Recommitted Jeremy Finlayson

Remove this Banner Ad

Nick Bowen alluded to the fact on the trade radio wrap up that Nic Newman for Ryan Clarke is a fall back option for our #1 preference and we are after another defender.

Rumoured to be Finlayson.

May be potential there to work in a 3 way deal potentially with Ryan Clarke going to the Swans I guess.

Nick Bowen alluded to the fact on the trade radio wrap up that Nic Newman for Ryan Clarke is a fall back option for our #1 preference and we are after another defender.

May be potential there to work in a 3 way deal potentially with Ryan Clarke going to the Swans I guess.

Not much value for Finlayson but I would imagine he would go to the club where he thinks he can get the most game time and not sure where he would fit in your best 22 but a tall rebounding defender who is physically developed, I would think he could develop into a Birchall/Suckling type in a good environment
In terms of trades I would look at a 5-10 pick upgrade in the 3rd round this or next year

I’d rather take the Newman pick and use it to get Finlayson. Clarke doesn’t interest me in the slightest....

Not much value for Finlayson but I would imagine he would go to the club where he thinks he can get the most game time and not sure where he would fit in your best 22 but a tall rebounding defender who is physically developed, I would think he could develop into a Birchall/Suckling type in a good environment
In terms of trades I would look at a 5-10 pick upgrade in the 3rd round this or next year
We're right into him, is seen as a long term replacement for birchall. Both he and Jack Scrimshaw from GC. Think we will get one or the other based on the information I'm getting.

Then what is our cap situation exactly? You would have to know it to make the statement.

If you had credibility I might bother to respond about players, but you dont so I wont.

So GWS doesn’t have a cap issue???
Unlike the Cam McCarthy situation, the Giants are now willing to accommodate contracted players who want to look elsewhere? I wonder why? Must just be a bunch of good blokes.

Sam Taylor is the reason Finlayson is on the market

I think this is odd. In June you finally get a relatively young player to extend his contract for a further 2 years and then only only a few months later you are open to trading him.

I don’t buy it’s because another player has simply come on over the past 4 or 5 months. That makes no sense and is a risk. There’s either a major attitude issue with Finlayson, or the Giants are doing what they can to manage their cap problems.

Happy to take Scully off your hands to do our bit to help out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems to be the rumour doing the rounds.
You’d think Durdin would be on the table for someone if were in for Finlayson.

Finlayson is more a tall winger/HB flanker his one on one work needs some work as can be shown by Franklin dominating in rd 22 when Davis went forward because of injury

Honestly I wonder if Finlayson woukd be a good fit for North.To me his weakness is his fight for the ball, in tight one on one defence. He can certainly do classy things though.

Unless your club believes it can fix that. If you view him as a big half back ball dustributirit could work.
So GWS doesn’t have a cap issue???
Unlike the Cam McCarthy situation, the Giants are now willing to accommodate contracted players who want to look elsewhere? I wonder why? Must just be a bunch of good blokes.
Finlayson was asked to look elsewhere. I wont play the game where you make an assertion without having any idea and I have to disprove it. If you know our cap position, what is it?
If you dont why would your saying we have a problem matter?

Finlayson is more a tall winger/HB flanker his one on one work needs some work as can be shown by Franklin dominating in rd 22 when Davis went forward because of injury

I wouldn't mind him as a succession plan for Frawley who I believe has one year left in him. Chip could teach the lad the one on one work throughout 2019.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Honestly I wonder if Finlayson woukd be a good fit for North.To me his weakness is his fight for the ball, in tight one on one defence. He can certainly do classy things though.

Unless your club believes it can fix that. If you view him as a big half back ball dustributirit could work.

Finlayson was asked to look elsewhere. I wont play the game where you make an assertion without having any idea and I have to disprove it. If you know our cap position, what is it?
If you dont why would your saying we have a problem matter?
Because you are denying you have a cap issue. In fact you have been aggressive and personal towards anyone who dares to bring it up.

He's a NSW local though so I could see Sydney having a run at him.

He's from Culcairn (55kms north of Wodonga).

Culcairn to Melbourne: 362kms
Culcairn to Sydney: 514kms

He's from Culcairn (55kms north of Wodonga).

Culcairn to Melbourne: 362kms
Culcairn to Sydney: 514kms

I didn't bother to look into it that deeply, I just knew he was an academy pick. Good indicator of how broken the GWS zone used to be though.

He also took up an academy scholarship and moved to Sydney at the age if 16, and has been resident here since. This is not about homesickness.

I wasn't making that assertion, just stating that Melbourne wouldn't be any great culture shock if he ended up here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back