Traded Jeremy Cameron [traded w/ 2x 2021 R2 (ESS/GWS) to Geelong for #13, #15, #20 and 2021 R4]

Who won this trade?

• GWS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geelong

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Or we take him at 6 in the draft. Game glitch. lulz
It would be interesting if Geelong got to pick 6 and there is a draftee they wanted but didn't think they could get, would they really want to use that pick on Cameron

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet he kicked some clutch goals to knock you guys over in the prelim only last year. Sounds like you still haven’t gotten over it.

If he played like he plays against Collingwood every week, he would be well worth the hype and money. But he doesn't. He is a really fragile footballer and you can't trust what he brings every week.

If he only costs 900k - 1 mil a year as rumoured then I don't really see our salary cap as a problem. If we do get Cameron, we can get rid of all these mediocre backup KPFs and even move on Mihocek

Lynden Dunn, Ben Reid, Brody Mihocek, Max Lynch, Jack Madgen, Matthew Scharenberg are all KPP we have no need for with for if we have Cameron.

FB - Roughhead, CHB - Moore (Back-up: Howe, Langdon)
FF - De Goey, CHF - J Cameron (Back-up: Lynch, D Cameron)

Only Max Lynch from the above is on genuine base salary, the rest are all on decent/average wage at the very least. We also will most likely get rid of Travis Varcoe, Broomhead, Wills. That's easily over $2 mil we can make room for, and the smaller list size change couldn't have come at a better time. We were facing a dilemma of choosing how many dead wood to cut in the first place. We probably only need to replace a couple of these spots with draftees

Draft pick wise, with bulldogs having Ugle-Hagan coming through this year (touted as #1 pick) and us having Daicos next year (also touted as #1 pick), makes perfect sense for us to trade our 2021 1st for Bulldogs' 2020 1st, as they would both be wasted otherwise anyways. If they want a little sweetener, all good not a problem.

We can then trade pick 12 + pick 14 for Jeremy Cameron, which is higher than what Gold Coast and Geelong received for their RFAs in Tom Lynch and Dangerfield by the way.

It's honestly such a no brainer, I've learnt my lesson not to put any faith in Collingwood recruitment coaches but surely if its so obvious...

Draft pick wise, with bulldogs having Ugle-Hagan coming through this year (touted as #1 pick) and us having Daicos next year (also touted as #1 pick), makes perfect sense for us to trade our 2021 1st for Bulldogs' 2020 1st, as they would both be wasted otherwise anyways. If they want a little sweetener, all good not a problem.

We can then trade pick 12 + pick 14 for Jeremy Cameron, which is higher than what Gold Coast and Geelong received for their RFAs in Tom Lynch and Dangerfield by the way.

It's honestly such a no brainer, I've learnt my lesson not to put any faith in Collingwood recruitment coaches but surely if its so obvious...
If the Bulldogs trade their first this year for a first next how the hell do we pay for JUH this year? He’s very likely going to bid on in the top 3 if not first.

Yep. Seems a done deal. Joe to Cats for pick 11 is locked in and Jezza as a FA to dons.

That seems...ridiculous lol. Why wouldn't you just keep Daniher, who will be on a far lower salary than IDGAF unless I'm paid enough Cameron, and then spend your money on keeping a player like Saad?

Also, why would we give up our top pick to secure a FA - especially if you're resigned to letting him go because you'd be getting Cameron, and wouldn't be able to afford both?

Dodo really has done a number on your club and its supporters if you think any of that is plausible, lol

If he only costs 900k - 1 mil a year as rumoured then I don't really see our salary cap as a problem. If we do get Cameron, we can get rid of all these mediocre backup KPFs and even move on Mihocek

Lynden Dunn, Ben Reid, Brody Mihocek, Max Lynch, Jack Madgen, Matthew Scharenberg are all KPP we have no need for with for if we have Cameron.

