Recommitted Jeremy Finlayson [Signed until 2023]

Scratchy05

All Australian
Sep 16, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
GWS should play him in the ruck. Hit-outs are an incredibly overrated aspect of the game and it is much more important someone can get around the ground. Finlayson is a good kick and more mobile compared to Jacobs and Mumford and should be their number one ruck until Briggs is ready.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Holy fu** that's a huge backfire hahahaha

On a more serious note, I wonder what this means for Cameron? Surely they can't fit all 4 of them, Himmelberg and Riccardi in the same team?

I would have much preferred Finlayson over Cameron. This is disappointing news.

Though Wizard has made it a little better.

Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Cameron has to be gone surely. I mean himmelbwrg could play CHB but I doubt they give an average player like Finlayson 3 years unless they think Cameron is leaving.

How is he average? Kicked 44 goals last year in his first year as a fwd, has kicked a goal in every game this year whilst playing back up ruck. Imagine this guy playing second fiddle to Hawkins, he would average 3 goals a game.

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
How did GWS even end up in this situation? All these draft picks and pre-selections.

Now they have mediocre key position stocks both down back and up forward, and their only good KPF (Cameron) still hasn't signed this late into the season?

Even their prized midfield group has been losing clearances week in week out. Let's not even talk about their ruck scenario? I honestly believe an amateur recruiter could've done better by just picking the most orthodox and obvious players with how much drafting resources they have been given.

Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
How did GWS even end up in this situation? All these draft picks and pre-selections.

Now they have mediocre key position stocks both down back and up forward, and their only good KPF (Cameron) still hasn't signed this late into the season?

Even their prized midfield group has been losing clearances week in week out. Let's not even talk about their ruck scenario? I honestly believe an amateur recruiter could've done better by just picking the most orthodox and obvious players with how much drafting resources they have been given.

We are just praying our bookends reach the dizzying heights of Mason Cox and Lyndon Dunn. Please pray for us.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
ridiculous comment

bullshit

Even their prized midfield group has been losing clearances week in week out.

We have had some shockers this year but I find it hilarious you judge this on talent and club rather than the ****ed up year it’s been.

Let's not even talk about their ruck scenario? I honestly believe an amateur recruiter could've done better by just picking the most orthodox and obvious players with how much drafting resources they have been given.

Blame sos, we could of drafted the best ruck in the league but he ignored all the coaches.

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
We are just praying our bookends reach the dizzying heights of Mason Cox and Lyndon Dunn. Please pray for us.
Well it's Lynden Dunn first of all... And also he has played 2 games in 2 seasons, so he's obviously not in our best 22 lol...

Even then, I'd still take Roughead - Moore - Mihocek - Cox over your key position stock, as bad as Mihocek and Cox are... Speaks even greater volume when you consider our KPP list is garbage and still better than yours despite having endless opportunities over the years.

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
ridiculous comment

bullshit

We have had some shockers this year but I find it hilarious you judge this on talent and club rather than the f’ed up year it’s been.

Blame sos, we could of drafted the best ruck in the league but he ignored all the coaches.
Well Grundy is not the best ruck in the league, I'd actually have him around 3rd at the moment. But you kind of already made my arguments for me lol, SOS's drafting I don't know how any semi-respected recruiter could've done worse.

Obviously club development is a factor too, but just looking at the previous drafts somehow most of the good talent have just gone around ur picks (before or after). And even when you guys clearly need a KPD and a ruck, GWS just kept drafting more and more inside mids over and over again.----

How is he average? Kicked 44 goals last year in his first year as a fwd, has kicked a goal in every game this year whilst playing back up ruck. Imagine this guy playing second fiddle to Hawkins, he would average 3 goals a game.

He's very average drops his head far too much when things don't go his way.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Well Grundy is not the best ruck in the league, I'd actually have him around 3rd at the moment. But you kind of already made my arguments for me lol, SOS's drafting I don't know how any semi-respected recruiter could've done worse.

Obviously club development is a factor too, but just looking at the previous drafts somehow most of the good talent have just gone around ur picks (before or after). And even when you guys clearly need a KPD and a ruck, GWS just kept drafting more and more inside mids over and over again.----

Always laugh at people who think they are draft experts about our list.

So he shows emotion, big deal, they're not all robots.

There's a difference between showing emotion and your effort level fluctuating downwards because of emotion. Jeremy has that problem and A graders don't.

Well it's Lynden Dunn first of all... And also he has played 2 games in 2 seasons, so he's obviously not in our best 22 lol...

Even then, I'd still take Roughead - Moore - Mihocek - Cox over your key position stock, as bad as Mihocek and Cox are... Speaks even greater volume when you consider our KPP list is garbage and still better than yours despite having endless opportunities over the years.
That's really over-rating your KPP stocks. I know Finlayson's consistency is a problem but all four of him, Cameron, Himmelberg and Riccardi would be your best forward and the KPD stocks are pretty even. Davis and Taylor are good players.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Well, unfortunately all the umpires were already signed to the Bulldogs.
You're allowed to quote me you know.

We had to take what we could get with the umpires, you guys already bought out the draft table for ten straight years.

Didn't take you anywhere though. Poor investment.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Finlayson isnt mediocre. He would be Collingwood's best forward.

Fair play folks.

I was told my “news” about three weeks ago so obviously things have changed or someone is full of sh*t.

Option 2. Players dont say they are gone then change their mind 3 weeks later.

Back