Rumour Jeremy Cameron

Remove this Banner Ad

Good player, but he'd likely starve to death here, as Hawkins is.

The FF almost becomes irrelevant when you can't get it to him.

Be great to get him, but only of benefit if we play direct footy.

Our dollars would be better spent getting Coniglio ..or attacking Whitfield next year (also a FA) and trading for Ben King.
You get enough supply and drafted players can do the job for you.

Our dollars would be better spent getting Coniglio ..or attacking Whitfield next year (also a FA) and trading for Ben King.

Oh the dark and blasphemous rites I would perform to get Whitfield...

Like Cogs as a player but his body is shot.

Whitfield is a star no argument there......Not as keen as some to bolt after a very good player with an ACL injury.

Cameron however, played one of the best KPF games I have seen for a very long time last week....he was dynamic.

KPF's with his ability don't pop up all that often....He will be a star KPP of the competition for years to come.

If we can afford him, we should snap him up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats an exaggeration .. quality mids are not a dime a dozen .. and forwards with a winning midfield have probably never been more deprived of relevance

Lynch and Riewoldt looked pretty relevant to me this afternoon.

Thats an exaggeration .. quality mids are not a dime a dozen .. and forwards with a winning midfield have probably never been more deprived of relevance

It's not really, every side in the comp would have atleast 2 or 3 quality mids on the list, how many have elite forwards?
Especially inside mids, they aren't kicking goals for you, so you could end up like GFC of 2004 where we would win the midfield but couldn't kick a score (look at prelim vs Lions for a good example).
Elite, genuinely ELITE tall forwards create opportunities from limited entries and find ways to kick goals. Fev at Carlton is a good example.
Sure you need balance to be successful but I wouldn't be passing up someone like Cameron for "an inside mid" when you can easily pick those up cheaper, and we have some on the list already.
Would you prefer Hopper or Cameron?

Lynch and Riewoldt looked pretty relevant to me this afternoon.

Did they have enough supply ? Amazing what happens when you dont sit you heels ..I dont particularly like their play but its quick and fluid..and gets the ball forward.

Let me be clear . I love forwards .. my ideal footy is one on one spread across the field where athletic abilities are allowed to be showed, where forwards are talented and to a point greedy ..doing not the bland but the bright... but I fear those days are done I have horse and buggy desires in a automobile soaked roadblock world.. and like it or not .. if a midfield is not up to it your forwards become tokens.

Yes Lynch looks good... its why I have said get Cameron as a FA like Lynch was and Im onboard... our midfield needs to be more than just a couple of bolt ons.. we need to start to build the new group and although its hard .we need to find a Danger Selwood replacement. Kelly has at times been our best mid... and he has one foot out the door. Take Kelly out , Joel continues to diminish , Danger is Danger for a little while longer but for how long ?

Cameron is potentially the best forward in the league. How would he go at the Suns? Thats probably harsh... What would we expect from Cameon at Geelong. What he is giving at GWS?

It's not really, every side in the comp would have atleast 2 or 3 quality mids on the list, how many have elite forwards?
Especially inside mids, they aren't kicking goals for you, so you could end up like GFC of 2004 where we would win the midfield but couldn't kick a score (look at prelim vs Lions for a good example).
Elite, genuinely ELITE tall forwards create opportunities from limited entries and find ways to kick goals. Fev at Carlton is a good example.
Sure you need balance to be successful but I wouldn't be passing up someone like Cameron for "an inside mid" when you can easily pick those up cheaper, and we have some on the list already.
Would you prefer Hopper or Cameron?
I take your point.. Im not denying the importnace of forwards..just that the idea that quality mids are so thick and plentyful that you can just put mugs in the role. Could we have a side made up of Parsons Atkins Simpson Gore etc.... ..how happy would Cameron be to be on the end of that service. Listen to forwards for years and they will speak with reverance about guys who could put it lace out or get the ball to them when they needed it.. etc

Hopper or Cameron . Hopper is a good young mid Id like to have .. probably expensive to get him... not worth 2R1 picks. he is hardly an exact comparision as Hopper best is yet to come. Hopper would be many many tiers lower than Cameron on the status ladder for his role.. I like Hopper and would not mind him .. and show me a forward of his age and performance ..I'll try to make the judgement.

Lets say Cameron is the best forward .. so a mid.. why not Cameron V Cripps ? If I were to say Cameron V Coniglio ..id go for Coniglio , Camreon V Whitfield ..Whitfield. As FA id like to have them all.

Last edited:
I take your point.. Im not denying the importnace of forwards..just that the idea that quality mids are so think and plentyful that you can just put mugs in the role. Could we have a side made up of Parsons Atkins Simpson Gore etc.... ..how happy would Cameron be to be on the end of that service. Listen to forwards for years and they will speak with reverance about guys who could put it lace out or get the ball to them when they needed it.. etc

Hopper or Cameron . Hopper is a good young mid Id like to have .. probably expensive to get him... not worth 2R1 picks. he is hardly an exact comparision as Hopper best is yet to come. Hopper would be many many tiers lower than Cameron on the status ladder for his role.. I like Hopper and would not mind him .. and show me a forward of his age and performance ..I'll try to make the judgement.