FB - Roughhead, CHB - Moore (Back-up: Howe, Langdon)
FF - De Goey, CHF - J Cameron (Back-up: Lynch, D Cameron)

Only Max Lynch from the above is on genuine base salary, the rest are all on decent/average wage at the very least. We also will most likely get rid of Travis Varcoe, Broomhead, Wills. That's easily over $2 mil we can make room for, and the smaller list size change couldn't have come at a better time. We were facing a dilemma of choosing how many dead wood to cut in the first place. We probably only need to replace a couple of these spots with draftees

You do realize you'll need to pay De Goey a decent salary, right? From what I've heard, with Pendles and Grundy, plus De Goey and then Moore, you guys are at bursting point. Doesn't matter if you chop a whole bunch of dead wood, because their salary is insignificant in the scheme of things anyway - as you still need to replace them with other draftees/trades/FA's etc.

All of these guys would be on over 300K, some around 800K-1 MIL:

- Sidebottom
- Treloar
- Pendles
- Grundy
- Adams
- Beams (still part of your salary cap)
- Cox
- Mayne
- Elliot
- Howe

These 3 guys would command more than 500K (some close to 1 MIL from clubs like North for De Goey):

- Moore
- Crisp
- De Goey

Then you've got to look at young draftees like Quaynor, Daicos and Stephenson, who would want a nice increase in their next contract.

Grundy was where all your Lynch money went, and now I'd say you're at the point where there'll be no big names you're chasing. Rather, you'll be looking at holding onto your big names, so that other clubs don't poach them

Last edited:
You do realize you'll need to pay De Goey a decent salary, right? From what I've heard, with Pendles and Grundy, plus De Goey and then Moore, you guys are at bursting point. Doesn't matter if you chop a whole bunch of dead wood, because their salary is insignificant in the scheme of things anyway - as you still need to replace them with other draftees/trades/FA's etc.

Adams and Treloar have to be on decent coin too given the Pies won out over a number of clubs chasing them. Plus Sidebottom. But yeah sure they still have a lazy $900k laying around in the cap.

Adams and Treloar have to be on decent coin too given the Pies won out over a number of clubs chasing them. Plus Sidebottom. But yeah sure they still have a lazy $900k laying around in the cap.

Yeah I amended above to show the list of players I reckon are on a decent amount. Don't forget Beams as well, who is on a pretty big contract, and will need to be paid out from said salary cap too

That seems...ridiculous lol. Why wouldn't you just keep Daniher, who will be on a far lower salary than IDGAF unless I'm paid enough Cameron, and then spend your money on keeping a player like Saad?

Also, why would we give up our top pick to secure a FA - especially if you're resigned to letting him go because you'd be getting Cameron, and wouldn't be able to afford both?

Dodo really has done a number on your club and its supporters if you think any of that is plausible, lol

Really surprised you thought my post was serious, I need to make it a little more obvious next time :p

I have absolutely no inside word on anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- Sidebottom
- Treloar
- Pendles
- Grundy
- Adams
- Cox
- Mayne
- Elliot
- Howe

These 3 guys would command more than 500K (some close to 1 MIL from clubs like North for De Goey):

- Moore
- Crisp
- De Goey

Then you've got to look at young draftees like Quaynor and Stephenson, who would want a nice increase in their next contract.

Grundy was where all your Lynch money went, and now I'd say you're at the point where there'll be no big names you're chasing. Rather, you'll be looking at holding onto your big names, so that other clubs don't poach them
Gee, your an expert on our cap situation, ok then thanks for that. So we don't have enough money Cameron....😂😭😂. Watch this space!

Dodo would ask for all three first rounders. I wouldn't trade anything at all for Daniher. Free agent or walk away. Cameron I would trade for in need.
He expects to poach gold and hand back a bag of dust,trade should be equal both ways but this is Essendon we are talking about.

#whateverittakes

Gee, your an expert on our cap situation, ok then thanks for that. So we don't have enough money Cameron....😂😭😂. Watch this space!

The Pies will get him on a cheap as chips contract. Turns out Cameron is a huge fan of quiz shows and has a good presence on the Telly.

