Recommitted Jeremy Finlayson

Remove this Banner Ad

Have at it.

Stevo's started it.

Personally I think he stays.

What’s going on?

He’s a local Sydney boy.

I’d be all over it if there’s was a chance though.

• Banned
What’s going on?

He’s a local Sydney boy.

I’d be all over it if there’s was a chance though.

He's a Culcairn boy.

Come down the Hume & turn right at Holbrook.

come on down carlton gws!

gws do have a stack of mid sized backs.st kilda stook the tree last year.

maybe this kid or haynes might shake free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was linked to the Pies back in 2015 I believe. Can’t see him leaving though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah. He Followed Collingwood Twitter Account start of the Trade Period when we got Treloar so was some Talk he was going to be part of that Trade

Serious question, how's the GWS salary cap travelling after so many re-signings of high draftees and having to stretch themselves to keep Kelly?

Serious question, how's the GWS salary cap travelling after so many re-signings of high draftees and having to stretch themselves to keep Kelly?
Look at the players they've traded out in the past few years - almost all on good coin.
They also have a higher marketing allowance which helps a little, and in recent years have taken a few 'second chance' types that would be on base salary or close to it (De Boar, Mzungu, I assume Sam Reid would be cheap, etc).

Like a fishes rear end. Devon Smith reportedly left when his new contract offer was less, and who can blame him. To re-sign Kelly it seems reports we extended Heaters contract by a year and then backended it to juggle money into 2018's cap to keep Kelly are likely correct. Extending a 32yo's contract a year before expiry makes little sense otherwise.

Taranto, Perryman and Setterfield are on initial contracts this year, but re-signed and will increase next year.

:) For all of that it's a first world problem and the result of success in player development and retention.

We have taken a number of delisted players this year who wont get much. Like Langon, Bonar and Shipley I'm pretty sure they will get "Cola Light" which is an addional 10% of contracts under $150k ( upper limit could have increased with new agreement, I'm not sure.)

Last edited:
I wanted this bloke back when he wasn’t fully developed. Glad to see he’s lived up to his potential.

He’ll stay
I think you're right. It's his 4th year and he was always regarded as a project player. He does seem to have been delayed by a somewhat chronic hip problem. I've recently learnt from one of our knowlegeable posters he was on a scholarship through the academy for 2 years prior to that.
I expect we just have to find he money to pay him what he's now worth. Won' be easy but he will be value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back