another extension over the next few months.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...d/news-story/d84aee46a67d505a06921f6cac86cf5e

MOONEY 21

Premiership Player
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
You would have to get a deal done if possible.

It would need to be a monster contract I feel like he is probably the best prime age key forward in the league.

Probably a Franklin level contract would need to be on the table.

Over 1.2 million 5 years

We dont pay players ridiculous contracts

Back