Traded Jeremy Cameron [traded w/ 2x 2021 R2 (ESS/GWS) to Geelong for #13, #15, #20 and 2021 R4]

Who won this trade?

• GWS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geelong

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Or we take him at 6 in the draft. Game glitch. lulz
It would be interesting if Geelong got to pick 6 and there is a draftee they wanted but didn't think they could get, would they really want to use that pick on Cameron

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's Jay Clarke like as a news breaker apparently the Lions are a massive chance for Jez (on triple M)

He is pretty ordinary generally.

What's Jay Clarke like as a news breaker apparently the Lions are a massive chance for Jez (on triple M)
😁 Good fishing no doubt helps.

There no real "go home" factor with Jezza. His home town is on the Vic SA border. Unlike a lot of youngsters he took up footy competitively at 15 and spent one year playing TAC cup for Ballarat, travelling from home, before he was an underage recruit at 17 and relocated to Sydney. No Melbourne link. Arguably He grew up in Sydney.

You'd imagine the Lions would be an attractive option for players right now, but I think he'll stay.

Good fishing no doubt helps.

There no real "go home" factor with Jezza. His home town is on the Vic SA border. Unlike a lot of youngsters he took up footy competitively at 15 and spent one year playing TAC cup for Ballarat, travelling from home, before he was an underage recruit at 17 and relocated to Sydney. No Melbourne link. Arguably He grew up in Sydney.

You'd imagine the Lions would be an attractive option for players right now, but I think he'll stay.

Next minute AFL media reports that Brisbane are in with a chance

Not as bad as Cravern at Sydney welcoming Lockett... they would be all friends and happy as Larry within days
Absolutely. It's a professional game these days and I'm not sure why people think petty things matter years later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He wont be leaving .. What club can afford more than 1million plus to get him.

Geelong would have close to that with Ablett, Taylor Retirements but Jezza won't get a million at the Cats because of the club pay structure - if an offer comes to Cameron it will be something like 5 years which would be back ended to take into account further list movements and Salary Cap Changes

current form would say he is not worth 1M per season.... but at what number would GWS match? A band1 this year may see the get something a lot earlier than they had predicted it would be...

It would also mean they'd be getting another first rounder in a draft that is heavy with KPP's in the top end of the talent pool.

I still think GWS will re-sign him before he even tests free agency though. I wouldn't be surprised if he re-signed after GWS perhaps looked at a new assistant to help Leon in the coaches box. Jezza is a player who should be competing for flags for the rest of his career, especially with this GWS squad, I think that will be his main priority when considering a new contract. If he feels like the Giants will give him that opportunity, then I'd be very surprised if he left.

He is the worst performed most talented player I have ever seen. Lacks natural aggression and over compensates. Physically weak and still lacks game nous. What happened to developing a strong body? This guy has been blown over by the wind for his entire career. Some of his efforts would get truly roasted if he was playing anywhere else.

Back