Recommitted Jeremy Finlayson

Remove this Banner Ad

All of it.

Are all GWS support blissfully unaware or just plain inept in understanding facts?

Answer me the below -

Where do you peanuts rank in attendance and membership?

How many GF's have you competed in during these wonder years?

Have you or have you not got salary issues?

He's pretty handy and won't have a shortage of suitors. Finding at your exit interview that the club is open to trading you after signing a contract not long beforehand must be disappointing for him.

Are all GWS support blissfully unaware or just plain inept in understanding facts?

Answer me the below -

Where do you peanuts rank in attendance and membership?

How many GF's have you competed in during these wonder years?

Have you or have you not got salary issues?
Why you'd think I'd follow your instructions on how to respond is beyond me. But tks for the chuckle.

GWS don’t have retention issues, aside from when they traded away their 2014 group of draftees for peanuts they’ve actually kept their core together admirably well and gotten good value from the good ones that wanted out.

The only question mark over them is how they perform in finals, they’ve never quite shaken the arrogance tag from the early days, but they’ll probably still start next season as favourites and be as good a chance as anyone.

GWS are ticking time bomb, disaster on the horizon. With all their talent and ability to compete for the last 4 seasons they still have bugger all supporters, an empty stadium and no silverwear, throw in they have mis-managed their salary cap and will be losing players, it looks like they are about to fall off a big cliff.
That's been said for years.

Love it when people who are clueless about our clubs build and the area we are in scream that the sky is falling.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

GWS don’t have retention issues, aside from when they traded away their 2014 group of draftees for peanuts they’ve actually kept their core together admirably well and gotten good value from the good ones that wanted out.

The only question mark over them is how they perform in finals, they’ve never quite shaken the arrogance tag from the early days, but they’ll probably still start next season as favourites and be as good a chance as anyone.
Mmm
1. You first have to play finals

2. We haven't completed a finals campaign with8ut winning one in our short history.

But you stay with that. As for next year we were on the 5th line of betting with the bookies. With our season over it shouldn't change much.

Despite his size, not really a key defender.
Key defender size, and will likely be asked to play as a third tall in modern football, but really is more suited to playing as a tall flanker. Think of him like Grant Birchall in terms of ideal role
I could see a strong system (such as yours) moneyballing him into a pretty handy player

This is true, but can we discuss what Finlayson might be worth?

I actually don't mind him as a player although Sam Taylor looks another that might shake loose. Would a 2nd rounder get the deal done for either?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sam Taylor is the reason Finlayson is on the market

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's his worth? 3rd round pick?
You'd think that would be about the mark. Probably depends on what you've got to spend. Saints having no third rounder, #57 (or sliding to #60-odd) might be enough, or we might take a future third rounder given our likely need for points next year. If you were interested & Finlayson too.

I'd love him at Hawthorn. Would release Burton to play the mid/forward role that the club have hIm earmarked for

Was one of our best early in the year. Really surprised that we are looking to move him on with Heath Shaw on his last legs.

Also, not sure why opposition posters are trolling in here regarding our list and supporters? Surely there are other threads for that?

Was one of our best early in the year. Really surprised that we are looking to move him on with Heath Shaw on his last legs.

I am too. I suspect that the exit interview laid bare some home truths about his place in the pecking order. He had a good start to the year, but his second stint wasn't great and Sam Taylor went past him in the order too. Given likely exits, I'd prefer to keep him as a cheap back with some promise. I suspect he might have asked, 'well, should I look around?' and got told 'okay, have a look'. Remember we do have to remove 3 players from the list for the national draft - Griffen retiring is one, we expect Mohr to depart as the second (but perhaps not), but always was a third needed.

Also, not sure why opposition posters are trolling in here regarding our list and supporters? Surely there are other threads for that?
We have Davis, Taylor, Corr and Haynes. As well as Buntine, Kennedy, Williams and Whitfield. Tomlinson goes back too. Cummin is earmarked for Shaw’s role. Who is he getting a game in front of out of them?

We have Davis, Taylor, Corr and Haynes. As well as Buntine, Kennedy, Williams and Whitfield. Tomlinson goes back too. Cummin is earmarked for Shaw’s role. Who is he getting a game in front of out of them?
and perryman after his last few games i would rate in front of him too. Can be hard for finlayson since he needs to compete with both the talls as well as the smalls.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back