Traded Jeremy Cameron [traded w/ 2x 2021 R2 (ESS/GWS) to Geelong for #13, #15, #20 and 2021 R4]

Who won this trade?

• GWS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geelong

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Came in expecting to find ITK Hawthorn supporters but found none. Have they been beaten down over the past few years?

I would much rather Finlayson. Never seen him drop his shoulders and give up, can defend, and will be 1/3 the cost and probably only 4 years.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He seems like a player who cops more criticism than he deserves

Been their most consistent forward over the last 3 weeks. Could be GWS decide he is the one they keep and develop Riccardi and they shop Cameron.

Means they can keep Williams. And avoid another ridiculous long term contract.

Leon needs players who will never give up. Cameron is not that.

Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
Pretty sure he is infinitely better in defence than Cameron.
If you're recruiting a traffic cone, take Jeremy Finlayson. If you're looking for last year's Coleman medalist and All Australian Centre Half Forward, take Jeremy Cameron.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If you're recruiting a traffic cone, take Jeremy Finlayson. If you're looking for last year's Coleman medalist and All Australian Centre Half Forward, take Jeremy Cameron.

Looks like youve got the traffic cone for a few more years.

I assume now he is now a brilliant forward and defender.

Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders

No, very disappointed although our list management tend to get things right more often than not, so I'll back them. I thought he was worth one or two years at most- as a backup option. Very surprised our club has given him three years.

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I thought he was worth one or two years at most- as a backup option. Very surprised our club has given him three years.
I imagine it's on a salary that's favourable to the club, and Finlayson signed it because he doesn't want to move and wants stability economically. As such, I would think there's enough space in the TPP to re-sign Cameron.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW

All GWS supporters have been critical of Finlayson since last year, him recommitting or not makes no difference

In saying that, he's a good shout for the Coleman and Brownlow next year

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Something stinks about Cameron, gotta say. The guy has barely uttered a whimper this year, and despite his hefty pay cut, is still most likely the highest paid player in the AFL this year. Sounds to me like all he cares about is money, and there's a strong possibility that clubs are just going to offer him a big pay day, which he may take. He'll obviously pick a team that has some success on the horizon, but I could see him going to a Brisbane, Essendon, St Kilda, Carlton etc. just for that big pay day (Collingwood & Richmond out of the frame due to all their big names). We'll probably offer up a decent amount - due to Ablett and Taylor most likely retiring - but I doubt our pay structure will compete with any of the aforementioned clubs. Hell, I could even see Clarko making a play for him, given the significant warchest you guys have these days. Whether or not he'd want to come to rebuilding or middle of the road clubs, is another story

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
He is the worst performed most talented player I have ever seen. Lacks natural aggression and over compensates. Physically weak and still lacks game nous. What happened to developing a strong body? This guy has been blown over by the wind for his entire career. Some of his efforts would get truly roasted if he was playing anywhere else.
Yet he kicked some clutch goals to knock you guys over in the prelim only last year. Sounds like you still haven’t gotten over it.

Scratchy05

All Australian
Sep 16, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not sure why people are shitting on Cameron. He won the Coleman last year while missing games. He is also mobile and collect his own ball up the ground. Best Key Forward in the comp, even though he has had a down year.

Back