Traded Jeremy Finlayson [traded to Port Adelaide for a future 3rd]

Remove this Banner Ad

I was sitting here wondering what Port even need. It's not a lot, as I really like the shape of demographic of their list. Maybe a young midfielder who is accountable/two way? It certainly doesn't seem like Finlayson would be the type they would want. He's good on song I guess, but is a known quantity and is a bit like Gary Rohan in that sense.

Hope they don't over-react because they defecated the bed the other night.

How long you think it takes?

the report is his partner is from Sa so he wants to move here to be near her family.
More than 3 days after ports loss, its been pre-booked, solid player and perhaps 2 good gets for Port in Finlayson and Dawson.

Maybe Marshall intends on asking for a trade home?.. could be a swap of sorts in order…

Who knows.. but agree with others that this seems strange..

Deni is closer to Adelaide than Sydney and it's a much easier drive. If he had an urge to be closer then he would ask to get to a Melb club. And that's ignoring the whole situation regarding his parents.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interpretation:
"GREATER Western Sydney has given permission for forward Jeremy Finlayson to explore trade options with any club in the competition as he looks for more family support following the birth of his first child."
McCartney mentioned that Jeremy's parents now live in Brisbane, and his wife spent time in Melbourne and had friends there, so the list of viable clubs was not limited to just the SA clubs. But he also noted that he didn't think there was much interest in Jeremy.

Dont you find it a bit weird he's had a medical this close after Ports season ending, its not something you just do on the fly.
I figure it was because he is was in Adelaide at the time, it was convenient, but may not later.

By ‘port want him for nothing’ do you mean finlayson desperately wants to get to Sa and port are pretty meh about it..
pretty much that is the state of affairs' Id reckon or close enough anyway. (maybe slightly exaggerated at both ends in that it probably isnt quite desperate, and Port are probably thinking he'll be handy enough)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back