He will move to the Pies and get work experience co-hosting McGuire's quiz show for which he will be well remunerated. His employment there will have absolutely nothing to do with his secondary footy career.

Not an expert at all, lol. It's widely available knowledge, and pretty basic too. You have too many stars on big money, and too many that need to be recontracted on big money, to have anything left for someone like Cameron. I was also pretty conservative in saying 'over 300K', when it's more likely that Beams, Treloar, Adams and Sidebottom are all on more than 600K. Then add in Pendles and his reported 900K, Grundy's million, and the asking market price of De Goey and Moore, and you're already at bursting point lol. It's pretty basic math

Not an expert at all, lol. It's widely available knowledge, and pretty basic too. You have too many stars on big money, and too many that need to be recontracted on big money, to have anything left for someone like Cameron. I was also pretty conservative in saying 'over 300K', when it's more likely that Beams, Treloar, Adams and Sidebottom are all on more than 600K. Then add in Pendles and his reported 900K, Grundy's million, and the asking market price of De Goey and Moore, and you're already at bursting point lol. It's pretty basic math
Yes it's common knowledge on what our high end players are potentially earning.
BUT there is going to be at least 8 or so players gone end of season. IF Cameron decided to leave and wanted Pies, they will make it happen!

Yes it's common knowledge on what our high end players are potentially earning.
BUT there is going to be at least 8 or so players gone end of season. IF Cameron decided to leave and wanted Pies, they will make it happen!

None of those I mentioned are going though lol? What you lose from those 8 players, you'll have to give to De Goey and Moore, lol. I don't think you're getting it

- Sidebottom
- Treloar
- Pendles
- Grundy
- Adams
- Cox
- Mayne
- Elliot
- Howe

- Moore
- Crisp
- De Goey

Then you've got to look at young draftees like Quaynor, Daicos and Stephenson, who would want a nice increase in their next contract.

The irony of this post from a Geelong supporter is genuinely hilarious. Im sure Collingwood can do some under the table type Geelong deals if the calibre of player warrants it.

The irony of this post from a Geelong supporter is genuinely hilarious. Im sure Collingwood can do some under the table type Geelong deals if the calibre of player warrants it.

Lol our salary structure is very different to you guys. We also don't have many 'stars' left, and two of them will be retiring this year - Taylor and Ablett. We also had money aside for TK, that we didn't spend either.

Only Selwood, Dangerfield, Hawkins, Blics, Duncan, Steven and Dahlhaus will be on 500K or above (the last 4 will be at the low end and the first 3 at the high end). Taylor is on 700K and Ablett is on around 500K.

You guys, have Grundy, Pendles, Sidebottom, Treloar, Adams, Beams, and then De Goey and Moore to come, who will be on contracts ranging from 600K - 1 MIL. Conservative estimate puts just those 8 players, on over 5.5 MIL alone out of a 12.6 MIL salary cap. Then there's Cox and his 550K, Howe, Crisp and Elliot and their rumoured decent contracts, and suddenly you're at 7.5MIL (again on the low end). You then have 5 MIL remaining for 33-35 players, some of which other clubs are courting - and you can't even pay 150K per player, let alone the decent amount players like Daicos, Stephenson, Quaynor etc will be looking at in their future contracts. Not to mention Mihocek who is your leading goal kicker, Hoskin-Elliot, Phillips and Josh Thomas who will want more than a base salary (this isn't even including retirement possibilities like Varcoe, Reid and Mayne, who would be on a decent amount too).

There's no conspiracy here lol. I'm just pointing out that our salary cap situation is vastly different to yours - due to the fact you have so many stars at a decent age, where as ours are getting towards retirement. This leaves us with more salary cap room than you guys have. If you lose De Goey then that's a very different conversation

Last edited:
If the Bulldogs trade their first this year for a first next how the hell do we pay for JUH this year? He’s very likely going to bid on in the top 3 if not first.
You go into deficit.

Select 2x 1st round picks next year, and then use 2nd/3rd round picks this year/next to pay it back

Back