Lets say Cameron is the best forward .. so a mid.. why not Cameron V Cripps ? If I were to say Cameron V Coniglio ..id go for Coniglio , Camreon V Whitfield ..Whitfield. As FA id like to have them all.

I don't disagree, but I do think our inside mid stocks look fine for now.
Danger still has a few years of peak left, then we have guys like Constable, Parfitt and Atkins (I believe inside mid is his preferred role) plus a few new recruits that haven't been tested as yet.
Tall forwards however look very thin for me, we have Hawkins whose been a Champion and one of our greatest but he's only got maybe 3 years left I'd say, then we have Sav (who I think will be a Brad Ottens type, he'll be a ruck who kicks goals as opposed to a forward who can ruck) then we have nothing. Cameron atleast gives us that stop gap between Hawkins and the next young forward we get (assuming we do), on top of being the best forward in the comp right now.
Personally I don't think we are that far apart in opinion.

I don't disagree, but I do think our inside mid stocks look fine for now.
Danger still has a few years of peak left, then we have guys like Constable, Parfitt and Atkins (I believe inside mid is his preferred role) plus a few new recruits that haven't been tested as yet.
Tall forwards however look very thin for me, we have Hawkins whose been a Champion and one of our greatest but he's only got maybe 3 years left I'd say, then we have Sav (who I think will be a Brad Ottens type, he'll be a ruck who kicks goals as opposed to a forward who can ruck) then we have nothing. Cameron atleast gives us that stop gap between Hawkins and the next young forward we get (assuming we do), on top of being the best forward in the comp right now.
Personally I don't think we are that far apart in opinion.
It the difference between one recruiting manager and another. I would much prefer to trust our forwards atm..add to our drafted group ..perhaps we draft a kid like Taylor or someone who can add almost from day one up forward... The young talls are an area I think that look quite good.. not saying I wouldn't add to it because injury and a shortfall or expectation can happen. Adding a mature in any role pushes from the top down. I just posted about PortAdelaide having issues with the rucks on the list ... to some degre this has been brought about by the adding a FA that has disrupted normal progression... much more so than in a mid situation .. Lycett has been good for them..but what does it do to Frampton and Hayes and Ladhams ..let alone Ryder.

Hawkins is here for sometime yet... and Sav looks a likely player but jury is out ..no certainty yet..but he shows potential. In the VFL Buzza has shown enough to get games this year imo..but I also am an advocate of money down on the number you want... we have had too many drywells in recent years..putting tens of games into gues that in the end give no water at all. So I can understand if they have plans other than Buzza. Krueger showed enough to get a game or two... I also understand they want to nurse him.. but one would think by next year.. he should be getting some games. I also would like to have a better quality ruck/forward than we have ..someone a bit younger. My perfect get would be King ..that sort of tall.
So where does Cameron fit and who does he push down.

I like Constable as junior but the demands of afl mean that clubs want a higher tuned athlete. Can he get to that? Parfitt is the sort of add that good ..he could play a few roles..but I have seen nothing more in him atm. than a good version of prismall. Does he develop , does he dither , does he just become a good player while he has betters around him. Atkins good and we have to keep more journeymen coming thru..maybe he takes a step up after a year in the real stuff.

The prismall thing to me shows where we are. We lost prismall and kept on rolling. I dont see any mid that we be absolutely dire if they were departing. Cockatoo could go and what are we missing. We will not be getting a Rowell and Anderson ..but its what we need. Im also aware for years in the golden era our list was considered good but not great... then they all were...

Get him as FA next year.

Its not like Hawkins, SavRat, Rohan, GAJ, Dangerfield, Miers can't kick winning scores for us next year as well. We are the highest scoring team in the League. I reckon we should try get a 186-190cm powerful type that won't cost a fortune and can challenge Rohan for his spot. Oh wait, that's Cockatoo!

We couldn't offload TK and expect someone on or list to fill that, we'd need someone ready made to ensure we get the ball on our terms going forward. Look how bad we played when TK was down on the day, we'd drop right down to the pack if he's role is not filled.

To me, we go hard for him when he's a FA. Hawkins will be turning 33 by then, and would be looking for the pastures.

Get him as FA next year.

Its not like Hawkins, SavRat, Rohan, GAJ, Dangerfield, Miers can't kick winning scores for us next year as well. We are the highest scoring team in the League. I reckon we should try get a 186-190cm powerful type that won't cost a fortune and can challenge Rohan for his spot. Oh wait, that's Cockatoo!

We couldn't offload TK and expect someone on or list to fill that, we'd need someone ready made to ensure we get the ball on our terms going forward. Look how bad we played when TK was down on the day, we'd drop right down to the pack if he's role is not filled.

To me, we go hard for him when he's a FA. Hawkins will be turning 33 by then, and would be looking for the pastures.

GWS will be putting efforts towards the group they have hitting FA next year... trade out Patton this year perhaps.. next year Whitfield and Cameron..

they really have not had that issue yet.. Coniglio this year is the start.. .. Cameron FA next year... ..no wonder they are screaming for cola

Remove this Banner Ad

Back